Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly could be set for a sensational move to Manchester United.

Desailly’s agent Pape Diouf told French newspaper L’Equipe that United manager Sir Alex Ferguson had enquired about the player’s availability.

"Alex Ferguson has indeed contacted me,” said Diouf. "Marcel is still under contract for two years with Chelsea and it’s up to the London club to give its opinion."

Desailly has been an inconsistent figure in the Chelsea defence since signing from AC Milan last season, unable to reproduce the kind of form that made him a World Cup winner with France in 1998.

Marseille are also reported to be keen to bring the 31-year-old defender back to France but it is clear that a move to the Premiership champions would be hard to resist.

"I'm aware of Alex Ferguson's initiatives and I'm flattered," said Desailly. "Who wouldn't dream of playing for Manchester United, even if eight other big European clubs are currently interested in me?"

"For now I'm a Chelsea player and I intend to respect the club which employs me.

"As far as negotiations go, it’s not only up to me, it concerns Chelsea and the other clubs and I'll be keeping close tabs on the situation.

"To say Manchester United is a priority for me would be a bit hasty because it’s an offer, prestigious though it is, among many others that have come my way."

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Marcel's delightedness makes me worry about his dedication to the Blues. If he goes to ManU I will hate him forever. Actually, if anyone from Chelsea goes to ManU I will hate them forever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts