Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V

The Big one is here.

So, can we repeat last years performance? Or can we at least scrap a win here and dent their title hopes, or will we crash further down and make it even harder to reach that 4th spot?

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Would love to see last Monday's line up, but we just know there's no chance it's gonna happen :(. Even worst, Howard Webb's the ref :sigh:.

Wish Aurelio was fit, as Insua v Valencia's gonna be scary to watch. Don't think we're gonna win, despite our last two wins cos our away record is awful. We'll probably play for a draw, and end up losing (like Arsenal away). Anyone else feel we're gonna have a sending off? after the Gerrard thing, and with Torres's recent whinging i wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two sent off.

The line up i think Rafa will start:-

Reina
Johnson Carragher Agger Insua
Masch Lucas
Kuyt Gerrard Maxi
Torres​

Hate this line up. Too many water carriers.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
:hopeful:

i would like we keep the same formation of last game in epl.

also i like this one too.
The line up i think Rafa will start:-

Reina
Johnson Carragher Agger Insua
Masch Lucas
Kuyt Gerrard Maxi
Torres

all the best..

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
rooting for liverpool in this one, i hope babel plays instead of maxi in the above line up.worried about how insua will cope with valencia's pace.

hope torres has another field day with vidic. if you play with the same sort of intensity as earlier in the season a win is definitely possible.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
I'd like to see Aquaman instead of Maxi, put two up front, and Aqua and Gerrard in front of Masche and Lucas. Although there's only a .001% chance Rafa would do that.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Must win, if we want to finish top 4 I don't think we can afford to lose another game all season and even then their's a good chance we'll miss out. :sigh:

I agree with ryfa about the team Rafa will pick but I'd go for the same team that beat Portsmouth. Throw Aquilani in at the deep end, he showed what he can do against Pompey, now it's time to put some trust in him, I know it was only Pompey but we looked a different side with him in there spreading the play, clever passing and bursts forward.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Nice to see you back!

This place has resembled a ghost town for the past couple of weeks, even I haven't had the time to visit that often...

In any case, I'd like to see an attacking line-up.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I'll be cheering on the reds tomorrow! I watched the Anfield game when 'pool beat United this season, so same again please.

COME ON YOU LOVELY RAFA'S BOYS FROM LIVERPOOL!!!!!

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Damn! i hate the idea of helping Arsenal out, especially after they developed a spine against us last season but then lost it against Utd when we needed Arsenal to take points off them.

Oh well even if we win, Chelski will still win the title :hopeful:.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
^ 1/2North london =/= England.
It most definitely isn't, believe me :howler:
I know, I was just quoting Vidic15 - I remember he posted "whole england is behind you" every game Arsenal played at opponents forum. I always laughed :D.

Ok, on topic - Whole world is behind you, unleash Torres please.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Damn! i hate the idea of helping Arsenal out, especially after they developed a spine against us last season but then lost it against Utd when we needed Arsenal to take points off them.
Do you mean 'last season' as in last season, 2008/09?

Arsenal beat United at Emirates and drew away, so that's 4 points from 6. I apologize that they couldn't emulate Liverpool's Torres inspired heroics at Old Trafford, but still, 4 out of 6 ain't too shabby.

Looking at it from the other perspective, Manchester United only gained 1 out of 6, from matches against Arsenal.

You may have confused the league results with European results... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Liverpool
25 Reina
02 Johnson
05 Agger
22 Insua
23 Carragher
08 Gerrard
17 Maxi