Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone the injuries they both suffered..?? :wallbang: :wallbang:

I know nesta got 7 stiches and maldini said it's he's knee..

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yes. Here's the extent of the injuries:

Maldini- Got a slight twinge in his knee. Says its nothing serious. He says he gets the pain from time to time, and it's not to be unexpected since he recently played many matches on a bad surface. He said he should be fine, just needs a few days of rest. He should be ready to go for next week against Roma, where we hope he will put a good showing, as the professional he is.

Nesta-He came off not b/c of mere precautionary reasons, as Maldini did. Nesta got cut by a football cleat on his calf. Galiani said he never saw a cut so deep in a footballer's calf. It was so deep that he needed sutures/stitches. Right now, barring a miracle, he is out for the Roma game. I think all Milan fans will agree that there is no way he will be back next week. If he does come back, it will be a risk. I heard a variety of estimates, ranging from 1 week layoff to 3 week layoff. But at the end, I think most people believe that Nesta will be back for the next match after next week's Roma match. He is a true professional and let's hope he makes a speedy recovery.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yes, exactly. Stick Costacurta in the CB spot, with Maldini at the LB spot, and Stam in the middle and Cafu on the right- you are fine. That backline of

----Maldini--------Costacurta----------Stam-----------Cafu

Is still the best in the Serie A by far. Maldini is always a professional. Cafu will never let you down. Costacurta never has a bad day. He is a true consistent performer. And Stam- he alone can put a defense on his back.

You are fine. Good luck.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Yes. Here's the extent of the injuries:

Maldini- Got a slight twinge in his knee. Says its nothing serious. He says he gets the pain from time to time, and it's not to be unexpected since he recently played many matches on a bad surface. He said he should be fine, just needs a few days of rest. He should be ready to go for next week against Roma, where we hope he will put a good showing, as the professional he is.

Nesta-He came off not b/c of mere precautionary reasons, as Maldini did. Nesta got cut by a football cleat on his calf. Galiani said he never saw a cut so deep in a footballer's calf. It was so deep that he needed sutures/stitches. Right now, barring a miracle, he is out for the Roma game. I think all Milan fans will agree that there is no way he will be back next week. If he does come back, it will be a risk. I heard a variety of estimates, ranging from 1 week layoff to 3 week layoff. But at the end, I think most people believe that Nesta will be back for the next match after next week's Roma match. He is a true professional and let's hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the infor.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Maybe Pulsar is turning Rossonero. :pp

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I hope nesta will be bak soon!!
God bless u Milan Defence :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Genjuro said:
He surely has the potential.
:D

Let's just say one day very soon I will see the light :eekani:

and say FORZA RED/BLACK
with pics of the Curva Sud

But for now, I'm black and blue. Not in the injured sense either..

I respect Milan fans who are nice to me. And so that is why I went into this injury description. Classy guys, like Schumy, Genjuro, Haroon, Haider, Terak, etc etc. Good luck in Scudetto chase. I change my mind everyday who I want to win it. But I guess deep down I wouldn't mind if its Milan since you guys all deserve a good trophy in your hands. And plus, we can't let cheaters win it. In one hour probably i will change my mind, though, LOL :D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yay i'm classy :D

Ur not bad for inter fan either pulsar ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Injured Nesta to miss Roma trip?
Sunday 13 March, 2005

Alessandro Nesta and Paolo Maldini are major fitness doubts for next Sunday’s clash with an increasingly troubled Roma.

“I don’t understand how the studs in football boots can create such a deep cut,” said Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani after visiting Nesta in the treatment room. “It was so deep that it looked as if it had been created by a surgeon’s knife.”

The defender suffered the injury during an accidental collision with an opponent in today’s 1-0 win over Sampdoria and required seven stitches for the cut to his right ankle.

This means it is extremely unlikely that former Lazio captain Nesta will recover in time for next Sunday’s Serie A crunch match at the Stadio Olimpico.

Paolo Maldini also limped off during the first half of today’s game with Sampdoria, but his setback is less serious.

“I feel fairly good, as it was just a little knee problem,” explained the veteran. “It is not a new injury for me and the strain of the last few weeks has probably made it flair up again. It was best to just leave the pitch before it got any worse.”

With Giuseppe Pancaro and Kakha Kaladze also dealing with injuries, leaders Milan may have to reshuffle their defence for the Roma match.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The Post Maldini Era

What happens when he retires milanistas?
whats the plan?
:D :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
001 said:
whats the plan?
Billy returns to be a regular starter :cool:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
nobody can predict what happes in the far distant future and that is exactly what you are talking about :pp

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'm afraid even to think about it, i can't imagine that this day will come, the day when Milan will go on field without Paolo Maldini!!!
I'm sure that he will remain at the club, maybe as a coach, & in the future he will be the manager of the first team!!

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
001 said:
whats the plan?
to win titles and have a replacements within the club, hopefully better off than when Baresi retired. Nesta is in our ranks if you didn't notice, we are sure to bring in some new.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts