Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From BBC

Mandaric plans to build on Portsmouth's recent good form
Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has pledged to maintain the financial stability at the club after announcing profits of £3m up to 31 May, 2004.

It is the first time Pompey have been in the black since Mandaric arrived at Fratton Park in the summer of 1999.

He told the club's website: "We are not going down the road that others have taken, where examples of financial ruin and debt are still prevalent.

"This club won't have to be dependent on a single individual again."

Mandaric continued: "I came to Portsmouth Football Club at a time when an individual or consortium were required to take over simply to keep the organisation afloat.

"Now that this club has begun to stand on its own two feet it will never need to go through that again.

The new stadium will make this club Premier League in every sense
Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric
"The reins will simply be able to one day pass over to someone else who will continue the smooth running of its affairs."

And with work set to begin on a new stadium, Mandaric predicts a bright future for Portsmouth.

He added: "In order to take advantage of our future opportunities, we have continued to invest in the club's infrastructure.

"I see this as an important part of our plans as we achieve a balance between football success and financial stability.

"This investment has seen the introduction of Velimir Zajec in an executive role - an important part of our strategy for the stability of the club in the Premiership.

"Velimir's 'steadying hand' has already been well demonstrated in a very short space of time.

"The new stadium will be a first-class facility and one that any Premiership club would be proud to own.

"It will make this club Premier League in every sense and greatly increase our revenue, enhancing our reputation as a leading force in football."

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
how old is this story???? recent good form ??????

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monday, 21 February, 2005
Fairly recent

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
In my opinion Mandaric will sooner or later ruin this football club. Sacking Harry Redknapp and now talking bullocks about his first-class work there is really hilarious. Zajec so far did noting, really nothing, to help this team. As I see it, Portsmouth will be back in D1 in 3 years time...
Don't get me wrong - I do not hold any grudges with Portsmouth FC but your owner and management just don't seem to be EPL class...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts