Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
56,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this one will be a perfect oppurtunity to train the scoring skills for your guys. it will be probably an easy 3-0 win for the USA, unless a major surprise happens. enough to mention some of the most embarassing results the germans had in the past 2 years: 0-2 v hungary, 0-0 v latvia, 1-2 v czechia, 0-2 v slovakia, 1-5 v romania, 1-4 v italy, 1-2 v turkey, 1-3 v south korea. best sparring partner you could find at the moment. go USA!

P.S. sorry Tim :lala:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Easy win?

I think not. This is likely to be the toughest pre-World Cup match for the U.S., and a good test.

Evan

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
After that loss to Italy i think the Germans will be going for the kill i see them winning something like 3-0 they just have to win this game.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The Germans have won WC taking dives in the penalty area (see 1974) and the above was "no hand ball, according to the blind Englishman". They will do what they must to win. I hope we learned OUR lesson from 2002. This will be an "all MLS squad", and they have yet to loose, so it will be an interesting match.

The Germans will be ready. Klinsmann played down the 4-1whipping at the hand of Italy, because the back line was "young". The problem is the rest of the team were seasoned veterans. They were whipped, no excuses. (the game will be on Gol TV tonight, 3/6 @ 5:00pm EST, for those who have that channel). Italy looked very good.

p.s.: Italy scares me, they've won everything so far in the run up, including one over my pick to win the cup, Holland (1-3), in Holland.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
szövkap said:
P.S. sorry Tim :lala:
Sigh, I don't know. :(

...if the World Cup were still a long way away, I would have actually agreed with you and hoped that the US would have a major victory over Germany, so as to get Klinsmann into [even more] trouble and maybe the sack.

But I don't think any problems in the way of more losses and/or a change in managers is going to help Germany any, and I will therefore disagree with "Go USA!" ;)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Seeing that we are going with our all MLS B squad it should be an interesting game. Im sure the Germans will be feildin a somular squad wich may be a good thing for them.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Germany v. US(A)

No Donovan, No Dempsey

We do have Convey ... maybe with Donovan out we may see Failhaber?

The full roster:

Goalkeepers: Marcus Hahnemann (Reading, England), Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany)

Defenders: Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus, Germany), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96, Germany), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City), Cory Gibbs (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus), Heath Pearce (FC Nordsjaelland, Denmark), Eddie Pope (Salt Lake)

Midfielders: Bobby Convey (Reading, England), Chris Klein (Salt Lake), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado), Ben Olsen (D.C.), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City)

Forwards: Brian Ching (Houston), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City), Taylor Twellman (New England), Josh Wolff (Kansas City)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Feilaber was born in brazil and could be as gd as tab ramos was...He is gonna be a great midfielder!!!!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts