Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maximum happines in as short a time as possible.

Would you rather live the life of a certain snail at the bottom of the sea or that of Frank Sinatra.

The snail will would live forever and Frank for as long as he lived.

Frank experienced huge amounts of happiness in what must be described as a fantastic life.

The snail will experience happiness .... very small amounts of happiness every day but since he lives forever the total amount of happiness will experience will surpass that of Frank.

Man will always chose to live like Frank and experience as much happiness in as short a time as possible instead of very small amounts of happiness in as long time as possible.

What does this have to do with football? Well not much if you are a normal football fan but if you are a visitor here you are probably not a normal football fan.

Lazio and Parma fans are in a similar position today. Our clubs have gone from greatness to suckness in what must seem like lightspeed. I remember when we had Crespo - Nesta - Veron - Nedved - Poborsky - Lopez in the same lineup and you have had similar lineups.

Today I´m really happy to have Liverani as playmaker.

We constantly bring up club presidents and their wrong doing and that´s why I had to bring up a certain fact about man put together but some philosofer ... can´t remeber who it was.

I don´t think this applies as much to Lazio fans as it does to Parma fans since we have been in Serie A and won Lo Scudetto 20 years ago and again 15 years later (not on the day). But Parma was a club no one had heard of until Tanzis took control.

So would you Parma fans exchange all the happiness club has given you, all those feelings of real joy for the feelings of sadness that you are now feeling? You won´t remember the bad times in a couple of years but the joy of a record breaking Uefa Cup final and the fact that you where once considered among the top clubs in europe (there where many really strong clubs when you where strong) will stick forever.

What I want to say is that it´s best to be happy for the joy the club brought and not dwell over the current state - it won´t do any good.

About all the crazy transfers - you can be 100% certain that if Adriano, Fillipinis etc could have been kept they would have. Sure Parma had a real shot at the CL with no other engagements but Serie A and a really solid squad. But I don´t think that people outside of soccer looks at things the same way we do. Adriano could have gotten his knee smashed or broken his leg in a way that would have made his recovery doubtful/very long and thus pushing his value down - it´s unlikely but it´s possible. The Filipinis, maybe there was some deal between Brescia and Parma that we do no know of .. this sort of thinking can be applied all over the place and creditors want their money nothing else.

Let´s see what the future holds for both our teams, maybe it is Serie B maybe less but does it really matter? I promise that if Parma/Lazio goes to Serie B then I will first be shocked but then I will feel joy when we start winning in Serie B and start the climb. It will be a different sort of climb and it will be sad not to see us fight for Lo Scudetto/euro honors but it will be my club.

·
Registered
460 Posts
svennis said:
Let´s see what the future holds for both our teams, maybe it is Serie B maybe less but does it really matter? I promise that if Parma/Lazio goes to Serie B then I will first be shocked but then I will feel joy when we start winning in Serie B and start the climb. It will be a different sort of climb and it will be sad not to see us fight for Lo Scudetto/euro honors but it will be my club.
oh...... svennis, what can we do without you ?

Thanx for being yourself ! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts