Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I mean Beckham's, but same thing;) Now, is it me, or have mohawks suddenly become fashionable again due to the efforts of a certain England captain:cool: I look at Ziege, Mathis etc, and lets face it, they wouldn't even contemplate those hairstyles if it weren't for Becks. Good to see he's as inspirational off the pitch for foreign players as he is on it for us:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's not something to be proud of.
Those players with mohawks look ridiculous. Fine, if all these players want to stand out, then why not go all the way.
Why not go out on the field with a huge donger. :D
Why not get "up" for the game in a different way. Is there a rule against this. I know that not too many players would cover them.

Why not cover themselves in fecal matter. I'm sure they would stand out then. The big clubs would never forget that. Mathis would be off to Europe in no time flat.:D

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Figo Rules said:
Why not get "up" for the game in a different way. Is there a rule against this. I know that not too many players would cover them.
is this guy freaky or wat?

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically this just carries on the trend of foreign football supporters aping our culture. Everywhere you look, you see a Union Jack, in amongst the Italians of all people as well as the Japanese. Beck's hair style is copied everywhere, even by Americans who tend to think of themselves as trend setters;) and our songs are reproduced by almost all sets of fans, who even go as far as singing it in English when it may not even be their prefered language:howler:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Didn't Becks copy it from Ljunberg? Sure looks alot alike, except that Ljunberg was balding at the temples so there's a slight difference.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Oz...

Maybe I am freaky, but maybe I'm a bit old school.
I was exaggerating to express my opinion. I just don't like the idea of players coming to a huge tournament and trying to stand out as individuals for something other than their play.

I think these Mohawks look ridiculous. Clint Mathis looks like a geek.

Fred Elliott...

Yeah I saw the news from Russia after their loss against Japan. You're right, people do ape English football culture.;)

Seriously, I agree with your point. I just don't think that everything about English football culture should be aped. I hope we can agree on that.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figo Rules said:
Oz...

Seriously, I agree with your point. I just don't think that everything about English football culture should be aped. I hope we can agree on that.
well, this was just supposed to be a wind up, so no hard feelings;)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Figo Rules said:
Yeah I saw the news from Russia after their loss against Japan. You're right, people do ape English football culture.;)

hehe :D

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Basically this just carries on the trend of foreign football supporters aping our culture. Everywhere you look, you see a Union Jack, in amongst the Italians of all people as well as the Japanese. Beck's hair style is copied everywhere, even by Americans who tend to think of themselves as trend setters and our songs are reproduced by almost all sets of fans, who even go as far as singing it in English when it may not even be their prefered language
This Wc i've noticed ALOT of our songs being "borrowed" by other nations..oh well guess thats a good thing :D

Our players seem to be copied and the Japs, oddly go crazy for England, is it trendy to be English in Asia :confused: :confused:
Maybe its because of all the hype surrounding our fans.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts