Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One season wonder, or the next Italian star striker?

19 Serie A goals for Genoa in the 2007/2008 season. Before that, he has had a journeyman like career in Italy, playing for over half a dozen clubs. The next Luca Toni? :fero:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Well he has a rocket shot and the ability to get it off inside the box. I do not think he is a journeyman considering Milan own him so its not like clubs were willing to get rid of him, he was on loan for the most part.

If he gets a fair amount of time he should continue to score.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Adebayor inside, they have also insucky, Pato

4 strikers in an xmas tree :D...that plays single striker.

As 180% deal done ronaldinho is ... eh on the way being done...

so is sheva.

What chance does Boriello have other than a re-loan

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I think he is a one-season wonder.. it is the remnant of the steroids he ate off his GF pu$$y. Which to be honest if I were a pro footballer I wouldn't mind getting banned for life for doing so.

What a sweet piece of a$$ she is..

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
That was classy GameOver lol.

But he can strike a ball...Its just a matter of consistency.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
He will flop.

Hope he doesn't, but I am sure he will flop. If Gilardino didn't make it, I can't see why Borriello, and even a much improved version of Borriello , will make it into Ancelotti's plans.

By the way A10, does look like Dinho will be wearing rossonero next season. Whether thats a good or a bad thing, we shall see. :neutral:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
bern, who in the right mind would take Adebayor over Ronadinho...?

i speculate it to be 2 of them + sheva.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
only that fact that he refuses to go to City, and we are the only smarties ready to deal with him.
his brother came out talking the other day saying that its not over, as did Galliani.

Anyway, this should make sure this thread gets moved to the italian or milan forum.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
He will flop, but it won't mean anything. Players flop at Milan because of their system. He can still have a good career but rather late, just like Toni (probably less good but he's an okay player).

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I thought he was owned by Inter.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
He should be sold to a mid-table club like Genoa, I think he can strive there. Doesn't have to worry about the big pressure of playing for a club like Milan.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Firstly how can you honestly say Toni was a one season wonder?? Goals at Foirentina, Italy and Bayern Munich.

I think Borrielo is only going to grow as a player as he has become better and better this season. Big, strong but also very good technically. He can hold the ball up or turn a beat a player. A rare combination for a big man forward. He has got a good shot and is very smart with his movement. Great player

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I think he's a striker that can keep going around 15- 20 goals a season.

You can say he's a well schooled player. Specifically that he knows how to play the forward. He seems to have grasped his role in the team completely.
And then he has a decent set of attributes to work with- good shot, good balance, good anticipation, good shoulder in the defender...

What I like is the way he reacts when things don't work well- when he gets frustrated he works harder and harder.

I also think he can perform at a big club. I doubt he'll become a star striker but probably as the solid partner like Zamorano of Ronaldo.

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Firstly how can you honestly say Toni was a one season wonder?? Goals at Foirentina, Italy and Bayern Munich.

I think Borrielo is only going to grow as a player as he has become better and better this season. Big, strong but also very good technically. He can hold the ball up or turn a beat a player. A rare combination for a big man forward. He has got a good shot and is very smart with his movement. Great player
nobody said this.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Toni just seemed out of touch to me. Getting into good positions and at another time would have scored 3 or 4 goals and Italy would still be there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts