Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does Real Madrid 'suck' for going to a competition, which you think is all about money? Personally I see the World Club Championships being as big as the World Cup one day, if given the right amout of publicity and interest from clubs from all over the world.
Ruining the FA Cup? If you think Man Utd suck, then why would it make a difference to the competiton anyhow?
I think the reasons you point out, to prove that Man Utd 'suck' is completely ridiculous. And Beckham gets the sole blame for the heart-breaking penalty loss to Argentina?
Maybe next time you could come up with actual reasons to support your claim, and if u cant find them, then you're obviously wrong.

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

R

·
0 Posts
The most richest team in the world, the most famous team in the world. The team of 1999. So why do they suck??

Because they have no loyalty to their country. This year Man U refused to play in the FA cup and decided instead to enter the world league cup, and then decided not to give it their best, ruining both cups.

This is a team that goes were the money is, not for loyalty.

Their key player David Beckam cost England the world cup. I think that says it all

·
Registered
394 Posts
yea but man u think they are too big..

they think they can just do what they want..
opt out of the Cup cause they want more money else where...

..some say they did cause they wanted to improve england chance of hosting the world cup..great way to do it..getting your Manager and star player sent off..

..ok they went, then they came back and said ..ok we have messed up then FA Cup and Messed up the World Club Cup now we will mess up the league by playing games the premiership games when WE want after we return..

if remember correctly, Real asked to have matches rearranged when they return and they got told where to get off!!! but they still won their games..thats what makes them one of the best teams in europe..

barcelona refussed to play one cup match and they got banned and fined and may miss it next season ..

..while we are on the topic..they are also spoiling the premiership by offering a stupid amount of money to Keane..

we have always prided ourselves on the fact that the premiership is not overrun with greedy money grabbing so and so's. Player generally have played for clubs here due to loyalty, not so much of that in serieA.. before if players complained for stupid amounts of money, they were told goodbye!!
(hasselbank, Anelka from last season)
..but that may now change soon..

fancy having to pay your player the most in the premiership in order for him to stay

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
What really annoys me (not about Man U) is the fact that Keane was not treated in the same way he would have been if he was a foreigner (I do not consider the Irish to be foreign). You know that if it was someone like Poyet who had demanded this there would have been a national outrage.
The thing is that there is xenophobia in the press (especially the Sun) and this means that foreign players will always have the most stick no matter what they do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
..that is SO true...

..infact i feel bad for the foreign players who are getting such bad publicity now due to this..

..infact i felt bad for Chelsea's foriegn legion when everyone they won the cup for chelsea, all the praise went to Wise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts