48,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd v Leeds

Old Trafford
Saturday, 21 February
Kick-off: 1230 GMT
Referee:

Mark Halsey (Lancashire)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may return to Manchester United's line-up after five months out following knee surgery.

Louis Saha is available after being cup-tied last week while Wes Brown is likely to start on the bench.

Mark Viduka is suspended for Leeds and keeper Scott Carson, 18, makes his debut as Paul Robinson is also banned.

Eirik Bakke (thigh) and Didier Domi (ankle) should be fit but Lucas Radebe (hamstring) is a doubt while Jody Morris and Michael Duberry are out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester Utd (from): Howard, Carroll, G Neville, Silvestre, Brown, O'Shea, Fortune, P Neville, Forlan, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Butt, Keane, Solskjaer, Kleberson, Giggs, van Nistelrooy, Saha, Bellion.

Leeds (from): Carson, Kelly, Harte, Camara, Radebe, Caldwell, Barmby, Olembe, Pennant, McPhail, Smith, Bakke, Johnson, Matteo, Lennon, Domi, Richardson, Sakho, Kilgallon, Milner, Allaway.

I predict a 0-4 victory for Leeds with Smithy scoring all four
;)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
MAN UTD V LEEDS

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Arsenal could become so determined to preserve their unbeaten Premiership record it may eventually bring about another championship collapse.

On the eve of a potentially pivotal weekend, the wily Manchester United boss has decided now is the time to begin the mind games that proved so successful 12 months ago.

Aside from Diego Forlan, who was not due to return from midweek duty with Uruguay until later this afternoon, Ferguson reported nothing more than a series of bumps and bruises from his squad's international exertions.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Wes Brown will be in the squad after turning out for the reserve team against Liverpool on Thursday night, although Ferguson may not stray too far from the side that defeated Manchester City in the FA Cup last Saturday with the notable exception of Louis Saha's return up front alongside Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Mark Viduka is banned for Leeds after the Australian football authorities invoked a FIFA ruling following his failure to report for international duty in midweek.

Caretaker manager Eddie Gray is without another international at the other end of the field with Paul Robinson suspended. That means Scott Carson, 18, makes his full debut in goal at Old Trafford.

Eirik Bakke (thigh) and Didier Domi (ankle) should be fit but Lucas Radebe (hamstring) is doubtful and Jody Morris (knee) and Michael Duberry (ribs) are still out.

-----------------------------------------------

I also predict 4-0... :tongue: Let's go boys!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
1-1, looks like Leeds are dying to spoil the title race, but I doubt leeds fans will be too bothered; and rightly so, cause the teams playing well, without key players.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A good game and a fine result.Of course luck was on our side today as Manure missed loads of good goalchances. Especially RVN, who probably had one of his worst matches in ManU shirt today.But it was a good team performance from our players.And Smith's header was brilliant:star:

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Thought I'd drop in and say whazzup, since I watched the game today...my friend's a Man U fan, and by luck we discovered a channel that WASN'T showing the Chelsea-Arsenal matchup, but Man U-Leeds :rolleyes:

Leeds definitely didn't deserve to lose today, and I was very happy to see Smith score the equaliser.

RVN - shame on him for missing that sitter in the 89th. tsk tsk :eek:

I really hope Leeds don't get relegated...the EPL would be different without them :(

Lamine Sakho had one good game this season (his 1st I think) and that's it. Seth Johnson's a real workaholic, gives the squad some depth which it needs.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Stinkfist said:
Lamine Sakho had one good game this season (his 1st I think) and that's it. Seth Johnson's a real workaholic, gives the squad some depth which it needs.
Yeah, he has played b4 this season. And he seems to always doa great job... Smith was class as usual, he is our best player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts