Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Indipendent, Manchester: bid for Thuram
According to English daily the Indipendent,
Manchester United would have offered Parma some
11 million pounds for World Champion Lillian
Thuram. The frenchman is not a secondary goal
since Tottenham's refusal to sell Campbell.

Whoah! The most stupid rumour yet. Parma could perhaps consider it if they bid 22 million pounds. But even if that was the case I'm sure Lilian wants to stay in Italy.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
11 million pounds are a ridiculusc price for Lilian.If they double this MAYBE there is a chance for them.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
oh yeah thuram has signed a new 5 year deal a couple of months ago and ferguson know he want leave.
anyway dop you really think thuram wanna play in such a bad club when he's the god of the parma defence and loves the club.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
man united are known for their rediculous bids...they offered 15million pounds for aimar, even knowing that other clubs were ready to offer at least twice as much. they also bid for kily gonzalez in the amound of 6million pounds...those prices are just unacceptable......however, i did read ferguson in an interview saying that he wants thuram and veron on his team but they will probably not be sold.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
22 million POUNDS for Thuram!!!???

He is really good but common, the guy is just a dereender. That is a rididcilous price.

P

·
0 Posts
If Man. Utd can pay more than 22 million, that would be a great deal. We could then use that money to buy two more young talented defenders.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thuram just a defender?!? What planet are you living on? He is as important to Parma as Crespo is so why should he be any cheaper. Isn't it just as valuable to avoid a goal against as it is scoring one?

Lilian is the best defender in the world. Remember that! Besides, he is always dangerous whenever he goes on one of his forward runs too.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Thuram is not just a defender.He is THE defender.He is the more complete footballer along with Figo right now.If I was his coach I would no doubt use him at many positions apart from the defence.He can pass,control the ball and has a mean shot when he tries his foot.

The 22 million price Carlito was meant to mean "he is not for sale" but if I would value him,I would value him more than that.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would in fact love to see Thuram as right defender/midfielder. If we are supposed to use the 3-5-2 system we need wide players capable of defending. Thuram would be perfect. He's got pace, ball control, vision and understanding of the game, great passes and of course one of the best at defending. I think we only use half of his capacity as central defender.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Is Man.Utd is crazy? :(
And Thuram for 11 million pounds :(
What a joke? :)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Of cours we must sell him also sell
cannovaro to milan
buffon to lazio
Crespo to lazio or juventus

Ofcource not if we start to sell our best players we can better go back to serie B.
Look at Atlético M. they had great players 2 years ago and what have they now only a mere shadow of what they had!
Now all players of AM are leaving

1 - 11 of 11 Posts