Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, it finally happened, as expected. Man City's main rivals at the top Wolves lost to Millwall which means City are promoted without even having to play. The division title is still up for grabs though but one point against Barnsley tomorrow would effectively give City that honour as well.

Congrats Ali, Congrats Berkovic, finally he's back at the 'big time'.

Read more Here (from Man City's official website

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There's is a rumour that Edgar Davids will be moving to Manchester City this summer for 20 million paund fee.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
WHO CARES?!?!?!? :D WERE BACK IN THE PREMEIR!!!!

It would be fun to see the Manchester Derby once again! :D this time, we have a chance to win and for Berkovic to really make a stand! :D

Think of the BBC showing Berkovic scoring on the ********** french Barthez!!!! :D!!

We'll eat more up like French Crossiant!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Raanan said:
Congrats Ali, Congrats Berkovic, finally he's back at the 'big time'.
:) Thankyou mate,am looking forward to next season already when a much less injured Berkovic will open up the PL teams defences and help City progress even further.

With Keegan in charge and his ability to attract 'big name' players it's a great time to be a City fan:party:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think Ali can expect much more!!!!

Berkovic is all set for the EPL, and he is getting ready vigorously! This summer he will train harder and tougher and hopefully reducde the risk of injury by the many! :D

If he does, i wish him the best and hopefully we can show our might next season! :D

Best of luck!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Congratilations to Berkovic he really deserves it. Now Manchester City must keep their good form. The only thing I don't like much about it is that Berko is getting to much injured

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Im worried that Berkovic will downplay next year and be injured again! I know he doesn't mean it, but i do want him to be a good rated player! From the end of the season to September, Man City will be aggressivley fixing, renovating and buying new players! At a high cost. Im guessing the mark on players will be in the 4-7 million pounds and they are not joking! :)

I heard Edgar Davids has some intrest in Man City :) that would be cool? :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
City's first buy for the next season is non other then the former city rivals goalkeeper, Peter Shmeichel...quite a shocking move at least from my POV, what do you think of that Ali, I thougt Weaver is considered as a good prospect?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Schemeil???? I don't recall him ??? I am confused really?? When did that French ********** Bartez come to Man U????

Didn't peter win it for the bawys back in 98/99????

He is german,no?? And a backup for Kahn in the NT?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Once again you prove how ignorant you are Kappa.

Schmeichel played for at least 5 years in Man U (I don't have exact count but he's been there for a while). Schmeichel in the last 2 seasons played for Sporting Lisbon and then Aston Villa.

Schmeichel is DANISH, and won the European championships with Denmark (and Nielsen as coach) in 92, he also appeared in Denmark's squad in the major tournaments following that.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
i am a big fan of eyal but i cannot understand why he transfered to manchester city. he got offers from aston villa, blackburn and liverpool!! i respect the decision of Eyal but he could go to a better club when he wants. in spite of this eyal will be the star in the national team in EURO 2004 quali. We will win against France, Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta without Haim.. until this time there will be more future stars like Shimon Gershon, Yossi Benayoun, Yaniv Katan and Ben Luz.

if anybody wants Eyal Videos, just say it in icq:

thank you

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
most rumours refarding aston villa and liverpool were not true!

It is true however, that Eyal is a highly rated player and a couple of teams were intrested in him! but in the begining a lot of the teams didn't agree to a 5 million pound deal with the berkoman! :D so they didn't budge! As time was flying berkovic didn't have a team! he was on def ears and it was horrible! His price automaticly deducated and he had played in Celtics Exibition game of course!

But i feel that Man City has give him some opprotunity! :) in the begining he was good, but he gotten injured! Remember, Man City was around the 6th overall team in mid november! They were hopeless. When Berko injured Ali came and made things turn around! And now more players have come in and contributed!

Berkovic is still a promising player and the experience he has is an asset for Man City!

In other terms, just look at it this way:

Theres big time Beitar Jerusalem (AKA Man utd)
And then theres Hapoel Jersualem (AKA Man City)

Both are good :D but one is bigger!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Raful said:
City is being linked to many top class lately, not to offend them but can they afford it?
Keegan has between £25m-£30m to spend this summer.In the past City haven't ever payed huge wages to people and Keegan has stated that alot of his trasfer budget will go to 'Bosman' free signings with the money used to pay the wages.With City back in the PL and moving to a new 48000 capacity stadium in 1year the finance should be there for the foreseeable future. Stefan Effenberg of Bayern Munich is expected to sign,possibly before the end of this season and an exclusive for you all is Dennis Bergkamp in the summer.Also rumoured are Kevin Phillips,Robbie Keane and Andy Cole.Keegan has stated that the next 3-4 signings will be big named players.

You may also be pleased to know that Berkovic,Benarbia and Goater have all been named in the 1st division 'team of the season'

Roll on next season cos CITY ARE BACK:D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
i am a big fan of eyal but i cannot understand why he transfered to manchester city. he got offers from aston villa, blackburn and liverpool!! i respect the decision of Eyal but he could go to a better club when he wants.
In reply to this,firstly Blackburn, who had Eyal on loan at the end of last season didn't want to buy him and 'flare' players don't get a chance at Villa-look at Ginola and Merson, couldn't get in the team!
City and Eyal are suited to each other, with Kevin Keegan playing to his strengths.Eyal has himself stated that he's never been happier since coming to England.City are a big club who are going back into the PL to challenge and not just to survive.This season alone City have an average gate that is more than 10,000 above Blackburns,even though we are in a lower division.
Overall, I think Berkovic was the fortunate one in many ways,to come to a big club like City,with a huge fan base and a great manager and get the chance to play every week in a good side

1 - 20 of 22 Posts