Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am barca fan but i heard a lot of things about Mantorras please can u give me all the information u know about this player ,specially his numbers(goals and matchs played)
and i heard that he may be transfered to barca is that true?

M

·
0 Posts
Rumours are that he will go to Barca in the summer but im not sure if there is any waight behind this. His season so far has been up and down. In the early parts of the season he looked awesome and was taking people on and beating them most of the time as well as scoring the goals. It went down hill slightly and he was struggling to find the net and got a bit greedy for my liking and he got injured and is only beggining to regain his starting place now. Potentially he is very good but i think he would benefit from staying in Portugal getting first team football until he about 22-23 before moving to a big club.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Isn't Mantorras a rumour with every big club since he joined Benfica? :rolleyes: ;)
I don't wanna see him leave yet ... he still needs to develop ... and he belongs to Benfica! :stuckup:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Yes ... he scored some goals for Benfica (9 ... I know :rolleyes: ) ... but for me Eusebio does not belong to Beira Mar IMO ... so ... ;)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Sure, 50% in future sell. What happens is that if Mantorras is sold for a fee higher than €20M that percentage is modified, but nobody explained that clearly. Same story for Ednilson.

M

·
0 Posts
I hate these kind of deals they seem to make transfering him poinless as Benfica will hardly make any profit.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
So we should not sell em ;) ... not only for financial sakes :)

M

·
0 Posts
Would be good but i cant see it. Its best for him to stay at Benfica and play but he will move if given the chance i would wager.

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah. But if thats the case why do we continue to sell them? If were not gaining anything why offload a good player for peanuts?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Agents directly connected with clubs only get percentages and fees when players are sold (José Veiga didn't receive any € with arrivals at SLB, he only gets 10% or more when player leaves - of course their value is increasing when at SLB, for ex). Clubs don't need to pay quick and absolute large fees to get the players, then. With the appearance of PLC's/SAD's these situations happen more frequently because these guys are new administrators of those PLC's. The example of FC Porto is more flagrant: Pinto da Costa is now only 9% owner of the club when before PLC he was quite 100%.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts