Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that it's official. Mancio is our new coach. :)

What i wonder, if this is true, if he was behing purchases of Oddo & Sorin?

What i expect from the coach is to have a clear picture in his head of what he wants to make out of this team. What was "announced" so far is that he wants to keep Mandietta, Inzaghi & Lopez. Following was posted by Mattias on LazioMania.

"Roberto Mancini is already working for the Lazio of next season. He and Cragnotti have made up plans for the future and the president will try to satisfy the new coach's requests.

Mancini believes a lot in Gaizka Mendieta, Claudio Lopez and Simone Inzaghi. Three players that he wants to keep at all cost. Mancini also wants to keep Couto, Nesta and Stam. And to the defence, Lazio should already have signed Sorin from Cruzeiro and Oddo from Verona.

On the midfield the hope is to bring Juan Sebastian Veron back from Man Utd, and also buy Edgar Davids from Juventus.

Then Mancini wants to bring the young central defender Moretti from Fiorentina, and the attacker Enrico Chiesa from the same club.

Mancini should have told Cragnotti that he do not consider Hernan Crespo indispensable, and that if a great bid arrives for the striker, Mancini would not opposite the sale. "

Where is Deki in this picture? Gianni? is he after 3-5-2 hoping that he'll finally make Lopez work-out with Oddo & Sorin? What are the chances of getting Veron back?

I think i gonna get a headache:D

·
Registered
450 Posts
The chance of Mancini even considering a three man defence should be slim. He's a product of the Eriksson school, and as far as I know he used a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 in Fiorentina.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Whatever his moves maybe, whichever player he decides to keep out of those who we wanted out I say we give 100% support to Mancio! I was very vocal in saying "Mendieta vattene" but if Mancini thinks he can make him a champion, he obvoiously sees something we don't. Why do I think this way? It's not because of Mancini as a player nor because of the fact he is a Lazio legend. No, cold hearted facts are behind my faith in him. Remeber last summer, when he came to Lazio to take some players to Fiorentina? He wanted S.Inzaghi and Stankovic. And all of us said:"Yeah, they should go, they have no future in Lazio" Well, those two have been rare positive notes in this crappy(mildly put) season!

Mancio knows, people!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lightoller said:
Whatever his moves maybe, whichever player he decides to keep out of those who we wanted out I say we give 100% support to Mancio! I was very vocal in saying "Mendieta vattene" but if Mancini thinks he can make him a champion, he obvoiously sees something we don't. Why do I think this way? It's not because of Mancini as a player nor because of the fact he is a Lazio legend. No, cold hearted facts are behind my faith in him. Remeber last summer, when he came to Lazio to take some players to Fiorentina? He wanted S.Inzaghi and Stankovic. And all of us said:"Yeah, they should go, they have no future in Lazio" Well, those two have been rare positive notes in this crappy(mildly put) season!

Mancio knows, people!
great post , that's exactly what I think:cool:

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Lightoller said:
I say we give 100% support to Mancio!
Yes! YES! That is paramount. Let's not get jumpy even if we have a poor start to the next season.........remember, we have much to rebuild..........:)

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I'd really like to say the same thing: supporting Mancio.. as a player I am, I was... but he hasn't got anything, except sending Fio to Serie B ...

He should not make so many change, what has been listed are too much ... there'll be so many new players in the team for 2002-03 .. IMO that's not good... keep the current atmosphere, sack players with no motivation, take back some old players, eg: fuser...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Nesta confirms Mancini is new Coach Tuesday 7 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Nesta has confirmed that Roberto Mancini will be the next Lazio Coach and comments on his own future.

“Mancini knows this club well and therefore knows what to do,” revealed the defender after a charity match.

There has been no official confirmation that Sven Goran Eriksson’s former assistant manager will take over from Alberto Zaccheroni, although there are suggestions that Thursday will see the situation resolved.

Reminded of this fact, Nesta quickly backpeddled over his previous statement. “Of course, Zaccheroni also knows Lazio well.”

“Basically,” he added, “there will be no problems as whoever sits on the bench will be a step forward. In any case I don’t know what will happen as I am only responding to what I’ve read in the press.”

The Italian international seemed particularly nervous during this interview and was even less certain of his own future.

“I have already spoken with the club, and we’ll wait and see. I want to sit back and keep a careful eye on what happens with Lazio’s plans and the players who will join this summer.”

“Basically,” added Nesta, “we’ll see as I am totally concentrated on the World Cup for the moment.”

The tension at the Biancocelesti is high as on Sunday their own fans chose to openly cheer on Inter in the Stadio Olimpico. That attitude almost pushed Lazio on to their 4-2 win.

“Everyone is free to do what they feel is right,” said the captain, “even if I was upset at our fans’ behaviour.”

“As for the Scudetto, I am sorry that Inter lost it as I have many friends in that team such as Francesco Toldo, Christian Vieri and Marco Materazzi. But this is football.”

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Zac chop edges nearer Tuesday 7 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Zaccheroni’s Lazio career is coming to an end after he held talks with President Sergio Cragnotti last night.

The under-fire boss spent 45 minutes at Cragnotti’s home on Monday night but failed to confirm his departure by simply stating to journalists outside: "I’m waiting for a decision by the club."

Zac has been the target of heavy abuse from home fans after he failed to get the side to gel once he took over from the sacked Dino Zoff in Week 4 of the season.

After a brief successful run of results, the capital outfit were hit by injuries and a lack of form which saw them float around mid-table for large periods of the season.

But despite getting the side in the UEFA Cup with a last day win against Inter, the 5-1 drubbing by Roma in the derby seemed to be the final nail in the coffin for Zac.

The club board are set to meet on May 9, where they are expected to confirm that former player Roberto Mancini will take the reigns.

That could in turn signal Zaccheroni’s return to Udinese who have struggled again this season under Giampiero Ventura.

channel4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all!!
I think Mancini is better then Zack, and he is from Svens school so he can help Lazio if Crag will not destroy staff as usual:devil:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
zac has proven that he hasclass inserie a, mancini... hasn't... bu i'm fully support him for the next season...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mancini wants Crespo cash to rebuild Lazio

Friday 10th May 2002

Lazio coach Roberto Mancini has revealed he hopes to get his hands on the £40 million proceeds if Hernan Crespo is sold this summer, despite talk of cutbacks at the club.

"If Sergio Cragnotti says Crespo is leaving, I'm sure he will be replaced by another great forward," he said. "I don't think the president is considering reducing our ambitions. He is a winner and I'm sure he will build a top team."

Cragnotti had already agreed to sell Gaizka Mendieta, Diego Simeone and Claudio Lopez to Atletico Madrid for a combined fee of £37 million ahead of the appointment of Mancini on Thursday.

And the Lazio supremo then added Crespo's name to the transfer-list when he attacked the Argentine's attitude during a disappointing campaign.

Lazio are in great financial difficulty after failing to qualify for the Champions' League, but Mancini is convinced highly-rated captain Alessandro Nesta will not be among those to leave.

"I'm sure Nesta will start next season in our squad," he said, as more than 3,000 Lazio fans turned out at Formello to greet the new coach on Friday.

"I feel I am with the right team," he declared. "I'm deeply moved because being here is like going back in time to those four wonderful years I had here as a player, four years full of wins.

"I'm pleased to see our fans are as happy as I am and I hope not to disappoint them."

Mancini, who was brought to Lazio from Sampdoria by Sven-Goran Eriksson, hoped to take over from the Swede when he left for the England job.

But Cragnotti chose the experience of Dino Zoff and Mancini left for a troubled spell in charge of Fiorentina.

"At the time I wasn't the right coach," said the former Italy forward. "But the experience I had in Florence was crucial and today I feel I can take on more responsibilities."

Mancini's staff will include Fernando Orsi, the former Lazio goalkeeper, as his assistant, Luciano Spinosi as technical consultant and Ivan Carminati as physical trainer.

·
International
6,519 Posts
OskarLopez said:
sorry but i hadnt seen Zack class. he lost 2 derbies!!! 5-1!!!
Good argument !!! :star:

Well, I don't know. Lazindo01, Fuser coming back ??? That traitor ? No thank you. If only we could get Conceicao and Salas back, that would be ideal... But let's not dream... Sorin is ours, and we'll probably get Oddo. Our back line is good, our midfield is good, and if we get Veron, it'll be superB. We have Inzaghi, Lopez and Crespo who will probably leeave us, so we need another striker. Why don't we try Di Vaio or Filippo Maniero ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
what about Fernando Cavenaghi ? dAlessandro Docourt? I heard that Juve signed Dacourt and Alessandro!
Inzaghi, Lopez, Di Vaio, Chiesa and Cavenaghi are good enough i tink if we have Veron and Alessandro also!
But i will like to keep Fiore and Castroman, they are cool!
What is new from Lopez transfer, he wants to stay as i heard

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mancini wants Crespo cash to rebuild Lazio

Lazio coach Roberto Mancini has revealed he hopes to get his hands on the £40 million proceeds if Hernan Crespo is sold this summer, despite talk of cutbacks at the club.

"If Sergio Cragnotti says Crespo is leaving, I'm sure he will be replaced by another great forward," he said. "I don't think the president is considering reducing our ambitions. He is a winner and I'm sure he will build a top team."

Cragnotti had already agreed to sell Gaizka Mendieta, Diego Simeone and Claudio Lopez to Atletico Madrid for a combined fee of £37 million ahead of the appointment of Mancini on Thursday.

And the Lazio supremo then added Crespo's name to the transfer-list when he attacked the Argentine's attitude during a disappointing campaign.

Lazio are in great financial difficulty after failing to qualify for the Champions' League, but Mancini is convinced highly-rated captain Alessandro Nesta will not be among those to leave.

"I'm sure Nesta will start next season in our squad," he said, as more than 3,000 Lazio fans turned out at Formello to greet the new coach on Friday.

"I feel I am with the right team," he declared. "I'm deeply moved because being here is like going back in time to those four wonderful years I had here as a player, four years full of wins.

"I'm pleased to see our fans are as happy as I am and I hope not to disappoint them."

Mancini, who was brought to Lazio from Sampdoria by Sven-Goran Eriksson, hoped to take over from the Swede when he left for the England job.

But Cragnotti chose the experience of Dino Zoff and Mancini left for a troubled spell in charge of Fiorentina.

"At the time I wasn't the right coach," said the former Italy forward. "But the experience I had in Florence was crucial and today I feel I can take on more responsibilities."

Mancini's staff will include Fernando Orsi, the former Lazio goalkeeper, as his assistant, Luciano Spinosi as technical consultant and Ivan Carminati as physical trainer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Real To Use Solari As Bait In Crespo Deal

Ever closer to the Bernabeu (AP)

05/12/2002. Real Madrid are said to be preparing a huge 45 million euro bid for Lazio's Hernan Crespo- and they're willing to through Santiago Solari into the deal.

The Merengues have repeatedly been linked with Crespo over the past few months and now it looks like a deal may be coming into fruition and the player would reportedly move on a 5-year contract.

"If I leave Lazio I will go play outside of Italy," said Crespo through his agent Gustavo Mascardi yesterday.

In the event of Lazio not wanting his fellow countryman Solari, Real are willing to offer Savio instead. The Brazilian has had a troubled season at the Bernabeu and would welcome a move away.

Real are determined to sign a new front player, and would appear to have lost patience with Fernando Morientes who has failed to convince in front of goal lately and has spoken of his unhappiness at the club.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Lazio chasing Ipswich keeper Sereni

New Lazio manager Roberto Mancini is interested in Ipswich Town goalkeeper Matteo Sereni.
The 27 year-old has admitted this season he'd like to return to Italy and is a former teammate of Mancini's when the two were at Sampdoria.

Mancini is hoping to boost his goalkeeping stocks over the summer and is confident of landing Sereni for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Matjaz said:

Good argument !!! :star:

Well, I don't know. Lazindo01, Fuser coming back ??? That traitor ? No thank you. If only we could get Conceicao and Salas back, that would be ideal... But let's not dream... Sorin is ours, and we'll probably get Oddo. Our back line is good, our midfield is good, and if we get Veron, it'll be superB. We have Inzaghi, Lopez and Crespo who will probably leeave us, so we need another striker. Why don't we try Di Vaio or Filippo Maniero ?

I heard rumour about Chiesa wanting to go to Lazio, he's good enought (IMO) to replace Crespo, if he really go somewhere, hopefully not another Serie A club ... maybe he has a bad season, but once he got his moment, he's the best darn ever !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
what was that with Stankovic? is Crag coing to increase his salary? i think Stankovic is good to lost him and 1.2million isnt much for him.
I hope they will not destroy defence(Stam and Nesta)
I think Di Vaio Chiesa Inzaghi can do more then Crespo Lopez, so as laziomania said Adriano could come to Lazio+Veron and scudetto is ours:)

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Well, Crag just announced that Laizo will use salary cap next season... he won't lick his own spittle... I think it's good just to strict the rule, starts with the best performer: Deki ....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts