MILAN - Rossoneri captain Paolo Maldini spoke to Corriere dello Sport:
'The table has changed in the last few weeks due to our mood, but we
are convinced we can catch Juventus. We still have 17 games to go yet
and there are plenty of points up for grabs. The Bianconeri have done
really well but we don't feel we are out of the running yet

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Paolo smoking crack is something that would never happen, he is a man of morals.

17 games remaining, which means a maximum of 51 points. We are only 8 points behind Juventus, and we still have to play them at home. That should be a garuanteed 3 points according to those who watched the last encounter at the Delle Alpi. Juventus are nowhere near as good as they were in 2002/2003 when they steamrolled us (but forgot about us in that other competition ;))

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
No we aren't out of the running of course,But we simply can't afford anymore slip ups.Especially with Juve's consistant form and the ref's help. :tongue:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well stranger things have happened, we gave up a 9 point lead back in 2000.. of course Capello ain't Ancelotti.. :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
numerodix said:
Well stranger things have happened, we gave up a 9 point lead back in 2000.. of course Capello ain't Ancelotti.. :D
Yes very True,Juve won't lose the title No chance.I hope I'm wrong but they've been to consistant.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
numerodix said:
Indeed Martino :D and here are some Serie A comebacks in recent years:

1998-99 Season
Standings after round 27: Lazio 56, Milan 49.
Final standings: Milan 70, Lazio 69 :party:

1999-2000 Season
Standings after round 26: Juventus 59, Lazio 50.
Final standings: Lazio 72, Juventus 71 :D

200-2001 Season:
Standings after round 24: Roma 58, Juventus 49.
Final standings: Roma 75, Juventus 73 (Montella's 90th minute goal in
Juve-Roma 2-2 turned out to be decisive. Juve dominated that match, and went 2-0 after 10 minutes)

2001-2002 Season
Standings after Round 29: Inter 62, Roma 59, Juventus 56.
Final standings: Juventus 71, Roma 70, Inter 69 :D

Then again, Capello has never blown away a 8 point lead :rollani: :moan:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Maldini is saying what a Captain of any team is sopposed to say in these sort of situations. I think he knows also that unless a miracle happens, Juve are going to run away with the scudetto.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
We beat Messina and thankfully Juve were beaten an amzaing shock I certainly didn't expect it.But now we simply can't afford to slip up anymore,we still have to play Juve at home but we can't wait for Juve to lapse it's already a rarity.

·
International
8,545 Posts
The Shev said:
Paolo smoking crack is something that would never happen, he is a man of morals.

I was wrong, he doesn't smoke it he sells it. To children in his neighbourhood :tongue:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
IVO said:
I was wrong, he doesn't smoke it he sells it. To children in his neighbourhood :tongue:

Sssssh, please keep that quiet. ;)

Already we are back on track, how quickly people lose faith. :lala:

·
International
8,545 Posts
A while ago I accepted that if Juve want to win they will. Nothing stands in their way, not even fair play;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Palermo-Juve 1-0 final score.

Tomorrow, it's a must win for us to be back to -2!:stuckup:

Forza Ragazzi!!!

Who said we were out is either a Gobbo or one that doesn't know football or Milan well...:eek: :devil:

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!:star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It is a two horse race since long but what a see-saw race it is turning out to be. I'll take an efficiently grinded out win tomorrow night. :devil:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Palermo have done us a massive favout and now we have to capitalise period.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Of course he looks like a dope head, he might not be one but he definately looks the part:stoned:

Paiment, Juve losing 2 games unexpectedly has nothing to do with knowing Milan. And I know you didn't mean to sound so disrespectful in your post. And I know in the future you won't be so disrespectful because it's a road a guy like you shouldn't take with a guy like me. :nono:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts