Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled onto this Website & I must say I’m impressed by the analysis of Brazilian Football especially by Ze da Fiel, Garrincha & Falcao. I have ‘followed’ Brazilian soccer since the early 80’s back home in Kenya when we use to see it on T.V, players such as Zico, Socrates & Careca made me addicted to Samba, I remember the WC in ’82 vaguely though Falcao’s goal against Italy is as vivid to me today as it was then. The ’86 WC is what I remember in it’s entirety, Zico’s missed penalty against the French & the subsequent loss is still with me today but the 90 WC was pure hell against the Argies with so many missed chances only for Diego to punish the D with his pass & Muller missing from point blank range in the Final minutes what a disappointment, but those day’s are gone, if Brazil don’t win on Sunday then Einstein’s law of Gravity is flawed…

Ze da Fiel I read your analysis on the current crop of Players on a different thread & I have a few queries for you. Marchelinho Carioca is/was a brilliant talent probably the best I ever saw in the last decade how come he was never featured in the Selecao on a regular basis? Denilson is a player with great talent but frankly I don’t think he has any business being on the team, all he does is dribble with no idea that the aim of football is to put the ball in the back of the net (I know he can score), Juninho Paulista is a better player in the whole scheme of the game, what are your thoughts? Who do you think is a better striker between Romario & Ronaldo, I choose Ronaldo because of his physical presence & his tenacity though Romario seems to just conjure goals out of nothing! & Finally who would you chose as the starting 11 for Brazil in the last 20 years…

The last three WC’s have shown what Pragmatism brings to Brazilian football (or is it Romario & Ronaldo?) with great emphasis on defensive play, the defense of ’94 was probably the best D maybe even better than the Italians & this time with Kleberson & Gilberto the WC is already in Rio. What Felipao has done is simply amazing, I saw the horrendous qualifying campaign & I can hardly believe this is the same team (it isn’t!!) but what happens next? With Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka & off course Ronaldo the future is set as long as the defensive theme continues.

Finally I’d like to know from anyone here in the States where I can watch Brazilian football & I don’t mean the Portuguese commentary one that I see in a Brazilian restaurant across from my digs in the Bronx, are their English ones?…

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Pastor,
thanks for the complimets...actually i think this is the best forum to talk about football, cause me , Garrincha, Falcao voimer and the others just don't talk the obvious taht any 15 year old can say. That is probably why we are the best in the world, cause in BRazil people who like football do this kind of analysis and contest what maangers do. If the Italy elimiantion was with brazil, Trapatonni would not have come back to the country, cauyse he was simply AWFUL!:eek: :(

ABout Marcelinho Carioca.
Well he has a bad fame when it comes to discipline. He wants always to be the star of the team etc... and he is a bit false. Or you love him (like me) or you hate him! Brilliant passer of the ball, has probably the best free kcik of the world on him. BUt after Corinthians started going bad and he started fighting with Luxemburgo once again, his football went down. NOt many clubs in Brazil wanted him due to the problems he causes with his ego and two faced character (Romario is not 2 faced, romario will say things in your front whether you like it or not, while Marcelinho is the macheavelic type of guy). So now he is in Japan making a buck or 2 , but i hope he comes back to Corinthians next month...keeps or figners crossed.

About Denilson, he has been having a poor world cup. Remmebr that in the qualifiers he was vital in many games for us, and in the preparation for the world cup he was brill also. Ok that sometimes he holds theball, but that can be used in our fvour. He can dig some fouls for us in the edge of the box, he can get the opposing teams defenders booked, and he can call other markers and open more space for other forwards. If he had released the ball agaisnt turkey in the episode that he got 4 players after him, Luizao would be one on one with the keeper.!;)

Romario is better than Ronaldo. Rememebr Romario is 36 years old, and he does not have the body to be going on, but still young defenders can't stop him. WHen Romario was Ronaldo's age he was the bomb.......although Ronaldo is also excellent......today he is heads and shoulder above any center forward in the world....... Can Henry, trezeguet, crespo feel the dust???:confused: ;) :D :D :D

Foz Sports world show some games....but they are taped delay and the commentary is awful, sometimes it makes you sleep:fero:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yes ROMARIO, ROMARIO, ROMARIO!

I thinl Romario already show waht he could give to football and his nation, and he gave the best!

Ronaldo are working well, not better, till today...

By the way, the negotiations to Romario come back to Flamengo are running...

ROMARIO, come back for who really love you!!!:heart: :heart:

And Petkovic went to Gavea to visit the old friends, and he admit receive less money to wear the MANTO SAGRADO:cool: :cool: :cool:

COuld anyone resist to Baixinho and Pet in the same team?:eek: :cool:

·
Registered
719 Posts
aT least, we will have one week of good football before the fight :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts