Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
dam i feel stupid!!!

i kept reminding myself to make this thread but i never did.

anyway 0-3 to arsenal to take the lead and chelsea shall never catch up and abro quits.

reyes for the hattrick:D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hope to win
just a win
any win

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
I go for 2-0 for Arsenal overall

There can be two scenarios :

1 > Either Manchester City takes something out of the hat and piles a lot of pressure on us in the first half but still we somehow sneak a goal ( you know we are quite lucky nowdays ) and end the first half at 1-0. Then in the second half we try to save the lead till Reyes comes on and leads from the front. Makes his mark and scores the goal. 2-0 .

2 > Manchester City are romped by Arsenal , 3-0 in the first half. In the second half they sneak a goal and Reyes scores a debut goal and we end up at 4-1 :D

Overall speaking, Reyes will have a great debut :D
quite optimistic eh ? :)

nEEbz

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
not a vintage Arsenal performance by any means,mainly down to a mudheap 'Hackney Marshes' style pitch,early on we cut out some blinding moves with both Ash and Bob hitting across the face of goal but no touch :rolleyes:

then on a little while a sublime raid down the right by Fred and Ralph ,Thierry with an open goal and he cocked it up :eek:

the rest of the half was a scrappy encounter

second half was a joke as the ball kept sticking in the mud as the rain lashed down,a few half chances here and there,Jens made a couple of good saves in the moody circumstances.

we got a couple of chances with the introduction of Reyes who played through the middle and worked well with Bob and Titi to create three or four half chances,all squandered.

then with a lighning strike from Heaven,Titi sent a missile past James into the top corner from 20 yards :happy:

City kept on pushing when they somehow sneaked one ,the ball richoted to Anelka who tucked it in,followed Ash Cole grabbed the ball ,Anelka was none too happy and tried to get the ball from Ash,bit of handbags and Anelka grabbed Ash's cheeks,it all went off and Anelka was shown red,Ash yellow. ;)

handbags,but many on radio stations and TV are making it out Ash was the agressor :rolleyes: also they are making out that Gilberto fouled Anelka before the 1st goal and Sol fowled Fowler for the 2nd when both were nothing of the sort :rolleyes: oh well we are used to it we are the Arsenal :tongue:

great cameo from Reyes and he showed he is a true gooner when Dunne tried to take the shirt off his back,Reyes didn't fling himself to the floor like certain other kids just been bought,but turned round to the man and gave him the eyeball :thumbsup:

overall a rubbish game to watch mainly due to the horrific conditions,we are top of the League and our new signing kept it simple and looked a class act. ;)

this report is brought to you by Jern Lizardhous editorial for the benfit of Swiftwilly and other Gooners who couldn't see the match :D

also the atmosphere at Highbury was very good ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
getting despare gonner4life?? ;) many times i heard you say that.

LETS GO TO NO.1 !!!!
it's just the optimism
i do it in a previous games
and we win

so i'll keep doing this in every game we need to win
just a win
any win :)

·
63,337 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
the atmoshpere sounded dead on t.v
even with the increase sound on sky

you could hear the man city fans
but arsenal fans are so quiet
the atmosphere was great in the ground,i can only conclude you were downing some sort of vile wine that imunes your earoles to the Gooner volume :tongue:

·
63,337 Posts
Gooner4life said:
it's just the optimism
i do it in a previous games
and we win

so i'll keep doing this in every game we need to win
just a win
any win :)
4life, i enjoy your predictions this way,keep it up :cool:

of course when we lose ,i may change my opinion on this great little catchphrase :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have to change it by another one
cause the secret now is revealed
and maybe it won't work again ;)

I have to invent another one :D

·
63,337 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
yep, and once again cole done what he does best - creating controversy :rolleyes:
yes ,picking the ball up and holding on to it when it's our kick off,you are right ,what a heinous crime :howler:

he is an evil bastard,that's for sure :D

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes ,picking the ball up and holding on to it when it's our kick off,you are right ,what a heinous crime :howler:

he is an evil bastard,that's for sure :D
A kick-off that would have took half an hour to take place had Cole got his way ;)

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
the atmosphere was great in the ground,i can only conclude you were downing some sort of vile wine that imunes your earoles to the Gooner volume
I think that everyone who was at that game or saw it must have been drinking that cos I never heard the arsenal fans string two songs together. You heard about one chat of "Arsenal" every 10 minutes, but the chants were all City. Surprised there were no chants of "We got our ground for free". You lot weren't even singing at one nil up.

Also Cole should have went for his swipe at Anelka. Anelka deserved to go yes, but Cole was out to waste time like the little cheat he is. When Tarnat lined up the free kick which led to the goal (the clearence from Parlour after Dunne had it went to SWP), he was not moving back deliberately despite whoever else was in the wall doing so. He's a cheat and Anelka should have done more than push him. Also Edu was lucky not to be booked. Finally that was a blatant foul on Fowler in the build-up to Henry's amazing strike. The ref bottled the decision as he put the whistle to his lips. He would have had to send Campbell off if he gave it, which is why he did it. I don't get why he bottled it, its not like at Old Trafford where there is a loud crowd getting on his back =\

Still, good luck winning the title, rather you than the Rags.

~ The Green :rollani:ne

1 - 20 of 30 Posts