Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia is rumored to have agreed a fee with Newcastle United defender Marcelino Elena.Only personal terms are left to ber discussed with the former Mallorca defender while the move is excpected to cost £4.

On the other hand Swedish defender Joachim Bjorklund is set to join Sunderland in a fee around £3.Sunderland's manager Peter Reid is keen to bring a central defender at the Stadium of Light to partner with veteran Steve Bould.Celtic'c Allan Stubbs was the most favorable candidate but a surprising move could see the Swede defender of Valencia as a Black Cat by next week.

Lets see...

OUT:
Claudio Lopez (Lazio)
Gerard Lopez (Milan)
Francisco Farinos (Milan or Parma)
Joachim Bjorklund (Sunderland)
IN:
Jon Carew (Rosenborg)
Marcelo Delgado (Boca Juniors)
Marcelino Elena (Newcastle)

I think that Valencia MUST definitely sign a lef back (Carboni wont get any younger) and 2 cental midfielders (Albelda can start).Marcelino was a great move because he will be great again in Spain so Cuper will be able to play Pellegrino where he deserves...THE BENCH!

Canizares
Angloma-Marcelino-Djukic-Carboni
Mendieta-Albelda-????-Kily Gonzalez
Delgado-Carew

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
This could be good and bad; marcelino is a very rough defender and bjorklund is very offensive. It is not official yet, so don't announce that Gerrard is leaving, but Claudio and Farinos are. Lazio picked up Claudio and Milan got farinos. Buy the way, Dida has joined milan as well.

This is not the end for Valencia. They will probably get Hasslebaink from Atletico on loan for 1 year and possibly stankovic from lazio.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Argh, I am sick of big teams always dismanteling "smaller" clubs of their best players. But we will bounce back with some new signings that are going to make us a condender still!! I am a little happy about Marcelino coming because I am sure he was one of Cuper's favorite defenders in Mallorca.

As for the list of IN's and OUT's I think of it like this:

OUT:
Claudio Lopez (Lazio, duh)

Farinos (Milan/Parma?, probably Milan.)

Bjorklund (Sunderland, is going to join Shawarz.)

Ilie (He is almost for sure too, but the club he will go to could be affected on how well he performs in Euro2000.)

Gerard Lopez (I wouldn't be surprised if he stays, from my impression he still needs time to develop, and staying would be more ideal.)

Juan Sanchez, Oscar Garcia, Goran Vlaovic (All have decent chances of leaving, especially Vlaovic who is almost certain to leave.)

IN:

Marcelo Delgado (Replacement for Ilie.)

John Carew (Replacement for Lopez.)

Marcelino Elena (Could be a key signing, Cuper knows him from Mallorca.)

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbiank (Hmm, we'll see. Too many teams want him.)

Alin Stoica (This kid is very talented, has decent chances of coming.)

Pochettino (I heard Cuper likes him and wants him... possible replacement for Djukic who is getting old.)

[This message has been edited by EclipsE (edited 27-05-2000).]

·
Registered
394 Posts
..its true.. i said this a while back.. Valenica is being ripped apart.. thats the way it goes i suppose..

..it just sounds unfair, cause you don't really need to be a talented mananger to have the best team, we ALL know who the best players are. It seems these days that you just need the most money..

..one thing Valenica do not have to even hold on to their players.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Vicente may fill in that left-back role. He is an up & coming young player from the 2nd division B's LEVANTE U.D.

Problem is, Arsenal are after him as well. So it's up to Vicente I guess.

------------------
Come to...
http://www.ciberche.net
The award-wining Valencia CF website

1 - 7 of 7 Posts