• Solsjkaer

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Cole (gone but not forgotten)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
During an inconsistent season there was only a single consistent performer and that was:star:RUUD van NISTELROOY:star:

Considering that this was his first full season back from a serious knee injury,I wasn't expecting much from him but the lad has surpassed all our expectations.:proud:

36 goals in his first season in a new team speaks for itself.Top scorer in the Champs League with 9 goals(could have created history if he scored one more) and ended up with 23 goals in the PremierLeague though he was fighting fatigue during the last few games.

He has installed his name in the nited folklore with those couple of goals against Villa in the FA Cup and I hope that he goes on to become a Legend of this club.

Keep Going RUUD!!!!!We are all proud of you.:):proud::proud:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I voted for Roy Keane. It was a very tough decision between Ruud and Keane, but I finally decided on Keane because I wasnt too impressed by Ruud's performance towards the end of the season whereas Keane was playing excellently well. However, I agree with the fact that Ruud has surpassed all our expectations. He did tremendously well. He has become one of my all time favortie soccer heroes by playing for only one season for united.....go Ruud!!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
My vote went to RVN too.

Simply, the guy came back from a terrible injury, into a new league (tougher then the Dutch one), a new team, and did his job very well.

Yes, many strikers could do well playing in the united team, but still, he deserves to be credited for doing his job to its fullest. He scored alot, he scored constantly....and thats what he came to do.

A great catch by you guys!

K-2,

What "history" are you talking about? (If RVN got 10 in the CL? )

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
i went for becks and solskjaer would be my second place. although RVN has scored tons of goals this season he wasn't the best player. becks has been amazing since his return and has had his best season so far, capped by being made england captain. should've won world player of the year, had it not been for a corrupt system.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:

K-2,

What "history" are you talking about? (If RVN got 10 in the CL? )
Vamps,Ruud would have scored the most number of goals in a single campaign if he got 10 goals.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you talking about the United record? The all time record in the Euro cup is 14 with Altafini, and over all in Europe, Klinsmann with 15 in the Uefa Cup.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
are you talking about the United record? The all time record in the Euro cup is 14 with Altafini, and over all in Europe, Klinsmann with 15 in the Uefa Cup.
Hmm could be.

Cause I heard the commentator saying that he'd set the record of scoring most goals in a single campaign if ruud managed to get 10.

Perhaps he was talking about United's record.

·
Registered
178 Posts
RVN, when he went on that goal scoring streak, like 5 games with a goal, he was winning the games for Manu, without those games Manu might not ( but unlikely) have place in the top 4 then they wouldn't be in the champs league next year.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Barthez is the man this season... :howler:

·
Registered
775 Posts
NISTELROOY

·
Registered
190 Posts
ruud van nistelrooy is nothing special, he is a bit like andy cole and dwight yorke, good finishing touch, nothing else. totally pales when compared to henry.

keane is the man. best player at united, nothing less then a legend, and a world class midfielder.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i voted for keane with rvn right behind him,keane has had another great season and i believe our most consistent player through the whole campaign.
i don`t know how you could vote for becks,he had a shocking first half to the season and was benched for a while,although he did come back and play some of the best football of his career.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Kyo said:
Don't talk bollocks. Wsh your mouth :D
take your own advice...:rolleyes:
and while you are at it, you might want to get your head out of your @ss. :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I voted for Veron because he was great for Arsenal this season.:D :tongue:

Don't get angry Man U fans it is just a joke!:tongue:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
as an openminded person I can understand inclusion of Carrol, Forlan and even Cole in that list. But Veron..., man... that's stretching! :cool:

if you hate United (not me) you'll love to see Juan playing for them. ;)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
zico said:
as an openminded person I can understand inclusion of Carrol, Forlan and even Cole in that list. But Veron..., man... that's stretching! :cool:

if you hate United (not me) you'll love to see Juan playing for them. ;)
well, I didn't want to define the poll by my own opinions, so I basically included the option of the whole squad. Strangely, Veron has still managed a vote. Arsenal fan I suspect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts