Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
The first half wasn't that great in terms of football for Besiktas, but we started the second half with a bit more zeal. Malatya is always a tough aay game-and I hope certain fenerli's claiming that Malatya will concede the game to Besiktas because Malatya's current coach is an old Besiktas player are ashamed of themselves now.

Sergen just got hit by a snowball while he was trying to take a corner shot.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I was hoping that Besiktas would be at their best just before the Valcencia game, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :(

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think they'll get by valencia anyway...the good playas rnt even playin like okan koc, i cant undertand why dobra plays instead, he's so bad he is old and cant defend, and all his cross go along the ground, cant lift the ball...he only touches the ball twice each game too...

okan makes the ball his tho, he's always defendin...

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
The game has finished 0-0...

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Manny: League matches and European competition are two different things, you'll see a different Besiktas against Valencia-that's always the case.

Lee: bro you gotta stop going between extremes. One moment you're claiming Okan Koc is great, another moment you diss the guy.

I wasn't satisfied with our game, but it's a tough away game, there was a ton of snow again.
Pancu wasn't playing, Giunti is injured, Ibo was coming back from an Injury, Tumer was suspended, Zago was injured and Sergen was nursing a cold.

In short-our players weren't in top shape either.
But like i said-everyone knows league competition and European competition are two different things.

Besiktas had a couple of decent opportunities, but we couldn't convert, so did Malatya. I wouldn't say Malatya was the better side-but that the game was about equal.

On a side Note: Luce was right about Ahmed Hassan, he always is more effective coming off the bench.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
say wat? i didnt diss him, i said he was good, i said dobra was bad...

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
koreancrew said:
say wat? i didnt diss him, i said he was good, i said dobra was bad...
OK I misunderstood, sorry.

Dobra is a solid bench player, but I don't think he's good enough to merit a place on a team like Besiktas-he does his job but doesn't add too much.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Well, one point in a game like this is acceptable. The pitch was really awful, our more technical players could not get their passing game started and Malatya´s deafult style is long passes ussually, so the pitch did really fit them. I would personaly not let Sergen play on this ground, he could not do much. But this game really showed that we need a Nouma style of player, all our long passes was collected by the Malatya defence easily... :(

Now lets see what Besiktas can do against Valencia...:confused:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
As long as players like Yasin Sulun even get to see a minute of play in the Turkish League Besiktas will not beat Valencia. I'm better than that guy seriously how did he even get signed???? I wouldn't even want him playing for Eskisehir Sekerspor and they're in the 3rd division. Man Ahmed Hassan was the only player to get good chances for Besiktas, Fevzi made a couple good saves against his ex-team but Ahmed Hassan was moving around out there, Sergen can't play in the snow not the Besiktas I would have liked to seen but I still have faith in them they beat Chelsea at their own ground and that's a prtty good team I know Valencia is a whole different test but I'm hoping they pull something off.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I agree with Gravesend, the Valencia match is a whole new story.
And Yasin Sulun needs to be sacked.

First of all, we'll be playing against Valencia as a full team-something which we haven't done in weeks thanks to the suspensions, injuries, sicknesses etc.

Just imagine, today we played on a field like that without key players such as Pancu, Giunti, Tumer.
Both Ibrahim and Sergen were nursing a sickness-Ibrahim was injured from the NT match and not in full shape.

Had Tumer not been suspended, he wold've substituted Sergen in this game-he runs much more and would have been perfect for the weather conditions. This was not Sergens type of game-that's for sure.

In short, we are not this bad :D
In fact, 10 times better :D

So there's not much to stress about, we won apoint in Malatya under those conditions-that's the way I look at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts