Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MALDINI: best italian player ever , most successful italian player and one of the most in History, best italian defender ever with Baresi, in the top three defenders' shortlist in the history (with baresi and beckembauer)
Paolo is the most consistent player ever to grace a football picth, and before his 30 people was surprised when he even managed to mistake a pass;

the most two footed player i have ever seen (even more than van basten who was able to lob keepers with his less sensitive foot): it is proved by the fact he kicks penalties with left or right without any difference

who saw him playing before his 30 can tell how class he was, at 18 y o he went to bernabeu against one of the best teams of the 80 (real madrid) and outclassed a world class player like Michel

sportmanship: got at worst 3 red cards in 20 years

Consistency: Through his career he's been world class for almost 20 years at the highest levels .Till 30 y o he almost raised the perfection ..i remember him doing one howler every countless matches.

Class: surely the most complete defender of the hystory, counting athletical skills, pace (before 30 i remember that even Ronaldo or Weah couldn't outpace him , and Ronaldo was the best ever seen), technique, defending/attacking (before being dropped as a central defender), position, headers..

The perfect player, if you add an out of common loyalty to his club..

Records: he's won everything at club stage, his only sad point is NT, with he still reached 1 WC final, 1 WC semifinal, and 1 Euro cup final.

At the end of the season will be the player in Italy with the highest number of matches, getting over Zoff, who played over 40 as a goalie.

Already a legend before his 30s, one day i will be proud to have witnessed his entire career

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
it's a tribute, but there can still be someone who disagrees

Nobody really cares here, take this to the italian forum, it might go down well there.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alter Ego said:
Nobody really cares here, take this to the italian forum, it might go down well there.
a player who has raised 4 CL deserves not just the italian but the world forum :howler: :star: :star: :star: :star:

:stuckup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Interista said:
Technically it should be in European Football as he has not won a WC
Nor have Platini, Cruyff and Van Basten. He won 2 with his club though.

Let's move the thread though.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Thanks for a good tribute. The only change I would like to propose is that you include a full list of the titles he has won so the kids understand how great player he is. :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Guys I feel a bit "furious" myself as I've read a number threads in the World Forum on players that have achieved much much less if compared to Maldini :cool: so if interested their is a thread in the Milan Forum to celebrate Paolo's 20th year with Milan due next coming 25th of January :cool:

http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145914

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Purger said:
Roberto Baggio is the best Italian player of all-time. :cool: :thmbup:
Amen. :stuckup:

But since we live in a world where the trophy cabinet goes hand in hand with player quality when judging a player's accomplishments...then Maldini wins by a mile.

If anything, I have the utmost respect for Maldini. Otherwise I hate all milanisti. And please no Baresi tributes. :yuck:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Please don't reply

·
Registered
472 Posts
Maldini is a living Legend but I don't think he is is better than Rivera
sorry just read your post Diavolo :wallbang:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Rivera is the best Italian player of all-time.
Next Baresi,Maldini,Baggio,Zoff

Cassano can will be no.1 of all-time.
If he move Juventus

1 - 20 of 56 Posts