Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manchester United could be set to swoop for Valencia central defender Roberto Ayala, according to the player's agent Gustavo Mascardi.
Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson is believed to have made an approach for the Argentinian, only to be rebuffed in no uncertain terms by Che chairman Jaime Orti.
The newly-crowned Spanish champions are keen to hold on to the 29-year-old for their Champions League challenge next season, but the player, who has one year left on his Mestalla contract, is involved in a pay dispute with Orti.

Ayala was allegedly promised a substantial pay hike but it has not materialised and the £4million recruit from AC Milan has refused to enter talks until after the World Cup.

The threat of losing a player they rate at £22million for nothing in a year's time may open the door for a renewed, and this time successful, approach from United, who are keen to recruit a replacement for Laurent Blanc.

Mascardi appeared to be holding the door ajar for Ferguson when he told Argentine radio: "Manchester United are looking for a quality central defender and I understand that Ayala is one of the candidates."

Ayala himself has admitted that he has an inkling Valencia maybe plotting to sell him to the highest bidder during the close season to boost funds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this sounds ecellent..!! Ayala and veron Wow
;) ;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ayala has been outstanding since moving to Valencia, one of the best in europe, Manchester United need good centebacks, and Ayala could fill the role ´perfectly...

·
Registered
164 Posts
After the way Veron was treated I hope no argentine plays in that league, we don't know if they will try to injure our players, I'm concerned.There are many teams he can go, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc

G

·
Man Utd. dont deserve Ayala, Veron, Van Nistelrooy or Silvestre...these players are to exciting to play for the worlds dullest team.

:star: MAN UTD. WORLDS DULLEST TEAM 2002 :star:

:star: DAVID BECKHAM, WORLD CHAMPION PRETTY BOY :star:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Mulgo said:
Man Utd. dont deserve Ayala, Veron, Van Nistelrooy or Silvestre...these players are to exciting to play for the worlds dullest team.

hmmm, whats the most incredible thing said in this entire thread.
That United are dull (how can the most attacking team in Europe be deemed dull?) or that somebody fears for the safety of Argentinian players in England (Duscher anyone). Personally, I'd prefer Hofland.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Mulgo said:

are you serious?:confused: manutd are anything but dull. their defensive frailties are a result of their attacking enthusiastic and their longstanding tradition of playing attractive football. you msut be confusing us with liverpool or something

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Easy Beefy, you forget how United used to play;) You know pre-1992;):D

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
you're not denying that liverpool's current style isn't dull then andy?;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, I have heard all of the rumors with Ayala as early as last year. I think he will be with a different squad next year and ManU could really use a great stopper like him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts