Xtratime Community banner

5621 - 5640 of 5652 Posts

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
The following Macedonian players will play in European Competitions this season:

UCL 2014/15

Agim Ibraimi - Maribor (Slovenia)
Goran Pandev - Galatasaray (Turkey)

UEL 2014/15

Besart Abdulrahimi - Lokeren (Belgium)
Arijan Ademi - Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia)
Muarem Muarem - Qarabag (Azerbaijan)

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
The following Macedonian players will play in European Competitions this season:

UCL 2014/15

Agim Ibraimi - Maribor (Slovenia)
Goran Pandev - Galatasaray (Turkey)

UEL 2014/15

Besart Abdulrahimi - Lokeren (Belgium)
Arijan Ademi - Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia)
Muarem Muarem - Qarabag (Azerbaijan)
Everyone's teams got knocked-out of Europe before the New Year :palm:

Pandev will most likely leave Gala in January as he has struggled to fit in there.

Hopefully we see a few more players move on to better things in January

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
No but Qarabag and Maribor did much better than expected and had a chance up until the last moment!

Lokeren also exceeded expectations

As expected Dinamo Zagreb continue to suck in Europe but more surprisingly Galatasaray and Pandev completely sucked this season - only 1 point from 6 games - come on!

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Agim Ibraimi was named Macedonian Player of the Year

I read in an Australian-Macedonian newspaper this week that the likes of Southampton, Feyenoord and PSV have all shown interest in him.

Personally, i would love to see him in Eindhoven

·
Registered
108 Posts
Man, Ibraimi is one of the players I wish Albania contacted from the start. Absolutely class player, and you guys are very lucky to have him. He has the ability to play in every top European league but I think he would suit the Bundesliga the most, maybe like a Mkhitaryan role like in Dortmund, who knows. I'm not sure what would be better for his career though as I don't really follow the Dutch league, but he needs to get out of Maribor as soon as possible lol.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I think he did quite well in a poor Cagliari side last season but he decided to stay in Maribor because of UCL football

Nevertheless i think it's too much of a big step going from the Slovenian league to the EPL or Bundesliga.

The Dutch League would be a perfect step for him imo. Lesser players have come there and succeeded thus earning themselves a transfer to one of the top 5 leagues in Europe.

·
inbred amoeba
3,739 Posts
Macedonian International midfielder Stefan Spirovski moves from Beroe Stara Zagora, Bulgaria to Vardar Skopje. He didn't get much playing time at Beroe, but the little I have seen from him, I liked it. A fighter.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Yeah, he is a decent player who has always been on the fringes of our NT. He will be a great player for our domestic league though.

Vardar have also signed Pachovski (Current NT Goalkeeper), Blazhevski (from Azerbaijan) and Popov (ex-Dynamo Kiev and WBA) will also be available to start playing for them.

They are pretty much guaranteed the league title at this rate.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Very highly rated at Rabotnički - he won the title with them last season where he was a regular in the 2nd half of the season (mainly playing LW but also can play on the RW)

Young Boys also snapped him up in the summer when he was 17 but had to wait until January until he was 18 to officially sign him

He also debuted in a friendly for us making him the youngest ever player to play for our NT. Obviously he can still switch to Albania because it was just 2 friendly matches.

This season he played pretty bad though. No assists or goals in 12 appearances. In a lot of those games he didn't play the full 90 minutes. This could be down to his head not being there (already in Switzerland) or the usual highs and lows of an 18 year old trying to make it as a footballer in a league of thugs

Tbh i've only seen him only in highlight reels and in 1 friendly live (vs Montenegro U21's) as i don't watch the Macedonian League.

All in all he has potential but again - he is only 18 years old - very raw. Jasir Asani for example is having a much better season than him this time around at Vardar.

P.S. you can refer to him as Seferi btw - it is his 'real surname'. I don't think the guy or his family have ever heard that you can change your surname once you become an adult :howler:

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
actually Jasir Asani doesnt have a good season. he is playing for Vardar as they must have one U21 player in the first 11, but so far he has been terrible according to those who follow Vardar.

Tauljant Sulejmanov is talented, but time will tell if he would use that talent or end up as most of the talented Macedonian players. at the moment he isnt a senior nt quality, he was given a chance in those two friendlies as a reward for his good form in our league and the youth nts.

regarding his last name, Sulejmanov remains official, he will simply use Seferi on the back of the shirt. like Vladimir Dimitrovski who uses Dadi or Stevica Ristikj who uses Stevo.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Why did he change his name to Sulejmanov?
It was a Yugoslav policy at one stage to change Albanian surnames to slavic sounding ones i.e. ending in ov, ev or ski in Macedonia, predominantly to ić in other republics

So he didn't change his name at all but officially (in his birth certificate etc.) it is still Sulejmanov

He likes to be called Seferi as you can tell by his Facebook and that he will have Seferi on that back of his shirt - which as HP said was his family surname once upon a time

My point was that why not officially change his surname from Sulejmanov back to Seferi if he prefers it. It's caused a lot of confusion already :D

5621 - 5640 of 5652 Posts