Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you are concentrated at the World Cup right now but I would like to know if someone could give me some more information on Marco Ferreira from Vitória Setúbal.

Atlético de Madrid is said to be interested in this guy. What kind of player is he and what is his best position on the field ? I've heard left-wing (which would be ideal) for us but am not sure.

He has already played in the b-team of Atlético, what are the chances he will move and are there also some Portuguese clubs interested in him ?

Thanks and good luck at the World Cup !

M

·
0 Posts
Benfica was interested in him i fact we were supposed to have signed him??

I never seen him play but he is supposed to be good and good at free kicks. I think he can play both right and left.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Only Ferreira I've heard of is Pedro, our GK I believe. I'll have a look into it for you though!:)

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Found something.

This coming from March 16th though-So I suppose he is playing for Lisbon Sporting.
Source-http://www.uefa.com/footballcentral/News/Kind=2/newsId=19579.html
Ferreira hat-trick
A second-half hat-trick from Marco Ferreira helped Vitória Setúbal edge out Gil Vicente FC 3-2 in a tense encounter at the Do Bonfim stadium. The hosts were trailing 2-0 at the interval courtesy of goals from Manoel and Ivo on but Ferreira reduced the deficit early in the second before firing two goals in the space of seven minutes for a memorable comeback.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies.

Our sportive director Paulo Futre was quoted in a Portuguese magazine/newspaper that Ferreira was one of the revelations last season and since Atlético is interested to sign good players he could be one of them.

So I don't think he has been signed by another team already but could be these Portuguse teams are closer as I don't know what to believe anymore from all the rumours lately....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts