Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a forum and since I am such a cheap bastard, I wanna make money from it that will pay the yearly costs.

However, I am not prepared to pay money to make money. I am looking for a free way to make money. Any suggestions or links to give me?

A banner idea would be good enough, but considering that none of us have yet knowledge of how to add the banner into the template, we might need a better way. Pop-up is out of the question or anything else that disturbs the forum in a visible way.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Jimmy you don't get something for nothing in life...I thought you'd be more wiser...

Try setting up a donation system...or sacrifice and have them dodgy adverts...;)

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are aware of that there exists many banner options for free which would pay you an amount of money for each click?

So yes, you can get something for nothing in life. Especially on the Internet.

It´s just that this option is troublesome for us as we don´t have any knowledge about changing the templates.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yes I'm aware of banner advert that pay per click but...they're horrible banners...:eek: something for nothing still applies though...the clicking is the catch...

If it's nothing to you fair enough...;)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
imo, it's hard to find any firms that insterested to pay us for their banners unless our site is so big and has thousands users.

i think the best way to earn money for your site is to find a sponsorship :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Jimmy, haven't you learned from Jan's misadventure with banner ads on XT? Geez, I thought you of all people will know ;)

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. ;)

Maybe not informed of what brought Jan down. So care to explain? I also want to discuss the Google banner you have here with you, Martin.
Unless you can tell me here, since you refuse to go online on MSN. :tongue:

What´s the deal you have with the banner from Google? Paying anything? How much are you earning from it? How are you earning?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Jimmy said:
No. ;)

Maybe not informed of what brought Jan down. So care to explain? I also want to discuss the Google banner you have here with you, Martin.
Unless you can tell me here, since you refuse to go online on MSN. :tongue:

What´s the deal you have with the banner from Google? Paying anything? How much are you earning from it? How are you earning?
Google banner? What Google banner? :confused: ;)

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Jan originally financed the forum with banners and advertising. But all the money fell of from that while the costs was going up... The money he got in was hardly a fraction of the one going out. So many old free sites are now partly subscription. :(

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, if I would finance the forum with banners, I would make sure that I don´t pay anything for it to begin with. And I can afford to pay the money for the forum, if the banner wouldn´t turn out to be a great income.

But if I have gotten it right, Jan paid to get the banners right? Or else he wouldn´t lose money.
That´s something I won´t do. Then I´d prefer to look at other options.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Jimmy said:
But if I have gotten it right, Jan paid to get the banners right? Or else he wouldn´t lose money.
That´s something I won´t do. Then I´d prefer to look at other options.
Logic really took a tumble here.. :D Of course he didn't pay to put banners on the site, it doesn't cost a dime. What he did do is rely on the banners to fund the forum, which worked for a while but then backfired.

Google ads don't earn you shit, we've had them here for over 2 months and the profit is $30 so far.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, but $30 bucks is a lot of money in my books. :D

I won´t rely on banners... I just wanna earn money through it. So could you tell me how you got that Google banner and the Terms to have it?

Because 30 bucks is good enough to me. :D

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Jimmy said:
Okay, but $30 bucks is a lot of money in my books. :D

I won´t rely on banners... I just wanna earn money through it. So could you tell me how you got that Google banner and the Terms to have it?

Because 30 bucks is good enough to me. :D
you earn less if you have a smaller site with less visitors... of course you could probably earn some dough by clicking repeatedly on the link yourself, but I could probably suggest some other venues of earning money that is much more profitable.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
JKris said:
you earn less if you have a smaller site with less visitors... of course you could probably earn some dough by clicking repeatedly on the link yourself, but I could probably suggest some other venues of earning money that is much more profitable.
Collecting bottles and cans comes to mind.. :howler:

Jimmy, register here, they tell you all you need to know: https://www.google.com/adsense/

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
numerodix said:
Collecting bottles and cans comes to mind.. :howler:

Jimmy, register here, they tell you all you need to know
...apart from how much money you'll get. :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts