Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Macedonians not playing for NT

Until Macedonia makes a Euro or World CUP we will not see players pick Macedonia over the country they may live in. Goran Slavkovski will be told by all his handlers to play for Sweden. And not because he can say that he played in some elite competitions, but because those competitions are the best way to market your ability. Marek Jankulovski would never have played for teams like AC Milan and made the money he has made had he not been a prominent fixture on the world stage for the Czech Republic. I would never doubt Goran Pandev's loyalty to the National Team, yet I wonder hypothetically what would have happened had Goran played for a youth team in Sweden when he was say 14. He would have gotten his Swedish Nationality after five years. And I'm almost positive he would have been hounded to play for Sweden. In a way I can't blame the players. If Goran Pandev was Croatian he probably would have made the Euro 2004 team and showcased himself. Instead he has tried so hard to prove himself at Lazio. I may be biased but I believe he is Lazio's one true gem (because of his age), he is 23 and has been in on as many goals as Rocchi with much less time on the field. Oddo, Lazio's great defender gets all the attention, maybe deservedly so, but Pandev doesn't get a sniff. Ibrahimovic's goal in Holland was talked about for a longtime, yet when Goran dribbled through the worldclass defence of Juventus it didn't get much airtime because no one knows who Pandev is, and more importantly where Macedonia is on the map. Lazio's former defender/midfielder Cesar was linked with a move to Inter for half the year yet he was not playing and when he was playing was in horrible form. I couldn't believe Inter wanted him. Then I started thinking; he was good last year and more importantly is Brazilian. Pedigree means so much. If Macedonia makes Euro 2008 they could showcase themselves not so much individually but as a nation that produces world class players, much like Greece did in Euro 2004. Many unproven young Greek players are now being given a look in elite leagues because managers believe greeks have a certain quality needed to suceed because of the teams showing 2 years ago.
Hopefully Pandev and his mates can make a big final in the near future

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
MACYMANU said:
Until Macedonia makes a Euro or World CUP we will not see players pick Macedonia over the country they may live in. Goran Slavkovski will be told by all his handlers to play for Sweden. And not because he can say that he played in some elite competitions, but because those competitions are the best way to market your ability. Marek Jankulovski would never have played for teams like AC Milan and made the money he has made had he not been a prominent fixture on the world stage for the Czech Republic. I would never doubt Goran Pandev's loyalty to the National Team, yet I wonder hypothetically what would have happened had Goran played for a youth team in Sweden when he was say 14. He would have gotten his Swedish Nationality after five years. And I'm almost positive he would have been hounded to play for Sweden. In a way I can't blame the players. If Goran Pandev was Croatian he probably would have made the Euro 2004 team and showcased himself. Instead he has tried so hard to prove himself at Lazio.
Well some people never thought Latvia would ever make a major tourney and yet they got to Euro 2004 and i dont buy this idea if he played for a better NT he would be recognized more because not many people knew about the Ivory Coast NT before Drogba got them to the WC this year so IMO if Pandev does what he does and with a coach like Katanec anything is possible in the future. Plus dont forget he still hasnt been given a true chance to prove himself at Lazio because Di Canio is still in his way taking up his minutes.

U

·
0 Posts
Macmanu its tru what you told but i told this allready in one of the Goran Slavkovski topics! Its normal that the agent what him in a strong as possible NT for the reasons you told.... But lets hope they can ignor the agents as much as possible... Rade told MS last day that he will play for Macedonia so lets hope this family are people who stand to the words...

BTW welcome to the forum...

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
Ambis said:
Well some people never thought Latvia would ever make a major tourney and yet they got to Euro 2004 and i dont buy this idea if he played for a better NT he would be recognized more because not many people knew about the Ivory Coast NT before Drogba got them to the WC this year so IMO if Pandev does what he does and with a coach like Katanec anything is possible in the future. Plus dont forget he still hasnt been given a true chance to prove himself at Lazio because Di Canio is still in his way taking up his minutes.

what IMO means?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ivory coast have been highly ranked for the last eight years and they were supposed to make the world cup in 2002. They have many players in the big leagues, and Drogba had the choice of playing for only one country. Had El- Hadji Diouf been offered a spot on the French NT he would have taken it rather than playing for Senegal. The good news is that the players who could choose either France or Senegal to play for, now know that the Senegalese can compete with the big boys. Maybe more of these players will choose Senegal rather than France to play for.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
MACYMANU said:
The Ivory coast have been highly ranked for the last eight years and they were supposed to make the world cup in 2002. They have many players in the big leagues, and Drogba had the choice of playing for only one country. Had El- Hadji Diouf been offered a spot on the French NT he would have taken it rather than playing for Senegal. The good news is that the players who could choose either France or Senegal to play for, now know that the Senegalese can compete with the big boys. Maybe more of these players will choose Senegal rather than France to play for.
Playing for your native born country is something very special and no matter how much money or citizenships your given nothing will take that away from you or at least thats what i think.

U

·
0 Posts
MACYMANU:

Da bidime iskreni,, najgolemiot problem sto ne mozime da privlecime igraci kako Jankulovski i Mozebi Slavkovski e sostojbata vo nashiot fudbal,, jas sum 1000% siguren deka Rade e mnogu dobro informiran okolu site nastani vo nashiot fudbal i koj tatko bi sakal da pusti sin vo takov hous? aj iskreno kazi? Rade mnogu pati u godinata doajga vo MK i poslednit pat beshe vo Dekembar pred ovaj sega... Sigurno cita prati vesnicki gleda na satelit..

TRebame da imame i razbiranje okolu ova i ne vednash da kazime ne se patrioti,,, tuku ima i drugi raboti sto se vo uloga za zal, nemam organizacija vo nashiot fudbal sto privlekuva takvi seriozni igracii... I Pandev ke igrashe za druga drzava dokolku imashe moznost, nemame organizacija.

Vidi samo U-19 selekcijata,, patuvat vo Hrvatska so edno zname i bes pripremi, toa go nema nigde pa kako nie da ocekuvame uspesi vo nashiot sport? protivnickite lezat eden mesec vo kamp a nie? ova e isto vo sekoj nas sport, rekometarot lazarov istoto go kaza pred eden mesec.

I zamislejte kakvi dobri resultati napraveja U-19 momcite vo Hrvatska i vo Turcija bes pripremi i sto mozeshe da bide so jaki pripremi i uslovi,, imame mnogu jaki talenti vo mnogu sportovi eve U-19 ali ne im se dava realni sansi

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Liechtenstein [1 - 3] Australia

8' [1 - 0] L. Neill (o.g.)

20' [1 - 1] M. Sterjovski

75' [1 - 2] J. Kennedy

83' [1 - 3] J. Aloisi

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
merek jankulovski mile sterjovski saso petrovski kako bi ni pomognale ovie igraci i sigurno ima poveke taka da aj da pravime muabet za ova

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Naum said:
Nemat pravo da nastapuvat za Makedonija.... Zato mueabtot bi bil badiala bidejki ne mozat da pomognat..
sega da nemaast ali pred da nastapile za drugite ekipi so koj sto denes igraat imale zasto nemale?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Naum said:
Nemat pravo da nastapuvat za Makedonija.... Zato mueabtot bi bil badiala bidejki ne mozat da pomognat..
Абсолутно дека имат. Ако имат мајка, татко на пример од Македонија, можат да го одберат тој пасош и да бидат дел од репрезентацијата ;)

Дел од тие проблеми се, тие сакаат да играт со покомпетентна екипа во голема сцена, и нашиве скаперници не направиле ништо да ги повикат...Јас се чудам како успеавме со Славковски.

Сегашната екипа добро ги го искористила Јанкуловски како крило, а Штерјовски со Пандев да бидат главната средина...ама тоа се сонови сега само, мораме напред да градиме со талентите што ги имаме.

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
ChieF said:
Абсолутно дека имат. Ако имат мајка, татко на пример од Македонија, можат да го одберат тој пасош и да бидат дел од репрезентацијата ;)

Naum govorese za momcite koi gi spomna Trendo, kako Sterjovski i Jankulovski. ;) a tie nemaat pravo da igraat za nas bidejki veke igrale za Avstralija odnosno Ceska.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Dont we already have a thread like this!? :rollani:

Man might aswell go open up another thread about "Our Internationals" :rollani:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Harry Potter said:
I found the old thread and merged it.
bravo be batka

·
Registered
207 Posts
Harry Potter said:
Naum govorese za momcite koi gi spomna Trendo, kako Sterjovski i Jankulovski. ;) a tie nemaat pravo da igraat za nas bidejki veke igrale za Avstralija odnosno Ceska.
Да, тоа во ред, такви се правилата, но велам кога се млади, имат шанса да играт за нас пред да заиграт за матичната земја...И Штерјовски и Јанкуловски можеа да бидат примерени од ФФМ и од премиерот како што му беше нашравено на Славковски. Мислам дека и двојцата би играле за нас доколку им се даде воља и просперитет, ама тоа е минато сега, требало да ја искористиме шансата кога Штерјо или Јанкуловски биле испод 21 година:smileani:

А замисли Јанко да игра крило за нас, а Штерјо у средина, јаооо:pp

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
ChieF said:
Да, тоа во ред, такви се правилата, но велам кога се млади, имат шанса да играт за нас пред да заиграт за матичната земја...И Штерјовски и Јанкуловски можеа да бидат примерени од ФФМ и од премиерот како што му беше нашравено на Славковски. Мислам дека и двојцата би играле за нас доколку им се даде воља и просперитет, ама тоа е минато сега, требало да ја искористиме шансата кога Штерјо или Јанкуловски биле испод 21 година:smileani:

А замисли Јанко да игра крило за нас, а Штерјо у средина, јаооо:pp
potpolno toa go zboram bravo si razbral batka

1 - 20 of 38 Posts