Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filipe Reis said:
Any chance of having a quick translation of what this article says? :)
"Marat played great. Dont know if they'll show his goals in Russia, but they both were little football masterpieces. In the first case he overplayed the keeper in a fine manner, and in the second case it was a "far kick", in about the same manner as he had done it in the Portugal Cup final match against Porto, with the only difference that this time he was a little closer to the gate. He had one more chance. Marat got the ball in mid-field, passed 4 or 5 rival players and got "head to head"? with the keeper but didn't score.
He feels well, they accepted him great in the team. Sporting supporters admire him after he scored a goal against Porto. Naturally, the victory is his merit in the first line.
Marat clearly is a starter. He needs to practice constantly to make progress. We set the aim to play at least 2 years in Sporting, and only after that to make any decisions re. his future career. Portugal championship should show what Marat is capable of" - Marat's agent Paolo Barbosa (sp?)

... There. Quick, but not exactly accurate :D

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I wonder why Hiddink doesnt't invite him in the NT. Is he really worser than for example Saenko?

·
Registered
15,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And now Marat's not going to play against Romania due to personal reasons (http://news.sport-express.ru/online/ntext/22/nl228120.html). They say he's not playing because his wife and his daughter are at a hospital now. When did he manage to get married? :confused::D I've not heard anything about it and even Google search gives no result. The closest I could find was a bit of info from last summer according to which he had a 1-year old son :googly::D

I have no reason not to trust Hiddink's words though lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts