Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenyon cleared to start work at Chelsea
Peter Kenyon has been cleared to take up his post as chief executive at Chelsea on February 1st - four months after leaving Manchester United.

Kenyon has officially been on 'gardening leave' from Old Trafford as the arguments over his release were clarified.

There had been a fear among the United camp that Kenyon could use his inside knowledge of the club to lure some of their stars to Stamford Bridge.

United have made sure he cannot start work at the London club until after the transfer window closes on Saturday night.

"Manchester United plc and Chelsea Village plc have reached a mutually satisfactory settlement regarding the resignation of Peter Kenyon," said a statement released on behalf of Kenyon this evening.

"He will join Chelsea Village plc as chief executive on February 1.

"Peter is pleased that the negotiations have been amicably concluded and greatly looks forward to the challenges that await him at Chelsea."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solskjaer set for reserves run-out

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to make his long-awaited return from knee surgery in a reserve-team outing against Aston Villa next week.

The 30-year-old Norwegian has not played for Manchester United since September and there were suggestions - denied by his club - he would miss the rest of the season.

But after being given a week off, Solskjaer has been back in full training for a fortnight and should turn out for the Reds' second string at Altrincham next Thursday.

"Ole is doing fine," boss Sir Alex Ferguson told the Manchester Evening News.

"But I don't want to build him up for playing again after so long out and then find the pitch is too hard or risk his return.

"He will get a game when we play Aston Villa at home. He will definitely be okay by then."
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top