Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Polish right back is currently on trial at Belgian side RSC Anderlecht.

As we are in desperate need of a solid right back I'd like to know a bit more about this player. What are his strong / weak points ? What kind of player is he ? :)

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Short careerinfo on him:

99-00 Hutnik Krakow
00-02 Slask Wroclaw
02-05 Wisla Plock
05-06 Amica Wronki
06-07 Lech Poznan (5 goals in 14 games so far)

·
Registered
805 Posts
How was his first game then? Heard he scored.

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks but... is it supposed to be a slideshow or is sth wrong with my connection? ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RSC Anderlecht - KVC Westerlo 1-0
18' Marcin Wasilewski 1-0

Two games, two goals, two yellow cards ... He scored with his head (again) after a good cross of fellow defender Nicolas Pareja.

Next weeek we play the big game against FC Bruges :)

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, sometimes the wingers pass him too easy. The good point is that he battles back then :) And sometimes he seems quite nervous when the ball comes for his feet. As a result of that the spectators can train their goalkeeping abilities :)

Another weaker point which will go better in the future is the communication with him. Only our Czech goalkeeper does know some Polish words. So I hope he learns quite fast French, Dutch or English.

But after all I hadn't expect him to be that good as he is. I couldn't help comparing him, before I saw him playing, with Michal Zewlakow. But now it seems that he's a lot better then him :)

Did he got also many yellow cards in Poland ?

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems like we are getting a replacement for Wasyl ... A 22 year old Belgian right back who plays quite offensively, perfectly what the fans want to be honest.

I don't understand that Wasyl shows his offensive qualities when playing for the national team while he rarely does it at Anderlecht. In only one game he could convince me offensively this season: against Tottenham.

I hope Gillet (propably our new back) won't block Wasyl from being at the Euro 2008. Guess that tournement will be quite important for as well Poland as Wasyl as Anderlecht ...

·
Registered
63 Posts
yah this is what we have been discussing on Polishsoccer.com/forum.

most of the posters do not see the games and only get to see Wasilewski in a game like in uefa cup (except for 1 poster who actually lives in Belgium and sees him play). I never thought of the guy as a superstar but assumed he was holding his position down alright and i wasnt expecting him to lose his spot at this stage. but again, i dont get to watch him play so the management is obviously better at deciding that - 6th place right? changes can be expected. we really dont need more of our foreign based internationals warming the bench, but this is football - and seems to be a common theme with Polish players abroad.

is there a chance he will be moved over to the middle, which would actually be beneficial to our nt?....or will he go straight to the bench?

cheers, and good luck the rest of the season regardless.

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
m2793d said:
is there a chance he will be moved over to the middle, which would actually be beneficial to our nt?....or will he go straight to the bench?

cheers, and good luck the rest of the season regardless.
That could be, as we have only 2 proper central defenders (Argie Nicolas Pareja and Hungarian Roland Juhasz). Otherwise it'll propably be the bench. But I guess Andelrecht wants to play it smart ans give him his chances anyway, so he will play at the Euro 2008, so he could be transferred for a higher price after the tournament.

·
Registered
63 Posts
TomRSCA said:
That could be, as we have only 2 proper central defenders (Argie Nicolas Pareja and Hungarian Roland Juhasz). Otherwise it'll propably be the bench. But I guess Andelrecht wants to play it smart ans give him his chances anyway, so he will play at the Euro 2008, so he could be transferred for a higher price after the tournament.
business, business, business.....:howler:

thanks for responding mate, we'll see what happens i guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts