Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to ONE, Loni's future partner has plans for next year and following the dissapointing season he wants to make some 'shocking' moves by selling players who are still under contract at the club. I can only guess the word 'shock' refers to seriously big names like Duarte, Rosso and possibly Berkovic.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
According to ONE, Loni's future partner has plans for next year and following the dissapointing season he wants to make some 'shocking' moves by selling players who are still under contract at the club. I can only guess the word 'shock' refers to seriously big names like Duarte, Rosso and possibly Berkovic.

Probably. I believe Berkovic will retire even though you never now his next step. Rosso is very certain to leave and so is Gonzalez, maybe Duarte will stay because there aren´t many striker options. Or maybe who knows if it is a major shock maybe Nimni will also leave. Maybe this injury he has now will seal it.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Technical question. Can you guys make LESS THREADS ??? We have too many threads with 4-5 replies.
We can post all rumours, news etc. here

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Loni and Rakhiv are meeting today to discuss the possible negotiation between them over Maccabi Tel Aviv. It is still not clear if Rakhiv will biuy the whole club or just a makor part of it, but he wants to make the deal so that Maccabi Tel Aviv doesn´t stay too behind the other big clubs in buying new players and specially the top Israeli ones.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the newspapers are coming out with the story that Caanen's future is in doubt. First they said his chances to remain looked positive, but following the recent run of defeats his position is weaker then before...moreover, a failure to beat Nazrath tomorrow would harm his chances even more.

Caanen's contract decision will be made on March 1st.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
And the newspapers are coming out with the story that Caanen's future is in doubt. First they said his chances to remain looked positive, but following the recent run of defeats his position is weaker then before...moreover, a failure to beat Nazrath tomorrow would harm his chances even more.

Caanen's contract decision will be made on March 1st.

After the Rakhiv rumours and Staruber´s possibility to leave after Caanen wanting him for next season, puts things in doubt for next season. I think he should stay, but his future will be a drama until March.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haaretz says Nitzan Shirazi has been approached by Maccabi as possible coach for next season.

I think Shirazi is an excellent coach who has done an amazing job at Bnei Yehuda. The move from a small to a bigger team with bigger pressure from everyone is not easy for anybody though so if it does go through it remains to be seen how successful he will be with the fans demanding fast success.

But it's early days although I believe Caanen should've heard by now that he is staying.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
Haaretz says Nitzan Shirazi has been approached by Maccabi as possible coach for next season.

I think Shirazi is an excellent coach who has done an amazing job at Bnei Yehuda. The move from a small to a bigger team with bigger pressure from everyone is not easy for anybody though so if it does go through it remains to be seen how successful he will be with the fans demanding fast success.

But it's early days although I believe Caanen should've heard by now that he is staying.
Shirazi is good, but in the moment i think Maccabi should stick Caanen, he will have the oportunity to build up the team and not getting a broken one.

Actually David Federman comment today about the galacticos and he admitted that is economically attractive, but in a professional manner it was a disaster to bring the galacticos in the same team. He said that Berkovic before signing warned him about this and that the team was being built in the wrong way and mentioned they were "three old horses" in the same team:D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
So in the next few weeks Maccabi´s future will be decided, Loni is negotiating with Rahkiv and onlt then they will decide about the coach issue. It seems the deal was to be set for this week, but it was postponed.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Shirazi and Shum are the only good Israeli coaches available, so it is not a bad idea. But I want to see what Caanen can do with his type of players for a whole season.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
ags said:
Shirazi and Shum are the only good Israeli coaches available, so it is not a bad idea. But I want to see what Caanen can do with his type of players for a whole season.
I agree with you, the only good Israeli coaches available to take the spot are Shirazi and Shum, but Shirazi has never exactly been in a big club so don´t know if how he will react or feel the pressure and Shum is good, but maybe too expensive unless Rahkiv opens his pocket.
But the truth is that i want Caanen to continue he has qualities and got a team broken apart and with the players he had he made improvements. I want to see next season with the players he choses to bring in how Maccabi will do.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
So it has been decided. Rahkiv will buy 51% of Maccabi Tel Aviv and has agreed the deal with Loni who is currently in Europe. Rahkiv will now search for new players and probably will decide about the future coach in a short period.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Once again reporters were asking Caanen about his future and now they came up with a new question ( our sports media sometimes irritates:D) if he would stay at Maccabi as a general manager ( which isn´t a bad idea actually). Caanen answered he doesn´t know anything about it and that for now he is only focused as a coach. Also he was asked for the 200th time if he will leave and i liked his answer:D take a look at the video on the link below

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3225357,00.html

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the question everyone are asking now is what happens/happened with Rakhiv. He keeps talking about his commitment to the team but from the looks of it he has 'lost his motivation or interest' according to Loni. Rakhiv only agreed to say he will pay what he promised (sponsoring Demetradze, Makinwa and Baqiri's contracts), no more talks about him buying the club at least for now...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Raanan said:
I think the question everyone are asking now is what happens/happened with Rakhiv. He keeps talking about his commitment to the team but from the looks of it he has 'lost his motivation or interest' according to Loni. Rakhiv only agreed to say he will pay what he promised (sponsoring Demetradze, Makinwa and Baqiri's contracts), no more talks about him buying the club at least for now...
Now this is getting like a novel just like happened in Hapoel with Leviev. So many talks and at the end nothing out of it. Now people connected to Rahkiv say that Loni wasn´t serious in negotiations and that his clauses weren´t clear and it seemed he was making it diffcicult for the deal to go through.
This story is still far away from finishing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts