Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A win would secure top spot for sure and avoiding defeat means United equal Ajax and Bayern Munchen's 18 game unbeaten streak in the CL.

3-0 to United, Carlitos, Nani and Scholesy scoring on his full return to the side.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nani to start for sure. Wanna see Rooney and Tevez pair up.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'd like to see something like:

Foster

Neville
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Anderson
Fletcher
Scholes

Welbeck
Tevez
Nani

Good enough to win, with an eye on the weekend too.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Still a very strong team. Strong enough for a win against Aalborg. Btw: Maybe UEFA should think about a new format for CL. The way it´s played now is so boring: 2 stronger teams are mixed with 2 weaker teams. And all the favourites are through or as good as trough before that last match is played. I would play one more qualification round and 4 or 6 strong groups only.

·
Third Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,100 Posts
I'd like to see something like:

Foster

Neville
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Anderson
Fletcher
Scholes

Welbeck
Tevez
Nani

Good enough to win, with an eye on the weekend too.
Rooney's suspended for the Spurs game, so he might as well play tonight.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
We'll lost 4-0 and get relegated IMHO.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Official line up:

Kuszczak

Neville
Rio
Evans
O'Shea

Nani
Anderson
Gibson
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez

Bench:

Foster
Vidic
Rafael
Fletcher
Possebon
Scholes
Ji Sung Park

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Why the hell is Foster not in the starting X11?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why the hell is Foster not in the starting X11?
This question should have even more significance now after Kuzack put us in the shit for Aalborg's equaliser.

Neville is clearly past it too, and I don't really see why Ferguson persists with Gibson.

Some of the players playing tonight are 3rd and 4th choice if you ask me.

Stick Rafael and Possebon on.

We'll probably go on to win or draw at worst, but god how embarrassing would it be to bottle our chance to equal the great Ajax and Bayern sides unbeaten record in the CL to bloody Aalborg? At home? :eek:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and...John O'Shea.

God help us on Saturday at Spurs with this ****ing clown at left back. :(

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Just send Vida on as a striker and he'll get the job done :proud:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Anderson's really on fire at the moment. With Carrick and Fletcher is good form too, and Scholes majestical tonight, Fergie has some tough decisions to make.

A few downsides though; Kusczack was really dodgy tonight, Tevez fluffed a couple of real sitters and both O'Shea and Neville were shakey.

Oh well, through as winners anyway.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well we've just equalled Ajax and Bayern's unbeaten records in the CL, 18 games without defeat.

We could break it in the 1st leg of the last 16, which will be away to either Real Madrid, Inter, Sporting, Atletico or Lyon.

Horrible finishing tonight, i'll just say that I hope this means we win on Saturday, going 2 games without a win isn't something we do often.

·
NUMBER 18
1,703 Posts
very inconsistent game on our part... we started well, dissappeared during the course of the 1st half.. started brilliantly in the 2nd half and again dint take our chances.. scholes looked sharp.. anderson brilliant.. mixed game for tevez, good game for rooney..kuzack was pretty bad... Oshea was horrible ... i dont know how is he going to cope with spurs...do we have any other option other than fabio who seems injured..

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Thank fcuk I decided against an accy over the past two nights.

I have nothing more to add, except for thanks for reading.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts