Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma’s Amantino Mancini has finally convinced Carlos Alberto Parreira to pick him for Brazil.

The right-sided midfielder has had a wonderful season with the capital club and was keen to break into the national set-up.

Parreira has been monitoring him closely all season and he’s won his maiden call for the friendly against Hungary.

Mancini, who was signed from Venezia at the start of this season, will be joined by five other Italian based players.

Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida, Roque Junior (Siena), Marcos Cafu (Milan), Kaka (Milan) and Adriano (Inter) have also been picked for the April 28 clash.

However, Mancini’s teammate Emerson has not be named in the squad by the world champions.

C4

Its about time too, hes twice the player Cafu is, its about time he dislodged his ass from the side. I'm still shocked that Emerson isn't called anymore:eek:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lets see how he does for them, he fits into Roma very well but sometimes som players just play ell for certain teams, although I think he will play very well for Brazil.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
He really deserves it and I am happy for him. But on the other hand, the constant flights to South America for the WC qualifiers and back will tire him a lot and he may be forced to miss a few games, and we all know he has no alternative in the team.

·
Registered
57,752 Posts
Would be nice to see him and Cafu play together. ;)

Emerson not called up ? :eek:

·
Registered
57,752 Posts
Dribble&Trix said:
How has he been playing the last 3-4 games?
Haven´t done any assist or goals so how good has he been?
I've watched Roma V Chievo and he played well. He contributed to the second goal as he headed to Carew, who in turn headed towards goal and then Cassano scored in an empty net. Brazil play 4-4-2 right ? Cafu at Right back and Mancini as a winger. WOHA. :eek::dazed::star:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Brazil's coach is nuts! He dropped Emerson already in November in order to play Renato (who tf is that?:rolleyes: ) instead?
He should also drop Cafu and Roque Junior from the NT.

Btw, that's Brazil's usual line-up:

------------------------Dida-------------------------------
-------Cafu-------Lucio-------R.Junior-------R.Carlos-------
-----------------------Renato-----------------------------
--------------Gilberto---------Ze Roberto------------------
---------------------Ronaldinho----------------------------
-----------------Kaka-------Ronaldo-----------------------

No place for Amantino :stress:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
If Emerson leaves, we should buy Renato his ready made replacement of the NT, I think he may go for free also, I am not sure :cool:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
There's no need to "buy" Renato, his contract expires in the middle of the year (it had expired in january, but was extended until the end of the Libertadores) so he's leaving Santos for free. :greed: It's just a matter of offering a good contract and getting his signature on it. ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
What other teams are interested do you know?

If Emerson leaves he is a great replacemnt it seems.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Wrong Lucifuga, u need to xchange Gigis spot for Renatos.

Renato is no small deal, hes already a world class central mid, and potentially will be top 5 best CM's. I think that maybe Cafú will b able to play WC2006, hes a very fit guy, I really dont doubt he'll be fit for WC2k6. But hes been at NT for so long, it would be wiser to try Maurinho in his place. But both Cicinho and Mancini cant play as right backs, forget about it. Parreira already acknowledge that Mancini is not a right back, he said it b4, now I really wonder where he'll place him....

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Im watching out for this Renato when the new brasillian season starts

If he is better than Emerson then fair enough

But Emerson should be in the squad atleast!!!
Don't tell me you really belive Gilberto is better than him

1 - 20 of 23 Posts