Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
You have to go out and buy El Mundo Deportivo and Sport, read them all and divide by four;)

Those "newspapers" are fanzines, not newspapers. XT, Dagoods, Marc and El Fenomeno are less biased than all of them:howler: The least biased (yet still biased) review of La Liga is done by El Mundo (not El Mundo Deportivo) every Monday in their printed edition.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
barça said:
You have to go out and buy El Mundo Deportivo and Sport, read them all and divide by four;)

Those "newspapers" are fanzines, not newspapers. XT, Dagoods, Marc and El Fenomeno are less biased than all of them:howler: The least biased (yet still biased) review of La Liga is done by El Mundo (not El Mundo Deportivo) every Monday in their printed edition.
EMD and Sport are as biased as As and Marca, the problem is that the influence of EMD and Sport is lower compared to the newspapers of Madrid.

I'm scared for the propaganda campaign started in Madrid to pressure the refs. Today, AS dedicate the 75% of their columns to talk about the "favours" for Barcelona and they talk about the 3 penalties (I only saw Belletti's one, just an opinion), but surprisingly they DO NOT say anything about Gravesen's hand. Marca shows the 3 pics of the supposed penalties.

So I really fear a bad ref soon or later. It seems that they don't recall the ref in Villarreal, they don't recall Salgado's penalty and the worst of all, they understood Figo when he broke the leg of Cesar. Funny, the same newspapers, always defending "justice" and "fair play", destroyed Kluivert and Alfaro for smaller actions (none of them have broken any leg, as far as I know), but they got sanctions of 4 or 5 matches. Instead, AS and Marca said: "Uff, the tackle is terrible, but Figo is so nice... he said that he is sorry, he doesn't deserve a ban, we know him and he's a good person" :yuck:

The problem is not how biased they are, but which is the influence that they have in the refs and it scares me.

It's funny, because these people always talk about Barcelona's victimism, they always say "the refs give and steal, but at the end, everything is fair"... now it seems that Barça is the boss of the refs. The problem is that, after one century of Spanish football, everyone know who got the favours and that's why the Sevilla or the Valencia press did not react as violently when Barcelona got a "favour".

AS and Marca have started an antibarça campaign, be prepared for anything.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Can't agree with El Mundo (the extreme right wing newspaper) not being biased. If nobody's around, I sometimes have a secret look at it and usually get pretty angry with its pro-merengueism.

·
40,147 Posts
Roger said:
Can't agree with El Mundo (the extreme right wing newspaper) not being biased. If nobody's around, I sometimes have a secret look at it and usually get pretty angry with its pro-merengueism.
I usually have the chance to read "El Mundo" for free, but the truth is that I usually do not read the reviews of the matches, because they're quite boring, except Santi Segurola's (El Pais) ones. You can agree or not with Segurola, but he's a good writer.

Leaving aside the sports section, I prefer to keep my opinion about El Mundo, because this is not the place to talk about it and I know myself, and if I start to talk about Pedro Jota, Federico G. Losantos, Raul del Pozo and the rest of LIARS that write in it, there is no way to stop me. :scream:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Marca is not a fanzine. But they are always being very objective. As is very agressive against Barça, ever trying to make scandals, rumours and others negative effects.

Sport and EMD are pro barça. So it's here we can find articles and news from Barça. They even make rumours, and others articles. Sport is more agressive to real, like As do.

Barça as real ever have some favours in old times. But we were victims too compared to real. Also refs are influenced by federation and it is negative for Barça. We watched bad refs against Valencia, I was there and it's serious. real need to go up and refs will help them.

real newspapers have began the campaign as k4 said. They are using all they can to influence refs and help real. The better way for Barça is answering in the pitch by results as in Sanchez Pizjuan !!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The whole idea is laughable.

The "news"papers, and Madrid fans, highlight the penalty we got against Valencia as proof that we were favoured, yet ignore the other penalty claims we didn't get or the ref not sending off at least 3 Valencia players.

They saw the one clear penalty against Sevilla, and yet decide to add the one where Deco slid past a guy as Puyol took the ball, where the Sevilla player was diving before Deco had even slid in. AND the one where Antonio dived ridiculously. The SKY commentators were killing themselves laughing at the diving. It's the same every week. WE have to put up with constant diving and cheating from opponents just about every week, and refs who let it happen, yet WE are being favoured??!?!?

We've had literally 3 or 4 dodgy decisions this season, if that. And those have been outweighted by the decisions against us no doubt. Let the Madrid press do their campaign, it's no different to anything else they've done in history.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Bottom line is... if you want unbiased soccer news, don't read anything from the same country. You will inevitably find a biased point of view anywhere you read. Now... if you HAVE to read news, I suggest you:

#1= Watch the games yourselves
#2= Read every source of news available knowing WHERE it comes from and knowing that it will be biased.

I know when there is important or "credible" news when a "rival" news source publishes potentially controversial information about the rivals. Sometimes a news source might "ommit" certain information they find to be damaging to their club, and the rival news source goes ahead and publishes it, sometimes exagerating on the issue. So you can't believe 100% what anything says. For instance: Sport published something about a fight between Figo and Salgado during training that I didn't see in AS or Marca. That info MAY be true. Also, AS and Marca have published stuff about the Laporta and Rossell problem (may overexagerating some stuff) that wasn't published in Sport and EMD until later, probably not to hurt the club's image.

If anyone can find a 100% biased soccer news source, then please post it's link.

Thanx

·
Registered
70,108 Posts
MARCA are very nervous this year. Since R.Madrid won at Calderon their "portadas" are totally bullshit ("Madriditis", "Leaders in March" and so on...). They are trying to put under pressure Barcelona clearly.

·
40,147 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
EDIT: If I talk about El Mundo, I would be banned
:D

I am talking about the sports section of Monday only;) I enjoy reading it.

By the way if El Mundo is extreme right wing what does that make La Razon? :eek: (No response needed K4, I wouldn't want you to get banned :D )

Mateo, Marca is a fanzine my friend, read the printed news and you will see. Barcelona is never on their front page, yet today they have three pics of the penalties and I agree with K4, only Belletti's was a pk:mad:

·
40,147 Posts
barça said:
:D

I am talking about the sports section of Monday only;) I enjoy reading it.

By the way if El Mundo is extreme right wing what does that make La Razon? :eek: (No response needed K4, I wouldn't want you to get banned :D )

Mateo, Marca is a fanzine my friend, read the printed news and you will see. Barcelona is never on their front page, yet today they have three pics of the penalties and I agree with K4, only Belletti's was a pk:mad:
I can't... I can't... I tried to respond, but I've deleted all what I wrote at the end. There's many people here that are not into Spanish politics and this is not the place to talk about it, according to XT rules.

But could you check your PMs?

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Koeman4 said:
hhahaha.... the joke of the year without a doubt.

Yeah... come here, we are waiting for you :D
I will wait for him in the airport to slice him up :happy:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Marca and MD are directed to the whole state so they´re a bit more "calmed" although they can´t stop they´re bias, that´s why they change some news in their versions for bilbao, for example.

AS is a shit panflet, that only serves for when your toilet paper finishes. It´s crap, starting by it´s director who is bad person, as most of the sports "journalists" ( :rolleyes: ) of that media group, with empashis on Relaño from As and De La Marrana from SER. Just look what he´s written today...

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xref=20050201dasdaiopi_1&type=Tes&anchor=dasopiA00

He talks about the help Barça and Athletic receive from the FA (refs) since their support to Villar in the elections. I don´t think I even have to respond to that, I would just ask him to watch Athletic´s tuesday´s game against Valladolid and the penalty for hand of Javi González... And that´s nothing compared to when they appeared yesterday in the radio calling Gurpegi drug adict...Algunos ven la paja en el ojo ajeno...:eek:

·
Registered
70,108 Posts
haha these Marca guys are so funny...this week they dedicate the "portadas" to Atletico :D It´s clear that they play vs Barcelona...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GICA said:
haha these Marca guys are so funny...this week they dedicate the "portadas" to Atletico :D It´s clear that they play vs Barcelona...
Yeah! ... from the very beginning their frontpage includes a BIG M.
:howler:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts