Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
:happy: :rollani: :smileani: what would United be without Van the Man?!:rollani: :smileani: :happy:
And why the hell can´t that be an easy, normal win....(after a clear lead!) -without showing any arrogance and without letting us suffer!? :scream: :mad:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
grrrr, I don't know what would be worse - losing to a score like 7-0 or making such a great come-back to level then losing to a last min winner :mad:
I have to praise the team for their confidence - brilliant second half performance, man u were immence in the first half along with some of our poor defending. A great game for the neutral. So much for Saha & RVN not playing together eh Alex? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
grrrr, I don't know what would be worse - losing to a score like 7-0 or making such a great come-back to level then losing to a last min winner :mad:
I would prefer to lose 7-0.... Such result makes you less angry, depressed and frustrated then losing in the last minute. I m sorry for you! The win for United was lucky.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Our supporters get alot of stick for following United, and the phrase 'MUFC - The Religion' often gets mocked, but today proved there really is nothing like being a Manchester United supporter.

3-0 up at HT and even then you couldnt predict the final score, they got back to 3-3 and my head was hung so low I almost trampled on it, in the 88th minute I was close to tears of desperation, a minute later it was utter jubilation.

I know it should never have got to 3-3, the defence were all over the place, but I dont even have the energy to berate them at the moment.

Family members often, including today, walk in while I'm sat on the edge of the seat watching or listening to the game, then afterwards ask me "Why do you put yourself through it, every Saturday - you're always the same" - A question not even worthy of an answer.

Im sure this club will put me in an early grave, but who cares.

Brilliant first half. Best we've played in years. Then Everton came out and played an absoloute blinder. Ronaldo coming on was the difference maker. He was brilliant for us, so composed.

Hard luck _Eight_Ball_ , Everton were brilliant second half. And if you play like that you'll have no worries at all about relegation. Great performance.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
SuicideDD said:

3-0 up at HT and even then you couldnt predict the final score, they got back to 3-3 and my head was hung so low I almost trampled on it, in the 88th minute I was close to tears of desperation, a minute later it was utter jubilation.
what changed after the 3-0-lead? Was it pure arrogance? Lack of concentration? Did they take it too easy then?
Look at Spurs on Wednesday! 3-0 up and then lost 4-3. I am very happy it went not the same for United.
Okay, I was angry in that moment, but I also had to think about last week.... Game´s never over until final-whistle. Or after added time. ;) :rollani: Its typical for United to come back when needed.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
We had a fantastic first half, Everton were simply awful. The score could have been 6-0 and it would not have flattered us. Most players had a good game and the partnership between Saha and Ruud seems to be working very well.

I'll give a more in depth analysis after i have seen the game again later tonight.

Saha has 3 goals in 2 starts for United :)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
what changed after the 3-0-lead? Was it pure arrogance? Lack of concentration? Did they take it too easy then?
Look at Spurs on Wednesday! 3-0 up and then lost 4-3. I am very happy it went not the same for United.
Okay, I was angry in that moment, but I also had to think about last week.... Game´s never over until final-whistle. Or after added time. ;) :rollani: Its typical for United to come back when needed.
I'd say it was down to an excellent second half display by Everton but bear in mind both sides fluffed chances. Why was Rooney on the bench? he seemed to improve Everton when he came on.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
United players facing FA probe

Everton have confirmed they will be investigating claims that Manchester United players verbally abused the home supporters immediately after Ruud van Nistelrooy's last-minute winner at Goodison Park.

Van Nistelrooy settled a highly-charged contest that had seen the Toffeemen peg back United's three-goal half-time lead.

It is then alleged that Roy Keane, Gary Neville and Cristiano Ronaldo made offensive gestures and swore at sections of the home support as they celebrated the amazing win.

Scores of disgusted fans stayed on after the final whistle to file statements to the police and the incident seems certain to attract the attention of the Football Association.

"Everton fans have complained to the club about the behaviour of the United players as they celebrated the winner and the police are aware of this," confirmed Everton spokesman Ian Ross.

In a separate incident, an Everton supporter attempted to attack Ronaldo after he was brought down close to the far touchline shortly before he set up the visitors winner. Quick-thinking stewards intervened before the fan could get on to the pitch.

P.S: I haven't seen the game yet. I will post my views when i have seen it.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
in bbc it said that they are giving the goal against southampton to him and not as an og...

In the 1st half we were superb. This was the first time in ages when we played just pure attacking football, and thank god the Rvn Saha partnership is working so far...which means we have gone back to a 442. The great thing about this is that P Neville is out, while scholesy will take that central midfield role, which will make us much more attacking.
About the 2nd half, we were crap, yet again in defence, especially in set pieces. Fergie has to do something about the defence as we are letting leads slip very often nowdays. Even when team are totally out of the game, we give them a goal which then puts us in trouble, still credit to everton for coming back superbly in the 2nd half.....Today Ronaldo saved our a$$ with that superb cross for ruud....hopefully he will try to do the more simple things more often rather than just stepovers, and improve his all round play

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
Moyes' subs seemed to change the game, having two forwards playing up with Ferguson meant a better chance with knock-on headers. I think man u are really having problems defending headers; not Silvestre's or Brown's strong points. Great cross by Ronaldo, would cause major problems for any side, more of that and less of the step-overs and he may one day merit his transfer fee.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Russell said:
I'd say it was down to an excellent second half display by Everton but bear in mind both sides fluffed chances. Why was Rooney on the bench? he seemed to improve Everton when he came on.
Rooney just can't seem to get into the flow of the game when he starts, although last week he was played out of position against Liverpool. Rooney seems to have to have more determination comming on as a sub.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
First of all, great post suicideDD.

Second of all, what a brilliant game.......for man fans and neutrals.

We started brilliantly........both Ruud and Saha should have had a hat trick each, before half time!!

I've said this so many times before.........united need to sort themselves out in the 2nd half man.........Its been so many times this season where we been up at half time, usually having smashed the opponents to bits in the first half and then we fcuk up the second half, let the other team back in the game and end up with a very nailbiting last 20 minutes.

Take no credit away from Everton, they were brilliant in the second half and it just proves how much we are missing Rio. Sometimes i wish we bought a defender in during the window. (Doesn't help when u hear van byten signs for man city on loan). Brown has been shaky all season, athough wasn't that bad today.........u can read all my views on our defence in the "Defence" thread. 5 goals conceded in 2 games is pretty bad.

Nice to see saha and ruud working well together. 4-4-2 works for man utd, and gives room for schloes to do what he does best. thats 3 goals in 2 games for both Saha and Ruud....and it could have been more, so no real problems with the defence. Ronaldo came on and was brilliant. Nice to see all those Ronaldo critics out there eating their words................and he is nowhere near his best. He is still 18 and has a lot to learn, I believe he will end up one of the best buys of the century.

1 more thing: 101 goals, 131 games..............Ruuuuuuuuud Rocks!!!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i watched the first 20 or so minutes, only seeing Saha's goal and abit more after that. I then turned off the TV as Everton were making united look like they were training. I have never seen so much space given to midfielders such as scholes, keane, giggs...scholes was by himself on the edge of the box just waiting for fletcher to pass it to him about 5 times in opening minutes...i saw the scoreline this morning and was pissed off that i didnt watch all of it.

anyway, good win in the end, even though united should not have been in that situation being 3 goals up.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
If I was a United fan, I'd be worried. You were 0-3 up against a team who should be relegated, and then give away three goals carelessly. Champions League winners eh? I doubt it for this season.

On the positive side, Christiano Ronaldo- always was going to develop in to a class act, he'll get better and better. Just watch

Scholes was magificent.

Another 3 points.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Firenze said:
If I was a United fan, I'd be worried. You were 0-3 up against a team who should be relegated, and then give away three goals carelessly. Champions League winners eh? I doubt it for this season.
Why worried? Because almost throwing away a 3-0-lead? That has nothing to do with weakness, thats pure arrogance!!!!!
I agree with you that United will not win the CL this year. With that poor defence thats nearly impossible if you ask me. And the offense is also not good enough to do the big thing. If we wouldnt have Ruuuuuuud, we would be some more points behind Arsenal.
But I believe this years team is good enough to win the league title again.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I was extremely impressed with the way the team performed in the first half, with the second Saha goal in particular epitimising the ability and potential the current team holds, but the second half performance was attrocious. This is when you'd be expecting us to rack up 5/6 goals, but instead we conceded three. Much of this can be attributed to the return of Wes Brown.
I am a firm believer in his ability, but he's no Rio Ferdinand. The defence's drop in standard is relative to his return, starting in the Wolves game. I do appreciate that he still isn't match fit and that he needs to play the likes of Everton in order to get him back to match fitness in preparation for the big European and league games, but his return and Rio's absence has been a crucial factor is the poor defensive displays recently. I can't wait til Rio returns next season and feel that this drop in standard since he left can silence any critics who say he isn't worth £30 million.
Nonetheless, we were good enough and showed enough determination to get the winner. How many times have Man Utd won a game with virtually the last kick of the game, and this is a sign of a truely world class side, but it's not going to be as easy against Arsenal, Chelsea, AC Milan and Real Madrid, so we had better pull our socks up before it's too late.
The final pointI'd like to make is the disgraceful behavious Gary Neville, Keane and young Ronaldo exhbited during the post goal celebrations for Ruud's winner; several Everton remained after the game to give police statement regarding the abusive behaviour of these players against the oppostion fans. While I and many other Utd fans appreciate their effort and hard work on the pitch, this sort of behaviour is neither to be tolerated or condoned and they deserve wahtever fine the FA decides to issue.

D

·
0 Posts
Easily the most inept display I've ever seen from a United defense under Fergie, absolutely awful. RVN and Saha looked good together, Saha's pace is a big addition for you(although you are playing the long ball more often now).

Great cross from Ronaldo to RVN, almost as good as LeTallec's ball to Gerrard.

Interesting how Le Tallec broke out the white boots in pre-season, next thing Ronaldo is wearing them, then Le Tallec gets corn-rows, next thing Ronaldo has the same, THEN le tallec provides a gem of a ball to create a crucial goal for a team-mate, and then Ronnie does the same.

Seems like Le Tallec is one step of Ronnie, hopefully he'll get his first championship medal before him too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts