Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right folks!

Liga Leumit...what can i say?
It has been an exciting season so far........ A lot of suprises and upsets that happened this season in the lower Israeli leauge as it approaches the end.

Alot of teams that should have done better slumped and ended up getting knocked out of the potential race for first. A known team that wouldnt even be considered for Promotion has got the top flight and are looking forward to a return in Liga Ha'al!!!

Im not sure whens the last round? Round 33? And were in 23...so there is a potential of 30 points to be won in the next 10 rounds for these teams featured below:

1. Hapoel Petach Tikva 23 40
2. Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 22 36
-------------------------------------------------
3. Hapoel Haifa 23 35
4. Hapoel Raanana 22 34
5. Hapoel Bnei Lod 23 34
6. Hapoel Ramat Gan 22 33
7. Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 23 32

8. Hapoel Beer Sheva 22 29
9. Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion 22 29
10. Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon 23 27
------------------------------------------------
11. Hapoel Acre 23 24
12. Hapoel Nazareth Illit 22 15

The teams in Bold are a potential runners for Promotion.

Biggest Suprises: Hapoel Petach Tikva.
Seriously... I dont recall when they went down to the 1st round before in my days, but when they did last season....it was regrettable. A team with alot of fans and history going down to a leauge like this is unbarrable. And the way they started didnt help at all.....
Looking at the stats, they were once in last place, then made it into the mid table and then top, than again on relegation and today they are the forerunners in making it to the top leauge.......

Biggest Upsets:
Hapoel Rishon Le Zion -
The team basically started off very well, having fought for a spot in the top.....but with the break, the team just crumbled. Hardly won a game and just slid to the mid table. Its a shame. I really liked them. I was hoping they would do better, but there is no real push and so many teams took advantage of them. They are our little Maccabi Haifa's in the south :D

Hapoel Haifa -
Another great name in Israeli soccer. This team is really a heartbreaker. Havent seen the top since the passing of Robbie Shapira Z'L. The team struggled. They had a great lineup this season, but arent really pushing for anything...and as a result have laid back and watched their mark pass..although they are a strong contender, they will be seen as a team that tried and if didnt make it...will just add to another year of missing the top flight.

Hapoel Nazerth Illit -
A team that a copuple of years ago, was one of the top top teams in Liga Haal and with a European spot...are now seeing the red and goign down a leauge. A really great side with alot of potential. They really broke apart and sold their players. The Young arent really as adaptable to the game and as a result, money is a problem. The team is seeing Liga Leumit soon....

Hapoel Beer Sheva -
I wouldnt say they had a chance to start with, but they really didnt keep the lead or streek in which they maintained........ In essense, they are a good side and have alot of great players. Like Haifa and Petach Tikva, they are bound for the top flight, but by the looks of it, they may stay another season in Leumit....though they are not threatened relegation of any sort...not right now...

Upcoming games (Round 23 - some games were played)
Hapoel Bnei Lod 3 - 0 Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon
Hapoel Haifa 1 - 0 Hapoel Acre
Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 1 - 2 Hapoel Petach Tikva
Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
Hapoel Beer Sheva vs Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion
Hapoel Raanana vs Hapoel Nazareth Illit

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Liga Leumit is very equal, it is difficult to predict which team will promote. I believe one of the spots will be decided only in the last round.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Berko, is there 3 teams going to be promoted or only 2......

Like i said...30 points in the next 10 games......anything can happen..but i posted in bold for those who have a realistic and statistical chance of making it!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Any of the top-3 teams would be nice assets for the premier division.

But I hope Nazareth Ilit can somehow save themselves. I have a soft spot for them as it is the club where Dudu Awat (the man who got me into Israeli football) started his career. Plus, a club with their history shouldn't be playing in division 3. It does look very bad but a strong last part of the season hopefully is enough to narrowly escape from relegation...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:( My beloved hometown team plays in Liga Alef....

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Berko, is there 3 teams going to be promoted or only 2......

Like i said...30 points in the next 10 games......anything can happen..but i posted in bold for those who have a realistic and statistical chance of making it!
Only two teams will promote this season, but there are talkings that in a near future the number of clubs will increase.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THat would be good chance for Hapoel Haifa to make it in..

I forgot to mention about the Relegation....

Hapoel Nazarit Illit looks more than sure to be relegated this season, after not having 20 points...

Hapoel Acre right now is in the red zone, although they are not far from Ramat Hasharon or Rishon Le Zion.
They still have a shot to stay in the leauge.......

Acre is a disapointment. They were potentials a few years back and now they crumbled!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 24 42
2. Hapoel Petach Tikva 24 40
----------------------------------------

3. Hapoel Haifa 24 38
4. Hapoel Raanana 24 35
5. Hapoel Bnei Lod 24 35
6. Hapoel Ramat Gan 24 34
7. Hapoel Beer Sheva 24 33
8. Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 24 32
9. Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion 24 29
10. Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon 24 28
------------------------------------------
11. Hapoel Acre 24 25
12. Hapoel Nazareth Illit 24 21

Hapoel Raanana 0 - 1 Hapoel Nazareth Illit
Hapoel Raanana 0 - 0 Hapoel Ramat Gan
Hapoel Nazareth Illit 3 - 2 Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion
Hapoel Petach Tikva 0 - 2 Hapoel Haifa
Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon 0 - 0 Hapoel Beer Sheva
Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 1 - 0 Maccabi Akhi Nazareth
Hapoel Acre 0 - 0 Hapoel Bnei Lod

No real changes from last week's matchup! Both Nazreth teams won.
The biggest match of the week was possible Hapoel Petach Tikva and Hapoel Haifa.
Both teams are considered potential for promotion. Haifa took it 2-0 and although Hapoel PT is not out of the equation for Promotion, as they are infront.....Haifa looks to snap into 2nd possibly if they win next weekend if Hapoel will lose!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 26 43
2. Hapoel Haifa 26 42

-------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Hapoel Petach Tikva 26 41
4.Hapoel Bnei Lod 26 41
5. Hapoel Raanana 26 38
6. Hapoel Ramat Gan 26 38
7.Hapoel Beer Sheva 26 35
8.Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 26 33
9. Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon 26 32
10.Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion 26 31
---------------------------------------------------
11. Hapoel Acre 26 27
12.Hapoel Nazareth Illit 26 21

Hapoel Raanana 1 - 2 Hapoel Haifa
Hapoel Acre 0 - 0 Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion
Hapoel Petach Tikva 0 - 0 Hapoel Beer Sheva
Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 1 - 2 Hapoel Bnei Lod
Hapoel Ramat Gan 1 - 1 Maccabi Akhi Nazareth
Hapoel Nazareth Illit 2 - 3 Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon

HAPOEL HAIFA MADE IT TO PROMOTION ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
BIG ROUND! ALOT OF CHANGE, ESPECAILLY FOR PROMOTION!

BNEI LOD AND HAPOEL PT IS STILL A CONTESTANT...
CURRENTLY IF RAMAT GAN AND HAIFA LOSES NEXT ROUND AND BNEI LOD AND PT WIN, THEN WE HAVE A COMPLETE CHANGE...

HAKOACH IS SLOWING DOWN!
THIS IS THE MARCH MADDNESS BITCHES!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 27 46
2. Hapoel Petach Tikva 27 44
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Hapoel Haifa 27 42
4. Hapoel Bnei Lod 27 42
5. Hapoel Ramat Gan 27 41
6. Hapoel Raanana 27 39
7. Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 27 36
8. Hapoel Beer Sheva 27 35
9. Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon 27 35
10. Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion 27 31
--------------------------------------------------------------
11. Hapoel Acre 27 27
12. Hapoel Nazareth Illit 27 21

Another exciting round!
A few intresting games to note. Derby in Nazareth in which Achi took.
Hapoel Petach Tikva and Hakoach Ramat Gan scored some strategic points to put Petach Tikva in 2nd, and drop Hapoel Haifa in 3rd, with Bnei Lod for 42nd point and neibhouring Hapoel Ramat Gan at the helm of making it into 2nd.....

Hapoel Haifa 0 - 1 Hapoel Ramat Gan
Hapoel Bnei Lod 2 - 2 Hapoel Raanana
Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon 4 - 2 Hapoel Acre
Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 2 - 1 Hapoel Nazareth Illit
Hapoel Beer Sheva 0 - 1 Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion 0 - 2 Hapoel Petach Tikva

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well not sure..but most likely......

you never know what goes on right now. Petach Tikva had a good win, but there next few games look hard. So they may lose points and Haifa might slip up again or Bnei Lod, Hapoel Ramat Gan or even Raanana...

so its hard to see

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 28 49
2. Hapoel Petach Tikva 28 44

-----------------------------------------------------
3. Hapoel Ramat Gan 28 44
4. Hapoel Haifa 28 43
5. Hapoel Bnei Lod 28 42
6. Hapoel Raanana 28 40
7. Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon 28 38
8. Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 28 37
9. Hapoel Beer Sheva 28 36
10. Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion 28 31
---------------------------------------------------
11. Hapoel Acre 28 30
12. Hapoel Nazareth Illit 28 21

Hacoah Maccabi Ramat Gan 3 - 1 Hapoel Ironi Rishon LeZion
Maccabi Akhi Nazareth 1 - 1 Hapoel Haifa
Hapoel Nazareth Illit 0 - 2 Hapoel Acre
Hapoel Raanana 0 - 0 Hapoel Beer Sheva
Hapoel Petach Tikva 0 - 1 Ironi Nir Ramat HaSharon
Hapoel Ramat Gan 4 - 1 Hapoel Bnei Lod

Some pretty shity games to say the least.....
None the less, it seems like Hakoach is on its way to the top, having a 5 point lead from 2nd. The question of who gets into 2nd is going to be a close one as HPT looks determined to come back. But Bnei Lod, Hapoel Haifa and even Hapoel Ramat Gan can suprirse and take 2nd....

Nazerit Illit and Acre played one another, and Acre one, though it doesnt really mean much for this round, as they are 1 point behind exiting relegation. Ironi Rishon has had some really tough times and if they lose next round,they may be going into the Red...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i really hope Haifa would go up.
They are a really great team and it would be 10 years ago next season when they won the leauge with Rosso and Shapira and all...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
And it would bring back a really nice derby in Haifa. Cities like Haifa and Jerusalem should really have 2 teams each in the premier. It is weird that Tel Aviv always has 3 to 4 teams in the top flight while some other big cities have 1 or even none (for example Nazareth... should be a top division team there in that city really)

And I risk to bore everyone by naming Eilat again, but a team from Eilat in the premier league would be awesome :thumbsup: Long live Bnei Eilat! :)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bnei Eilat would be intresting, but mind you..... it would take a long time and money for many teams to come there. Some teams may not have the money and its also hot there...you dont want to play in hot hot weather....

that being said..it would be nice to have stars in Eilat as well, but it depends..

Some places in Israel are small and its not worth to have teams in the premier leauge. Nazareth is one of them

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Bnei Eilat would be intresting, but mind you..... it would take a long time and money for many teams to come there. Some teams may not have the money and its also hot there...you dont want to play in hot hot weather....

that being said..it would be nice to have stars in Eilat as well, but it depends..

Some places in Israel are small and its not worth to have teams in the premier leauge. Nazareth is one of them
Well Nazrath has two teams, Ahi Nazrath and Nazrath Illit, and a very big rivalry.

Some notes on Liga Leumit. Hapoel Haifa had two slumps in the last rounds, they drew against Hapoel Petah Tikva at home in a game they had a chance to pass their opponents in the standings and then a draw with Ahi Nazrath.
Hapoel Ramat gan little by little without no one noticing are very close to make a surprise. Very tough to guess.

Who do you guys vote?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think Hakoah is quite sure to promote, and I bet on Petah Tikva to get the second spot. But with Maccabi Haifa being my favourite team in Israel, I would like to see Hapoel Haifa promote so that the Haifa city derby would return.

PS I: Nazareth and Nazareth Ilit are very close but not exactly the same town. But very close so I guess you could call both in one breath.

PS II: I know Eilat's geographic location is not the easiest but professional teams should have no issues in one trip to Eilat per season? The Eilat team would have it more difficult, having to travel far distances every away game. For the other teams it would be only 1 trip to Eilat in the entire season.
While the location is making it difficult, I don't think the weather would be an argument contra an Eilat team. Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Egypt for example have the same climate as Eilat, and football is very popular in those countries. So if people in Dubai and Riyadh can play football despite the heat, then surely people in Eilat can do it :) And for fans of visiting teams it would be a nice away game, they could combine the game with a weekend by the Red Sea, bit of a weekend trip with the family combined with a football game.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
About Eilat, it is possible to have a professional team, but in Eilat most people don't really care much about football and half of the city are turists and people who are in vacation. Distance with the other cities which means some costs. And so on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts