Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Man City boss blasts ref over Charlton equaliser
tribalfootball.com - January 8, 2004

Manchester City boss Kevin Keegan was furious with ref Phil Walton as he saw Charlton net a late equaliser in yesterday's 1-1 draw at Eastside.
Leading by Robbie Fowler's opener, Walton first awarded a debatable 84th-minute free-kick against Blues skipper Sylvain Distin for his challenge on Scott Parker.

Then, when Radostin Kishishev curled over the set-piece, Walton ruled Joey Barton had handled inside the penalty area.

To make matters worse, David Seaman saved Paolo di Canio's spot-kick, only for the veteran Italian to tap the rebound into an empty net.

"The referee bought the free-kick," blasted the City boss. "That was unlucky and the penalty was very harsh.

"He gave it very quickly and in the end it's cost us two points and a victory."

Charlton boss Alan Curbishley said: "We deserved to get back into it because we had the best chances.

"At the time we got the penalty I was just sitting there thinking Kevin Keegan was about to get the luck he has not had recently because we had tried just about everything.

"City have been playing well recently without getting a result but I did feel the game would turn for us if we didn't concede at the start of the second half."

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
**** off Carson. If you're not here to discuss my team get the **** out of my forum.

We was robbed basically, as the saying goes. Once again we had 20+ shots and stillfailed to put it away. Couldn't see the penalty from my seat, but saw the replay on the premiershït and feel it was harsh. 13 games now and we seriously need to win. I can't bear to see us loes again. Its incredible how a squad this good is performign so poorly. Anelka ran it last night, and he was unlucky not to score. We do need Kev to teach him how to finish off one on ones, as if he was able to he'd have had a hat-trick last night. Another goal for fowler is great, as he now is getting goals to add to his effort, work rate and performances.

~ The Green ;)ne

[edit] Please no swearing.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
City are awful at the moment:( Another defeat against Portsmouth and no win for what seems like years! How long can our run go on for?:( :( :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts