Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7426243.stm

Robben didn't waste time in reminding Europe of his attacking craft and quality as the Real Madrid winger showed flashes of his brilliant best as he gave rookie full-back Chris Gunter a torrid time down the Dutch right-flank.

On one occasion Robben waltzed past the Tottenham defender as if he wasn't there to tee-up up club-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy.

And it was no surprise that Robben was the man to make the 50,000 capacity De Kuip crowd go wild as he man made a mockery of the Wales defence once again.

The ex-Chelsea man capitalised on Carl Robinson's misplaced header to sprint 40 yards past Gunter and slide the ball past helpless Hennessey.

---------------------------------------------

:proud:

That's why I don't care about Quaresma.

Robben > Quaresma.

I am sure Robben will have a brilliant Euro 2008 and come back to Madrid in optimum form.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
He was just brilliant,in the last game he was man of the match as well. You can see that he's extremely self confident, he has this style of play which absolutely humiliates his opponents.

I hope he can stay fit.

Let's not start a Quaresma vs. Robben discussion. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm sure Quaresma would rape Wales' defence as easily as Robben plus he would provide many more useful crosses:pp Although it is nice to hear he is still in form

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
:proud:

That's why I don't care about Quaresma.

Robben > Quaresma.

I am sure Robben will have a brilliant Euro 2008 and come back to Madrid in optimum form.
Robben's superior because he tormented some rookie full-back named Chris Gunter, or because he capitalized on a mistake by a player who plays here for Toronto friggin' FC(Carl Robinson)?

Come on, Quaresma would do the same thing with ease. I think that's a ridiculous reason to try and justify your opinion. You're entitled to it, but to say "that's why I don't care about Quaresma" over beating some Welsh rookie... that's just silly.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robben's superior because he tormented some rookie full-back named Chris Gunter, or because he capitalized on a mistake by a player who plays here for Toronto friggin' FC(Carl Robinson)?

Come on, Quaresma would do the same thing with ease. I think that's a ridiculous reason to try and justify your opinion. You're entitled to it, but to say "that's why I don't care about Quaresma" over beating some Welsh rookie... that's just silly.
Come on Josh, you know I would never compare players based on just one match. That would be fruitless and nonsensical. What I was trying to get at was Robben returning close to his best form, a level I believe to be superior to that of Quaresma.

Robinho and Robben are better than Quaresma for me.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'll take the form Quaresma shows over the full season than the form Robben shows over two or three months.

Let's leave it at that.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Robben, Quaresma and Robinho can play together.
Well, the position those three might occupy must be considered. For instance, Robinho as a support striker/forward (his, I believe, best position) . . . however, I do not think that either Raul or Ruud would be dropped without some difficulty occurring.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Quaresma was pretty bad against Georgia, didnt impress me at all.... Overrated player. And everyone will get to see it AGAIN when he goes to a foreign club. On the other hand:

Robben Robinho C.Ronaldo
Ruud

The 4 Rs. :)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Daopica, Quaresma was given the third highest rating in the Portuguese papers on yesterday's game. Check the Portuguese forum, everybody listed him as one of the better players in the game. Your bias is showing again.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Robben seems to be completely fit again and free from any injuries.
You really noticed that he plays with big confidence and it showed today.

This time it was just Wales but still, the "old" Robben seems to be back again.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I am sure Robben will have a brilliant Euro 2008 and come back to Madrid in optimum form.[/QUOTE] you mean that he'll come back injured :pp I dont think anyone in the world would doubt the talent this guy does possess, its just his injuries with fit and in form Robben and Robinho we can easily win the CL .... but lets hope this happens

·
Registered
62,100 Posts

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Cannavaro just went to the hospital. Pray for him.:cry:

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Just pray damnit.:pp

1 - 20 of 337 Posts