Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to wrongdoings with financial fairplay, UEFA announced a 2 year ban from the Champions League for Manchester City. Of course they appeal, so I wouldn't count on this to stay...

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
So the ban is for the fake sponsors? Is there any decent journalism about this?

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,070 Posts
Yeah I highly doubt they win the appeal, certainly not 100%. Why have these rules in place if they’re never enforced.. for once a club is being truly penalized, sets an example and should make other clubs move money about in a smarter way, not lie about numbers and where the money came from etc..

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends if Bayern is continuing with Flick?

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I'd go back to Barca if I was him.
He already won all that is to win there. Wrote history as a player and coach.

Depends, if he thinks with his heart he might return to Barca and Barca fans would obviously love that to happen, but he may fancy a new challenge in a new, different country like Italy/France. His career path is sort of similar to Mourinho/Ancelotti in the sense of trying new countries and winning titles in them.

Imo he will go to juve even if Sarri wins the CL this season.

But if he does go to juve I wonder what would he say if asked about the best player in the world... surely he can't say Messi as that would anger CR? :D

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Moreover, a lot of people discredit Guardiola by saying he only won CL at Barca with Messi and co and failed to do so at Bayern and City, I think he will aim to win CL at another club other than Barca. Going back to Barca and winning CL with them would be nice, but winning CL outside of Barca, with a different club, would be a bigger feat.

Bayern? would they want him back? I thought the Bayern hierarchy thought he was too 'Un-german', so to speak? not direct enough?

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
I'm guessing PSG, when they inevitably sack their coach again for failing to win the CL.
Would be hilarious if he goes there, then they get a similar 2 season CL ban.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
What a nightmare would that be, Guardiola to juve and takes Messi with him. CR and Messi in same team. juve would win multiple CLs surely and beat teams 5-0 and 6-0 weekly. They might not even need to spend on Italian referees anymore

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Sorry for the multiple posts :D ... but I'd imagine Pep and City will be way more motivated now to win CL this season. If they win it surely they won't give a shit about this 2 year ban. City v Real, can't wait for that tie!

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bayern management rates him very high. Question is what their plan is anyway. Nobody knows yet. As a fan I am happy with Flick as he plays Thomas Müller every time unlike Kovac. So he can stay as far as I am concerned.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,887 Posts
Is Muller the German Raul?

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts