Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clamoroso: il bomberino azzurro dell'Empoli strappato da Moggi a Roma e Milan. C'e' il si' del giocatore e dell'Empoli: accordo sulla base di 13 milioni di euro

According to Coriere dello sport he's signed for Juve. I find it strange no one has posted about it yet, anyway Maccarone is easily better then Zalayeta and co and he'll be important for the future aswell.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Please let it be true!!, please,please!!!:hopefull::hopefull::hopefull::hopefull:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Empoli have denied the story. It's between us Roma and Parma, but as it stands, nothing has been sorted.

Long time no see Nick, welcome back;)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I haven't seen this guy yet, but I have seen Guzman, Zalayeta, Salas and Amoruso already. Instead of buying Maccarone we had better promote young and really strong players like Pericard, Guzman.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
So nothing official yet, eh ?

Massimo Maccarone was born in 1979. He scored 16 goals last year with Serie B side Empoli, and he has 10 to his account this season.

I don't know what exactly to think about him. I saw him just once, the other day when Italy defeated England in Leeds. He didn't leave me any impression. I need to see more of him to judge.

He might be a good addition to our squad (we have to inflate our effectives, remember?) but I hope this is not done to Mutu's expense cause I rather have the Romanian even though we can have 2 Maccarone's for 1 Mutu.

I tend to agree with Nyuka tho. Let's make room for our own young talents such as Guzman (who gave me quite a good impression against Arsenal) and, to a lesser extent (though I shouldn't underestimate French youth schools products - they do wonders), Péricard.

I'm waiting for an official statement.

PS - Good to have you back, NN. :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
that is strange, i thought we had enough forwards after signing mutu and salas coming back.

we should let amoruso and zalayeta leave, hopefully anyway.

we have

del piero
trezeguet
salas
mutu
maccarone

and we shoudl see pericard and guzman come up into seniros as well.

heaps of talent there......maybe del piero could be our playmaker next season, that why we are boosting for more strikers.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
nasty nick is back...that's great... :happy:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
CUG said:
maybe del piero could be our playmaker next season, that why we are boosting for more strikers.
To me, Alex closed the "playmaker" chapter. He's stated several times that he doesn't feel like one, he is a forward even though we've seen him in that position in the past and perhaps in the future, on a couple of occasions. Alex is very active one his predilection flank, the left one, and in the center but he's nowhere on the right, which would be a problem if he was the one in charge of manoeuvres behind the two strikers. He's unselfish and likes to set up people, he did it more than once this season, ok. That belongs to his high registre, he's a support striker, a secunda punta (the best in Itly imo) who likes to make his partner score as much as he likes to score.

I'm sure we could assign someone more valuable on that specific playmaker role. Someone commited to that task, someone who feels like a playmaker. :)

We are boosting for more strikers so that we don't find ourselves compelled to field a Zalayeta-Amoruso partnership ( oh good Lord Jesus Christ :yuck: ). Hopefully, the nightmarrish lack of cover will be burried and forgotten next season.

Man, 6 strikers would be ideal if are to fight on 3 fronts. If someone's injured, we don't have to light a candle and pray all day long anymore. :tongue: And remember that rotation is the key. Players of clubs such as Juve play 60 matches per season, too many matchs per year, simple as that. The French NT doctor warned everyone the other day that soon, players won't keep the actual pace.

1) Del Piero... 2) Trézéguet... 3) Salas... 4) Mutu... 5) Maccarone... 6) Guzman/Péricard

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Maccarone is much-much better than Guzman & Pericard combined!
Besides, I'd rather see Juve help Italian youngsters!!!
And I don't give a damn about promoting foreign youngsters like Guzman & Pericard.
W/ Mutu & Maccarone Juve will be stronger.
I hope we'll sign Cannavaro or Nesta or both! :D
And don't forget about Doni!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts