Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the squads focus shifted from the FA Cup Final straight after the on-pitch celebrations, so must we!

We will have plenty of time to celebrate the FA Cup win later!

Now, we have probably our biggest ever EPL match, and apart from the long-term problems like Gio and Rob, we have a fully-fit squad.

Can we extend our record winning run to 12 games? Can we extend our record of scoring in our last 37 EPL games? Can we extend our unbeaten run to , and win the Championship in the process?

So many questions, only one answer surely?

I think we will see the same team as the one which overpowered Chelsea on Saturday, Parlour has justified his place ahead of Edu for this game, and Tone has not reported any ill-effects after the game.

----------------Seaman-------------------

Lauren----Adams----Campbell---Cole

Wiltord--Vieira---Parlour---Ljungberg

-----------Bergkamp---Henry------------

I hope, 1-0 to the Arsenal, with Bergkamp scoring. That would finally lay the ghost of that penalty in 1999....

·
Registered
66 Posts
i've got every confidence that we'll win the league at the theatre of prawns.
we'll probably play your 11,gareth, maybe keown for adams?
anyway van nistelrooy has proved that he cant score against good defences, and we're bound to score at least one:)
1-0 to the arsenal i say.

also - could somebody please tell me why the hell chelsea were fannying around on an open top bus today?:rolleyes:
they havent won anything, and havent qualified for the champions league! there was more police there than fans:D

·
Registered
886 Posts
I`ve sent a privat messagges to a few of the London lads on this forum, But haven`t got any answears yet (maybe you haven`t seen it yet).
Anyway I will be in London on wedsday and I`asked you about a good pub in Islington where me and my friends can watch the game. We will arrive to our bed & Breakfast place in North Harrow just in time for the game and maybe we will have to watch the game in some local pub there, But if we arrive a little bit earlier than expekted I would prefer to watch the game in Islington.
I also asked you about if someone would like to meet up for a little chat before the game on saturday.
LET`S WIN THE LEAGUE AT THE OLD TRAFFORD, TO SEE SAD ALEX FACE WOULD BE PRICELESS !

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forget Islington Jacke, just go to 'The Gunners' on Blackstock Road.

If you dont know where that is, well basically its about a 1 minute walk from Highbury.

Everyone will be gathering around there if we get the point we need anyway. That way you can be part of the celebrations right at their heart!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This is the BIG one. If we don't lose we are the champions. Imagine winning the league at Old Trafford, that would be awesome.
I think we will WIN, not lose or draw but WIN.
We are on a major high at the moment and we are unbeaten away this season, I just can't see Arsenal losing at the moment.
Whereas Man U are on a major low, they got knocked out of the ECL, and they are on the verge of winning nothing. Also there seems to be major busts up with the players, Notably Keane and Veron, and Veron is supposedly set to quit the club and he has flown to Rome and may not come back to play In the match (So the papers say.)

Lineup;

---------------Seaman
---Lauren--Keown--Sol--Cole
Wiltord--Parlour--Vieira--Freddie
----------Dennis--Henry

I predit a 2-1 win
Freddie AGAIN!! :star:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi fellow gooners, Its my birthday on wednesday and winning the crown at old trafford on wednesday would make it so much sweeter. I keep on seeing highlights of ray and freddie's goals and get better everytime i see them. I agree it will be 0-1 to the arsenal and freddie will keep his awsome form going, or a barthez blooper.:howler:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Freddie has done everything Overmars did for us 97/98 so far so I expekt him to either score one goal (like Overmars did at Old Trafford 97/98) or score two goals (Like Overmars did in the game who won us the league against Everton)

Thanks for the advice Gareth(I tought the area around Highbury was Islington). Do you think we will be able to come in and get a decent veiw of the TV even if we would come about 10 minutes before the game ?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I think we are all agreed on what the team will be, there is really no argument about that..... Before the Bayer games, I figured we'd have a tough game against ManU, but after them I realised how crappy their defense really is, and our attack will literally rip them to shreds. Bergkamp and Ljungberg will just take them to school, and I really doubt they'll be able to do much about Henry either. Ruud is off form at the moment it seems, and our defense is on form ;) I wonder if Veron will even play? I think he came to ManU expecting a free ride to a championship, only to find that there are better teams out there ;) Anyway, I'm really kind of hopeful here, but lets have a 3-0 win for us, goals from Ljungberg, Bergkamp and the clincher from Big Tone :)

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
I'm hoping for a thriller, but Arsenal will take all 3 points and secure the title! Yep I can already see the sad faces on those Man United fans as they head home for Torquay, Yeovil or wherever they came from :D

And Arsenal vs Everton will be truly a final day party, the celebration to end all celebrations! :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
mmmm....

just some points of interest:

If united dont win this, then i am saying that they dont have any pride, because after getting beat in europe midweek, they come up agianst arsenal, the only side that has challenged them in england consistently over the past 5 season. IF we cant win at home this game, then we just dont deserve to be top!!

Ljungberg: how good is he?? better than overmars? i think not, but a very handy play, can he be the difference maker.... again!

Arsenals XI vs Man U's XI. which is stronger, our attack is better but so is your defence, it will come down to this midfield, EW could finally see the Keano vs Vieria contest that could show us onec and for all who is better.

RvN: someone said he cant score against good defences?? he was the leading goal scorer through the champions league, and he has scored goals against all the top teams united have played. Saying this doesnt mean he will score this game because its all about chances and the midfielders supplying the balls to you.

Best of luck lads, it could well be another season of destiny for you. You really should be looking to only get better, and use this game especially as a catalyst for a reign over england in the next 5 seasons.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Arsenals XI vs. ManU's XI? With Pires in there I'd definitely say us, but I still think we'd do better. The Freddie-Dennis partnership grants us AT LEAST one goal a game, and I think Henry is a better striker than van nistelrooij, although not a better finisher. The defense is no contest ;)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beechy said:

Arsenals XI vs Man U's XI. which is stronger, our attack is better but so is your defence, it will come down to this midfield, EW could finally see the Keano vs Vieria contest that could show us onec and for all who is better.

Disagree. RvN is excellent, but thats it. Solskjaer is a quality finisher, but all top strikers at this level are. Henry has 30 goals this year, Wiltord 16, Ljungberg 16, Bergkamp 12 and even Pires got 12 as well. Our attack is the most dynamic, most creative, most stylish in the EPL, by a long shot. United in an attacking sense are a lot more direct than us, scoring a lot from crosses etc. This is no bad thing but if you ask the average fan which attack they would rather have at their team, 99% will say ours.

Ljungberg: how good is he?? better than overmars? i think not, but a very handy play, can he be the difference maker.... again!
Ljungberg is definitely better than Overmars. He is more of a team player, he offers more, his runs are infinitely more intelligent. Overmars had one run - straight down the flank. He usually then cut inside and had an attempt, he ocassionally scored. Overmars was the right player at the right time for us, he was an outlet for the players in our squad at that time who needed an easy option to release the ball. Remember, in 1998 the majority of our squad were still George Grahams players. There wasn't the vision that there is now, to pick out players, to spot those through balls.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i personally think a win here is great
BUT
if we do lose
which could happen
yes i know
it could:rolleyes:
i would still win at everton
:D

overmars vs freddie
freddie is better
not much better
but just better
but indeed overmars still is a great player
but also freddie has style:howler:

·
Registered
66 Posts
beechy - rvn this season has scored the bulk of his goals against the likes of southampton,derby and spurs;)
he fired blanks in the 2 games against liverpool,2 against leeds, at highbury earlier in the season.
in my opinion he's still got a lot to prove against real quality defenders.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The biggest difference between Freddie and Overmars is that Freddie plays with a heart and a winning spirit.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I really agree with Gareth and Wicked. Overmars is a legend because of his 97/98 seasone.He scored 16 goals that seasone and I think Freddie will score more than that this seasone (I think he has scored 15 now if I`m not wrong) and still Overmars best ability was to score goals, while Freddie is on the field just as much because of his defensvive work rate and ability to creating space for others as he is for scoring goals (ok maybe not just as much but anyway).

I`m from Sweden but that have nothing to do with why I say this.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
We're better all over the park - that's for sure.

No team can stop us at the moment - especially away from home, where we seem to be cruising to victory after victory, this season.

Our defence is better

Adams is back to his best, after a nightmare year with injuries. His Cup Final peformance proved that. Campbell has also settled in admirably in the last 6 months, and he should really be England's first choice centre half (yes, even ahead of Rio Ferdinand). We have the better defensive record.

Our midfield is better

Vieira is a better midfielder than any that Man Utd boast. Sure, some might say that Keane is the best in the world, but they're obviously wearing red or green tinted glasses. :cool: Ljungberg is currently one of the best players in the Premiership, and seeing how Man Utd don't like playing against him, I'll assume that he grabs a goal or two on Wednesday.

Our attack is better

Linked to the ability of Freddie, we seem to be getting goals from midfielders recently, and if you have a team where three midfielders get more than 10 goals each, you're on to a winner. Finally, to put this to bed, Henry is better than Van Nistelrooy, hands down.

Our goalkeeper is better

No arguments there.

Our manager are better

Who's going to win the Double? :)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
all i can say is go the ARSE!!!

Fergi's face will be a kodak moment!

and bergkamp....scores the winner.....history!

Lav

1 - 20 of 94 Posts