Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I still want to know what's in that stuff...yet again a player falls down in pain screaming and holding his leg, in this case it was Silva of Uruguay, and the trainer comes out, sprays him with that magic spray and the player gets up sprinting....what is in there....;)

By the way, I remember in the last World Cup, i thought that this was the funniest thing I ever saw...a player gets hit, falls down holding his shoulder, the trainer comes out, hands half the team a drink, and then sprays the injured players LEG!!! Of course he got up and was fine.....:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
For anyone who watches baseball; for years the Blue Jays trainer would spray a players injury in the same way that soccer trainers do. The announcers used to say it was ethyl flouride or ethyl chloride. It's been a while since I've listened to those baseball announcers, but I always assumed it was the same thing they sprayed in soccer. Something to temporarily numb the region, I assumed.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Figo Rules said:
I always assumed it was the same thing they sprayed in soccer. Something to temporarily numb the region, I assumed.

It's very cold and numbs the area sprayed.

A few years ago I a Mexican leage match were a player got a groin injury and the trainer pulled the player's shorts up and sprayed the freezing stuff directly onto the guy's groin.

....needless to say, he screamed alot.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think it's the same stuff you spray onto electrical parts to blow the dust off.

I was always partial to the magic sponge.:cool:

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, I also loved that magic sponge...I'm telling you, that spray and the sponge, I'm sure if scientists studied it, that it could cure diseases, ailments, and the common cold...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts