Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eekani:

I read that in the newspaper this morning. Is it true? How do you guys feel about it? (I guess Robert is too busy drinking champagne... ;))

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Latest news are that it's still between Sturm and FC Kärnten for a one year-loan.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The so FAK-loving Mandl refused to play at the indoor-tournament, though there's still no decision about his new club, so bye bye Mandl, no tears. Can't believe he really thinks that he's better off at Sturm or Kärnten. Typically Austrian mentallity...

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Thana, not yet into Champagne too much. More the tea with rum, that 80% version...... ;)

As for Mandl, imo pretty idiotic to lend him out into the home league, but probably he found out no international interest is really there. Which tells quite something about the image of Austrian football, as Mandl after all is the NT keeper and who besides us and Amo know about him being not all that fantastic.

But as far as I see it, the questioning of Mandl started before his keeping started to go down. It started when he began to overdo his endless "love for Austria Wien"-shows, kissing the emblem in this certain fashion and doing other things which just seemed fake. And how fake it was we now see in bright light from his reactions and statements.

He is still very strong on the line and I would have liked him to go to EPL, where hardly any keeper is able to come from the line and control the box anyway, but him leaving does not result in any tears shedding by me at all.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
75.000 Euro for a 1 1/2 year-loan.
Meanwhile, De Wilde will leave for Belgium, so Mandl will be #3 after Gratzei and Knezevic. ;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
There are rumours that Dospel could leave too... :eekani:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts