Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple statement.
I reckon that there could be an underlying tone to this stupid battle. Magnier fights with fergie for awhile, shareprice drops and they tie up the club at a knockdown price, then fergie and magnier are friends again.
Or hes just a stupid c*nt trying to proove a point.
either way its all a sham and a joke.
Im sure fans outside of OT are loving it!!
If fergie goes, I hope magnier dies a horribly painful and sadistic death.!!!!!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Magnier and Ferguson are very much alike,both stubborn,aggressive bullies. ;)

it's just Magnier is a far richer,much more powerful version :D

what goes around,comes around as they say,Fergie has picked on the wrong guy this time,let's hope for your sake he realises before it's too late.

D

·
0 Posts
Magnier is a far more intelligent and powerful man than Fergie will ever be. Fergie pissed off the wrong bloke this time.

Fergie out!
Houllier in!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

what goes around,comes around as they say,Fergie has picked on the wrong guy this time,let's hope for your sake he realises before it's too late.
Fergie didn't start it. He did choose to sue Magnier, but for a decent enough reason in my opinion.

What f you had won £220million on the lottery, only to go down to collect your money and have them tell you, "Actually, we'll just give you £20million. Is that alright?".

Would you be happy with that or would you try to get your money? And do you think it's fair for them to do that?

·
63,337 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Fergie didn't start it. He did choose to sue Magnier, but for a decent enough reason in my opinion.

What f you had won £220million on the lottery, only to go down to collect your money and have them tell you, "Actually, we'll just give you £20million. Is that alright?".

Would you be happy with that or would you try to get your money? And do you think it's fair for them to do that?
well it all depends how much i liked Manchester United,would i sue Camelot? yes......would i sue Magnier,who has the power to ruin my career and is known for the fact he loves to cut off his nose to spite his face? probably not,i can't compete with his power,i think i'd take the £20m gift he gave me and run. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
SuicideDD said:

Fergie's share in the horse gave him no right to any stud fees. His interest in the horse was to end when the horse retired, the horse then became the property of Magnier. Fergie got greedy when he heard about all the money and has kicked up a big fuss which could lead him to the unemployment line.

·
63,337 Posts
that's another reason,he doesn't really have a case,take a present and then start demanding more like a petulant child.

until he drops this case,the character assassination will continue until he is a broken man,the corruption of United will be blatantly exposed.

is it worth it? to Fergie it seems yes.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Not surprising that arsenal and pool fans are siding with the muppit that is Magnier.
No hes not intelligent buying shares in a company he is going to ruin by dismissing its most prized asset, cause he fell out with him!!!
Fergie is suing on something outside of united. Magnier has chosen to make it a united problem. No matter what way you look at it, magnier is the problem. He is the one that has ruined the stability in united in the board and on the park for his own importance. I think that shaf said what needed to be said.

No matter how much of his shitty money he puts into the club, he will never be accepted by the fans or indeed the shareholders that are losing money as a result of all this comotion.
Magnier wont be remembered as anything more then somebody that was a stupid c*nt that (might) sacked uniteds most successful manager over an arguement about a horse!!! What a fuking joke and he won be missed when he finally puts united fans out of their miserys and kicks the bucket!!!!

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
theres only one man who can solve this:

Don Vito Corleone

wat are the odds magnier wakes up with rock of gibralters head in his bed!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
wat are the odds magnier wakes up with rock of gibralters head in his bed!

Not very high, seeing that Rock of Gibraltar is worth more than £300 mil.Even don Corlone would think twice before he would do that

Secondly, the chances of Fergie losing his job are very very slim.....probably as slim as magnier replacing Ruud at centre forward during every champions league match.............Magnier is a shareholder in the club......actually thats not true his company is a sharholder in the club.........he isn't the chairman, he isn't even on the board, so sacking fergie isn't in his powers.

Originally posted by Doc_Rule
Fergie out!
Houllier in!

Since when have man utd been accepting rejects from liverpool???

Originally posted by Jern Lizardhous
that's another reason,he doesn't really have a case,take a present and then start demanding more like a petulant child.

until he drops this case,the character assassination will continue until he is a broken man,the corruption of United will be blatantly exposed.

is it worth it?

Hell yea........i mean its £220 million here ..............HELLO............fergie knows he isn't gonna lose his job and he knows he has the backing of the man utd board.....make no doubt about it, he is the one and only reason why man utd have been so successful in the past 10 years, and sacking him would be like shooting youself in the leg, then the other leg, then one arm, then both bollocks.

And even if he didn't have the backing of the club..........I'd say "fcuk the job mate, I'm taking my £220 mil"

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
United announce transfer review

Manchester United have issued a statement to the Stock Exchange announcing a thorough internal review of recent transfer dealings.

Sir Roy Gardner and the plc board have published the club's policies and procedures on player transfers and contract negotiations, in response to media speculation.

Here is the statement in full?

Following recent press reports, Sir Roy Gardner and the PLC Board of Manchester United today publishes its well-established policies and procedures in respect to player transfers and contract negotiations.

A clear and distinct demarcation of responsibilities has been in place for at least as long as Manchester United has been listed on the London Stock Exchange:

The PLC board determines the player contract and acquisition/disposal strategy and agrees the financial framework for the execution of that strategy. The club manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, is not a director of either the PLC or the football club.

Sir Alex Ferguson identifies potential targets and recommends purchases and sales, but is not involved in financial and contractual aspects of negotiations with any of the first team players, agents or clubs.

The executive directors, led by the chief executive, David Gill, handle all transaction and contract negotiations. All first team squad deals must be approved by the PLC board.

Fully qualified legal advice is taken in all cases which are completed in strict accordance with Fifa, FA and FAPL rules. It should be noted that payments in respects to transfers, including those made to agents, are made via the FA or FAPL.

Manchester United annually discloses details of all material (over £25,000) player transactions and contracts, including all fees and commissions paid by Manchester United to agents in a formal report (Schedule D) to the FAPL. This report is signed by each director of the football club board and reviewed by independent external auditors in accordance with FAPL regulation and must be submitted to the FAPL within 10 months of the end of the financial year.

Manchester United has a clear policy statement on the announcement of all player transfers with all significant player transfers announced through the London Stock Exchange before any other public confirmation.

With effect from the current transfer window, Manchester United will provide additional information on transfer deals. This started with last Friday's announcement (23rd January 2004) of the purchase of the registration of Louis Saha which included details of commissions paid to agents. This information will be provided in all future Stock Exchange announcements.

In accordance with the specific undertaking given at the company's last Annual General Meeting, the Board will consider whether any further additional disclosure should be included in next year's annual report.

Manchester United believes its processes and policies are among the most rigorous in football. Although the media have reported various allegations, Manchester United has received no documentary evidence from any party to support these allegations. However, the Board of Manchester United will conduct a thorough internal review of the recent transfer dealings. Any changes or improvements in controls required ascertained from this review would be published and implemented before the next transfer window in June 2004.

In addition, the company intends to seek support from the FA Premier League for new guidelines in respect of dealing with agents.

Manchester United reaffirms that it complies fully with the current combined code of corporate governance as disclosed in its annual report year-ended 31 July 2003. Both the NAPF and PIRC confirm this compliance. In addition, the company is taking steps to ensure that it complies with all aspects of the new code of corporate governance, which comes into effect for Manchester United PLC in the year-ended 31st July 2005.

·
63,337 Posts
I wasn't backing Magnier,i think he's a stubborn little shit. :D

i was just pointing out that he's a powerful stubborn little shit,this guy will bear a grudge to the grave and Ferguson is putting the club at great risk,Magnier will uncover everything,we'll probably find out how many parking tickets Fergie has had,whether he wears ladies underwear in his spare time.:D

i just think he 's moved into the premier league of backstabbing,unscrupulous skullduggery,and i don't think he knows what he's letting himself in for. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Shaf said:
Magnier's a cu*nt who's probably realized that this is the only way the he could get back at Fergie.

Fvck him!the club's bigger than him.
When he takes control of the club, he'll be just as big as the club.

D

·
0 Posts
kingkobra83 said:

Secondly, the chances of Fergie losing his job are very very slim.....probably as slim as magnier replacing Ruud at centre forward during every champions league match.............Magnier is a shareholder in the club......actually thats not true his company is a sharholder in the club.........he isn't the chairman, he isn't even on the board, so sacking fergie isn't in his powers.

You should have a think about that. Magnier and McManus are the biggest share-holders in United, along with other close friends of theirs who own large stakes in the club, they theoretically have control of 52%of the club, now it's well within their power to call and Emergency General meeting, cast a vote of no confidence in the board, take control of the club and sack Fergie, new contract or no new contract.

If Magnier decides that he wants Fergie out of United, you better believe Fergie will be out of United.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Fergie's share in the horse gave him no right to any stud fees. His interest in the horse was to end when the horse retired, the horse then became the property of Magnier. Fergie got greedy when he heard about all the money and has kicked up a big fuss which could lead him to the unemployment line.
Which horse are we talking about exactly?? :D Doc, you need to start differentiating the race horse and game horse coz this can get confusing! ;)

:howler:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts