Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
No way, Henry is our main threat and must remain in his position.

I like Manny, simply because he offers something different. I just hope he will accept a bench role during the course of his Arsenal career, because RVP and Henry are just too much. It would be really nice to have Manny on the bench so we can throw him in at the deep end. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Paraiso said:
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now. One of the best goals I've ever seen in my life was when Kanu scored against Chelsea when Ed de Goey was still playing in goal maybe 4 or 5 seasons ago.

Kanu had his gifts as well.
"It's Kanu ... what's he gonna DOOOOOOOOO!? OOOOHH!"

What a goal. :proud:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Faisal said:
Yeah like Jern said he is abit like Crouch with more pace and power, lacks abit of composure though but he can work on that with time. :)
Crouch?

Adebayor is the player that Crouch dreams about becoming. :eekani:

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
FlyHigh said:
Actually, RvP plays some wing for Holland, so maybe we could see him behind Manny and Thierry?
Isn't that where he used to play when he was at Feyenoord?

He plays as part of a 3 man attack for Holland. He plays on the right, RVN plays in the middle and Robben on the left. I think Arsenal can work something similar I'd play it like this. My 4-3-3.

Titi.................Adebayor.................Robin

Cesc..............................................Hleb

.......................Diaby............................

·
Registered
32 Posts
Paraiso said:

He plays as part of a 3 man attack for Holland. He plays on the right, RVN plays in the middle and Robben on the left. I think Arsenal can work something similar I'd play it like this. My 4-3-3.

Looks nice, but if think it's way too attacking. Against some top teams it would be suicidal to go with this formation.

Another drawback of this system would be some pissed off benched players(Reyes, Pires, Freddie, Gilberto). And Cesc isn't as effective when he plays on the wings. Better keep him in the middle

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Kanu had one and half good season and then went backwards, showed no ambition and never fulfilled his potential.

Adebayor must not get into that state of mind nor must van Persie. you will become a great player if you keep on trying and working hard.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Paraiso said:

Reyes???

Where is he

·
Registered
877 Posts
Paraiso said:

Remember we dont have the strongest mid in the land. We'll be way to easy to break down IMO

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Arsene plays 4-4-2. He went for 4-5-1 when he saw the midfield couldn't cope. Once Gilberto / Diaby and Cesc are able to handle the midfield battles, we will revert to 4-4-2 permanent.

van Persie and Adebayor will be used as partners to Henry. There will be games that Adebayor plays and others that van Persie plays and some when they play together without Herny..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
not for Arsenal he isn't. ;)

i can't imagine Ashton ever playing fast one touch stuff that we play.
he's played under dario gradi for most of his career his technique is superb, he's good with both feet and in the air

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
goonsquad said:
he's played under dario gradi for most of his career his technique is superb, he's good with both feet and in the air
he still isn't good enough technically for the way we play, didn't Gradi teach Robbie Savage how to play as well? ;)

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Kanu was super talented, just that a lot of the time he played for himself, and as soon as he got his big contract he went AWOL.
True, but he was talented no less.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Gunner4life said:
Remember we dont have the strongest mid in the land. We'll be way to easy to break down IMO
I wouldn't play a 4-3-3 against teams like Chelsea or Manchester United, but everyone else should get this 4-3-3. I didn't include Bolton or Blackburn on this list since they got the best of us this season merely because we were going through an akward spell. Next season we'll be eating the Boltons and the Blackburn Rovers of the league for breakfast.

I think Reyes can come in for Van Persie on the left and create good competition for these places. I think Adebayor will only grow and will provide us with a lot of good football so I think it'd be a crime to leave him on the bench.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
i dont really agree, in the FA cup final we were 4-5-1 and they controlled the game and would have won if the horse hadnt missed about 3 clear chances, although thierry wasnt playing of course.

When we have our full squad fit and we are playing well 4-4-2 is perfect for us with henry-RVP up front, and Adebayor getting PLENTY of chances as our first reserve striker.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts