UEFA Champions League Second Qualifying Round

Matches to be played on 14/15 July & 21/22 July

APOEL FC (CYP) vs FK Vardar

UEFA Europa League First Qualifying Round

Matches to be played on the 2nd & 9th of July

KF Renova vs FC Dacia Chisinau (MDA)

KF Shkëndija vs Aberdeen FC (SCO)

FC Flora Talinn (EST) vs FK Rabotnički
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very tough draws for Vardar and Shkëndija where both teams will be considerable underdogs

Meanwhile, Rabotnički (our only seeded team in the draw) and Renova have good chances of progressing to the next stage of qualifying

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the 'KF' clubs Albanian ones?
Yep

Shkëndija have actually got a decent squad - the second best apart from Vardar but they got a hard draw

Renova are rubbish (anyone can come 4th in our piss poor league) but they got an easy draw on the other hand

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Renova vs Dacia has been rescheduled to 18:00 CET on Tuesday, 30th of June due to only 1 stadium (Phillip II Arena) in the whole country meeting UEFA standards

Shkëndija vs Aberdeen remains on Thursday, 2nd of July at 21:05 CET, also at the Phillip II Arena

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Renova vs Dacia has been rescheduled to 18:00 CET on Tuesday, 30th of June due to only 1 stadium (Phillip II Arena) in the whole country meeting UEFA standards

Shkëndija vs Aberdeen remains on Thursday, 2nd of July at 21:05 CET, also at the Phillip II Arena
Shkendija will rebuild it's stadium and it will soon meet UEFA standarts. Seems weird though that only one stadium meets UEFA standarts in Macedonia while you invested billions of € for Shkupi project .

Shkendija's new stadium will be similar to Elbasan Arena (4 million € project).

[tub]dr_V1rF6z_M[/tub]

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shkendija will rebuild it's stadium and it will soon meet UEFA standarts. Seems weird though that only one stadium meets UEFA standarts in Macedonia while you invested billions of € for Shkupi project .

Shkendija's new stadium will be similar to Elbasan Arena (4 million € project).
Well it's not only Shkendija's stadium but also the home stadium of 2 other clubs (Renova and Teteks) which is actually part of the problem

The stadium already held around 15 000 people (not that it was ever full) but the pitch and the stands were in terrible condition. Plus there was no drainage system, floodlights etc.

A stadium upgrade that will meet UEFA standards was announced in Bitola as well. Hopefully both actually get completed

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
0-0 at HT between Shkendija and Aberdeen.

Another Scottish club, St Johnstone, suffered quite a bad defeat earlier today against the Armenian side Alashkert.

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
Hopefully Shkendija passes through , it's very difficult and sincerely i had 0 hopes on both albanian teams from Macedonia . I saw the lineup of Shkendija and well getting back Cuculi gives more breath to the defensive line.
Shpetim Duro is a good coach and he has already showed that in Macedonia two seasons ago. He knows the club , and his mourigno style lineups always surprise me.

Kirovski's goal:
[tub]uoFxnMNjRqs[/tub]

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I expected more from Renova tbh. Even though they don't have any solid players, losing to a Moldovian side at home is never a good thing

Shkendija did well but i'm not sure they can hold their own in Scotland

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
Renova is a bad team. they lack quality, skills, everything. but simply, every other team were worst or equaly bad as them, so it doesnt really matter if they play EL or someone else, the final result would still be early elimination.

The stadium already held around 15 000 people (not that it was ever full) but the pitch and the stands were in terrible condition. Plus there was no drainage system, floodlights etc.
the stadium capacity is 9.760, not 15.000. maybe it was 15.000 before the seats were introduced.

wow, wow, wow... bilions? I know the owners of Shkupi have money, but far from bilions. they not even close to those od Vardar and Shkendija. and they did renovated their Chair stadium, but its still not a stadium for UEFA games.

·
Registered
69,254 Posts
Rabotnicki came from behind and advanced to the next round and they got some luck as well with Jelgava beating Litex Lovech on away goals meaning Rabotnicki face the Latvians in the next round. Rabotnicki couldn't ask for a better draw though Jelgava shouldn't be underestimated after eliminating a Bulgarian side

Shkendija apparently gave Aberdeen a legit scare but they lose on away goals. From what I read they created some good chances but failed to convert and the Aberdeen fans are angry :D

Renova lost badly to Dacia

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
wow, wow, wow... bilions? I know the owners of Shkupi have money, but far from bilions. they not even close to those od Vardar and Shkendija. and they did renovated their Chair stadium, but its still not a stadium for UEFA games.

You missunderstood me ! I meant "Skopje 2014" project draining houndrieds of millions from your budget or new loans. No info or idea about the Çair stadium or Shkupi team, i guess they won't be staying long in your Superleague so no need to have two Uefa licensed stadiums in Shkup while there could be 3-4 dispersed in other cities ... Don't think that Shkupi team will reach Shkendija's levels although newly promoted teams are bloodthirsty of results ...

Btw Shkendija tied 0:0 away unfortunately. Good luck to your other teams who'll play next rounds althrough these topics last few weeks for us so meet you again in one year :D Tung!

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rabotnicki came from behind and advanced to the next round and they got some luck as well with Jelgava beating Litex Lovech on away goals meaning Rabotnicki face the Latvians in the next round. Rabotnicki couldn't ask for a better draw though Jelgava shouldn't be underestimated after eliminating a Bulgarian side

Shkendija apparently gave Aberdeen a legit scare but they lose on away goals. From what I read they created some good chances but failed to convert and the Aberdeen fans are angry :D

Renova lost badly to Dacia
Massive chance for Rabotnicki this time around to get to the 3rd qualifying round :excited:

Shkendija can be proud of what they've achieved. 2 draws against a respectable team (hardest one to be encountered by the Macedonian EL teams). Also, the signings of Hasani and Radeski were particularly late so you wonder what could have been if they had played longer with their team mates.

Renova :yuck:

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
You missunderstood me ! I meant "Skopje 2014" project draining houndrieds of millions from your budget or new loans. No info or idea about the Çair stadium or Shkupi team, i guess they won't be staying long in your Superleague so no need to have two Uefa licensed stadiums in Shkup while there could be 3-4 dispersed in other cities ... Don't think that Shkupi team will reach Shkendija's levels although newly promoted teams are bloodthirsty of results ...
they just signed a korear player, but yes, I dont expect them to match Vardar, Shkendija and Rabotnichki.

btw, the stadiums in Tetovo, Shtip, Strumica and Bitola are already under construction, so no need to worry ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts