Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't have been worth the while and heartbreak to ask for worst moments cos May 4th would have come to the top of everyones mind and to think on the same day the year prior to this we'd secured the FA cup- how fickle football can be eh? Here are a few that spring to mind and in no particular order.

1) May 17th FA cup final v Soton- wasn't a classic, didn't compensate for the league but another trophy under AW and more importantly we overtook the wheel brakes cup wins record. Getting a bit brassed off with continual treks to Baa'diff not to mention paying a fiver to enter cymru (this toll rate keeps seeming to increase! grrr)

2) Nov 8th v SCUM -We were simply awful, just not at the races at all, Ralph had his poorest ever showing in red and white, Gilberto upto this point in the season had been impressive then decided to let it all go down the pan! We created little until Le Boss introduced Dennis from the bench. In all we were exceptionally poor and just didnt seem to want it but the underlying factor in it remains- WE BEAT THE SCUM 2-1.....

3) Nov 25th v Inter Milan- now this one i'll definately grow grey with! oh what a night! you could feel it from the very outset- Gooners in the duomo sq that afternoon were exceptional and the locals definately took a likening to us (yours truly struck it lucky with a milanese sort whilst out there, sorry lads had to get that in!) Prior to kick off we were pelted with just about everything imaginable from the above tier...... and how did we respond? With a full on chorus of SWING LOW! A massive flag of St George was unveiled which read across it: ENGLISH AND PROUD, accompanied by our rendition of Swing Low you knew there was only going to be one winner! Kick off time and we belted out TOTNUMB WATCHING EASTENDERS.... and come the final whistle it had turned to ..FIVE ONE IN THE SAN SIRO..... and INTER MILAN... YER AVIN A LARF!!! Definately one of the proudest nights of my life thus far *wipes away tear*

WE ALL FOLLOW THE ARSENAL
OVER LAND AND SEA (AND LEICESTER)
WE ALL FOLLOW THE ARSENAL
ONTO VIC-TORY

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
not really a moment but the emergence of Kolo Touré as one of the finest Centre halves in the land,and also the best right back by a distance. ;)

if only we had two of him,one for each position. :cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Get YAYA and play him at RB and it's problem solved. Kolo isn't the best RB in the league though. Carr and Finnan are better.

·
63,337 Posts
I like Finnan but he's been out for ages,Kolo is the best by a distance of current playing,Finnan will have to be very very good to beat Kolo's displays at RB,where he has been sublime. :cool:

as for Carr,i don't rate him at all,no finesse,another Danny Mills for me. :tongue:

and Yaya hasn't got European passport yet,we have to wait for him to play more games for Ivory,he's a midfield though.

·
63,337 Posts
i find it difficult to believe anyone who watched Kolo last night would put Steve Carr ahead of him,even a lot of Spurs fans agree he's shit. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
yeah he was excellent last night

for a defender he certainly continues to pop up in the opposition box alot. trouble is he never seems to have any idea what to do with the ball when he's there!

·
63,337 Posts
he was superb against Bolton,Blackburn and Wolves also,layed one on for Dennis,almost scored with a thunderbolt,layed in Dennis for another at Bolton with a great run but he missed. ;)

brilliant strength in the tackle,sure passing and ability to dribble,also has a devilish cross.

he's so much better than Carr it just aint funny :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
if cygan can be consistent like this few weeks, id probably rather play kolo than lauren at RB.. and yes Jern, he is definitely better than carr ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts