Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...can someone please help me a bit?
I am about to buy new Italy shirt and i was wondering whom i want to be on that shirt.
I already have Vieri´s shirt and now i just wanna new one, but not Vieri this time...some rising star maybe.
Maybe striker or a talent playmaker, but dont Pirlo, because...you know why.:) I thought that i want Marchionni´s shirt, but i havent seen him play...ever, so i dont know how good is he?
And what is his number??
Is it #32 in Parma and #7 in U-21 NT?
Hope someone answer, because i wanna order that shirt later today or tomorrow...thanks. :)

How good Marchionni is anyway...i just looked Parma´s lineup against Roma and he was in bench the whole game.
Does he usually play at a starting lineup?
Is he creative?...i just wanna know more guys.:)

Ciao,
Tommi

EDIT: Here is what i found on this guy:

Italian U/21 international who has shown great ability to create chances for teammates being compared to Luis Figo at the same age. He has been playing well with Empoli in Serie B in 2000/01 attracting attention from larger clubs, both in Italy and abroad. Eventually decided to join Parma in the middle of 2001.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Marchionni has been so so this season.

He's played 1437 (797 of those in Serie A in 18 outings) minutes for us this season. Often as a second half sub and often as a striker. He's a natural right winger but with his technique and pace he's also good as a secunda punta. So to his defence I must say that he's not been given an honest chance at his best position. And when we really could have used a right wing with Passarella he was injured...

I haven't seen much of him myself but he can be devastating and spectacular and will surely be an azzurri for many years in the future. Probably starting with the qualifiers to Euro 2004. I think he'd be a good choice for your new shirt.

Other good options would include Ferrari (cool name, excellent player!) and maybe Brighi (although he's a filthy juventino)...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Verdi...you convinced me.:)
I will order that Marchionni´s shirt today, but what about he´s numbers? Does he have #32 in Parma and #7 in U-21 National team?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yep, in Parma he is wearing 32 and in the national team usually 7. I predict him to wear 7 next year in Parma too since 2 is free and Sartor could go for that. ;)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Yeah, I am pretty sure it is 7, my old number to :D
I got the Italy shirt, but with '5' and 'Cannavaro'.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered that shirt already..with Marchionni and #7 in back..it costs only 28 € (60% off) from kappastore.com

Thanks for your help guys...you were wonderful.:)

Ciao,
Tommi

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i have only seen marchionni play twice...both in the UEFA Cup...the kid was impressive...he is gonna be very good...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts