Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Captain Paolo Maldini and Massimo Ambrosini have extended their contracts with Milan, confirmed the club in an official statement.

The defender has suggested several times this season that he is in no hurry to hang up his boots and has penned a new deal holding him to the San Siro outfit until June 30 2007.

When his contract expires, the veteran will have just turned 39 years of age and will have completed 23 seasons in the Rossoneri jersey.

Massimo Ambrosini has also added another two years to his contract, calming speculation that he was set for a move to either Real Madrid or Barcelona at the end of the current campaign.

The midfielder is now tied to the club until June 30 2008.

Earlier this week the Italian international had stated, “I am not a reserve. I feel that I can give more to the team and, although my rapport with Carlo Ancelotti is excellent, that’s just not enough for me anymore.”

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AC Milan captain Paolo Maldini has extended his contract with the Italian giant for a further year, signing on until the end of the 2007 season.

The 36-year-old, long regarded as one of the bets defenders in the game, retired from the international scene after the 2002 World Cup - amassing a record 126 caps for the Azzurri.

Maldini made his first team debut for Milan in January 1985 and has won four European Cups, seven Italian league titles, four UEFA Super Cups, one Coppa Italia, four Italian Super Cups and two Intercontinental Cups during his glittering career at the San Siro.

Meanwhile, Milan has also come to an agreement with Massimo Ambrosini, the 27-year-old midfielder extended his current deal until June 2008.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Maldini, every football fans hero, nice to see him carrying on for another year:)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Aslong as your still good and hungry for more, age doesn't matter ;)

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
AMBROSINI: 'Happy to remain'
3/19/2005

MILANELLO - Massimo Ambrosini has renewed his contract with Milan until June 30, 2008. He said: ’I'm happy to have had an honest chat with the club, the plan is to remain for a long spell here. The decision has been made, it is to remain and do it with confidence. This contract extension comes in a crucial moment of my career and gave satisfaction to both parties, Milan and me. I hope that this renewal will bring good luck, this is the period in which you reap the fruit of your hard work, it is a crucial moment of the season, I hope for the best.'

:devil: :proud: :devil:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
That's the peice of news that I was dying to hear,the uncertainty over Ambro's future at Milan was worrying me.But hearing his humble words prove's through and through he's "Uno DI Noi per sempre". :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts