Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
I don't understand the exclusion of Politano. He was key for Napoli after Lozano got injured, scored big goals and assists. We have who instead? The two Bs Berardi and Bernardeschi?

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Right? Leaving him out is nuts to me. Politano offers something that the others don't. Even if you don't want to start him, he's pretty much an ideal choice for an impact substitute....the guy who will cut in and cause all kinds of problems and who might well nick a goal himself.

As for who should be cut to make way for Politano, gentlemen, is it unanimous? 😂

·
Registered
47,504 Posts
Raspadori over Politano? wtf :mad:
Raspadori is an odd choice, but I get the reason why Mancini likes him, in fact he is something similar to what Mancini was at the same age: a #9 with huge technical skills. TBH I'm quite jumping on Raspadori's bandwagon. Politano could have been called up instead of Bernardeschi but I have never been a huge fan of him, the way I have never been a huge fan of Bernardeschi. Berardi is clearly a better player than both.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
The other odd thing was no Calabria at all in this training and selection....

He was clearly a very good player for Milan, also subbed in as a central midfielder. After Florenzi's last major international tournament I don't understand this really.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Oh and also, the GK selection is quite bad. Donnarumma has been very poor lately on crosses. His subs are Meret (low confidence) and Sirigu (wasn't he poor this season?).

This Serie A season had so many good GK performances from Italian GKs. I don't understand how we end up with Meret (I get it with Sirigu if they want an experienced cheerleader).

Consigli, Gollini, Cragno were higher confidence keepers than Meret.

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Yeah, Calabria! Deserves to be in there.

Agree about the keepers too. All 3 keepers you named deserve to be in over Sirigu based on their seasons.

Do you know how Sepe did overall? Each time I watched Parma, he looked pretty good.

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Yeah, Calabria! Deserves to be in there.

Agree about the keepers too. All 3 keepers you named deserve to be in over Sirigu based on their seasons.

Do you know how Sepe did overall? Each time I watched Parma, he looked pretty good.
tbh, Parma and (sorry to Toni) samp were my least watched teams this season

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Raspadori is an odd choice, but I get the reason why Mancini likes him, in fact he is something similar to what Mancini was at the same age: a #9 with huge technical skills. TBH I'm quite jumping on Raspadori's bandwagon. Politano could have been called up instead of Bernardeschi but I have never been a huge fan of him, the way I have never been a huge fan of Bernardeschi. Berardi is clearly a better player than both.
The fact Politano played for both Inter and Napoli while Berardi is 'allowed' to stay at Sassuolo says something though. I think Berardi was labelled as a Cassano type figure without the same talent early on his career. Not sure it evolved much. At least he stays more disciplined than he used to. I hope he proves me wrong though.

·
Administrator
53,362 Posts
Mancini, Pessina and Politano are out. Raspadori is in.
Wait, he chose Toloi over Mancini? Useless Cristante still there? Allways injured Sensi over Pessina?

He cut a Kean who had impressive season with PSG, for a midfielder in Politano I thought. But now same politano cut for a kid CF in Raspadori?

·
Registered
17,983 Posts
Mancini wasn't going to play anyway. I would say Chiellini, Acerbi, Bastoni and maybe Bonucci are all clearly ahead of him.

I haven't watched Toloi play though.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Me too! And suprised.

Italy has not conceeded a goal in its last 8 games, all of which have been won!

To be in such fine form on the cusp of the tournament is obviously of critical importance.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
I'm excited for the tournament. We play the Turks on Friday. Would like to grab maximum points from the first two matches before Wales, who I can see us struggling against a little. Concerned about the lack of firepower up front, notwithstanding the 4-0 win over the Czechs. Not confident.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts