Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to Davidovich? Is he still starting for Macabi?

Is benayoun going to be traded to a spanish team?

·
Registered
353 Posts
davidovitch will be the starting GK at haifa this year, awat left.

benayoun has already sidned(like ilan bachar) at racing santander.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maccabi haifa

who started for the Israel NT while Davidovich was injured?

Awatt was starting for Maccabi so where is going to go?

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
The person who replaced Davidovitch in the NT is Dudu Awatt. He was the one who replaced him for much of the WC Qualifiers.

Dudu was also a maccabi Haifa player. But he was only a loan there. Maccabi Haifa loaned Dudu for a season because of his injury. Dudu came from Hapoel Haifa and i belive is to be coming back, but there is talk that some teams have put intrest in him. Just to name a few places - England, Greece, Turkey and on top of that he has a French Passport (I belive?) so he can go ahead with the transfer which would be easy to deal with.

So for most of the games, we sent Dudu Awatt full time in net and Liran Struber in as a backup for him.

Davidovitch was recovering, but i think he was loaned to Hapoel Ashkelon or something. I am not sure, but i think it goes that way?

So now, with Grant being the NT, we would have to see if Davidovitch will get the 2nd change, or Awatt...And in everyone surprise it could be Shavit Elimelech from Hapoel Tel Aviv, due to his sensational performance last season at UEFA.

We will see come August 21st, we will see!;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Yoav, Davidovich missed the entire last season through that injury, although he did play a few unimportant games at the end. It'll really be interesting to see who Grant calls-up for the Lithuania game but my guess is that Elimelech would definitely be there (starter or not remains to be seen).

So just to complete what Yoav said tini, Awatt was loaned out to Maccabi Haifa and currently is Hapoel Haifa player (he does not have a contract for next season, though). His agents are trying to find him a club in Europe, plenty of names have been mentioned so far (AEK, Portsmouth, Ankaragouco, Trabzonspor) but nothing is true. The latest rumour says that Awatt is one of the names Fenerbahce is considering for next season, should Rustu sign with Man U. :rolleyes:

Weclome to the forum tinoisawesome. :)

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
But yea, i do hope to see Davidovitch in a Maccabi Haifa uniform hopefully next season. I do not belive that Davidovitch, eventhough he is a top player in all - in my case, would get any offers or loans since Maccabi Haifa is cutting back pretty much and will need his assitance real bad.

As for Awatt... I find it really intresting regarding the Fenerbahce. It will be nice to see him there, but do you think he can replay what Rustu has done for the team. After all, who is a better goal keeper? And if he goes to Man U, where is Barthez going to? France??? :)

As for Grant, im still hoping that Shavit will be called up. Davidovitch is still a good option, but one must remember he hasn't played many games, especially internationally one. So he will be on status quo. But then again. This is a Friendly so we can exhibit mr. Shavit's talents!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that really cleared up a lot.

Although Rustu is my favorite GK after Davidovich, I would have to say that Barthez is better. You said that Shavit did really well in the UEFA cup. Didn't he mess up on the goal (I think it was a Free Kick but i am not sure) by Rui Costa?

As for Awatt, If Rustu stays than I don't think he has a chance for Fenerbahce.

Could you tell me if the following players have left Maccabi, or the NT and if so, where?

Benado, Keisi, Berkovic, Atar, Cohen, Klashenko, Yacubu, Katan, and Badir.

Instead of getting Awatt for the season, why didn't they just use their substitute GK, Peretz?

How did Davidovich get injured?

THanks alot!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Based on current forms I rate Rustu as one of the best 3 in the world, Barthez is nowhere that. About Elimelech yes the Rui Costa goal was more or less his and the wall's fault.

Benado - No, stayed

Keisi - Stayed

Berkovic - Are you referring to Nir Berkovic? He left Haifa to Neve Yosef Haifa (youth team) 2 years ago, than moved to Rishon (didnt play at all) and now I hear he's with Hapoel Haifa. if u talking about Eyal than he left Maccabi Haifa 7 years ago I think, and currently plays for Man City in England

Atar - Yes. He was released by the new coach Itzhak Schum who said it's not respected for a player of his calibre to play 5-10 mins every game. the fans and atar felt enraged about the decision.

Cohen - Rafi Cohen stayed
Klashenko - left last year already and starred for Hapoel Tel Aviv in Europe
Yacubu - Left to Derby, but he cant get work permit so the court in England will discuss this at the 15th of July. If they decide he can't get a work permit, than either he returns to Haifa or being sold to another club in Europe.

Katan, and Badir - stayed, Badir requested by Besiktas and Rayo Vallecano.

Davidovich was having a great game with Spain until the 41th minute or so when he played with the ball stupiditly outside of the box. a spanish defender managed to kidnap the ball, while Davidovich turned his knee badly and injured it near the corner. meanwhile the spanish guy almost scored but a defender cleared off the line. another detail that should be given is that the spaniards played brutaly all the game and tried to bash Davidovich even before the incident as they realized he's playing amazing. However no relation between their attempts and the incident I told about.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Davidovitch still has some, but he needs to be trained! I think this month and next he needs to focus on his playng and hopefully improve it. Im not sure if he is very eager to come again and play with Israel in the NT, but i am hopeful. Like i said, Shavit needs a try.

About Shavit, i think the Rui Costa goal wasn't the worst.... But he and hapoel could have putten up a fight.

Afterall, Gershon scored an own goal for them :(

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maccabi haifa

does Ayal Berkovic and Revivo still play for the NT?

What does it mean that "Yacubu couldn't get a work permit"?

Thanks!:D :)

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Yes;

Right now both Eyal Berkovic and Haim Revivo play in the NT. Eyal Berkovic is Israel's Captain, followed by the Assistant captain Tal Banin and i think the other assistant Avi Nimmy.

Revivo, just now wanted to join in the Euro Qualifiers run. He 'retired' from Israel NT in Febuary for confused circumstances, but he came back when the X-Coach, Richard Moeller Neilsen from Denmark quit. When the news broke out, avraham grant who is the new head coach had a talk with Revivo and the both decided to make out a deal for him to come back to the NT.

many of that reason was due to how Revivo felt. He was treated well under Richard Neilsen!

About Yakubu.....
Yakubu made a deal with Derby County in England to play for them. He has been transfered from Maccabi Haifa and now has a contract with Derby. But the problem is that he cannot be able to get a Work Permit. After all, he is coming to play in England from September to April....... ENgland, unlike the other places is not as stricked with Work permits for soccer players, but it has got stupid restrictions like...you have to play a certain amount of International games (Getting caps) in order to qualify.

So now his carrer with Derby county is left in a status quo and hopefully it will work out in the end, if not Maccabi Haifa wouldn't mind signing him. Eventhough it will ruin there trade with Hapoel Petach Tikva striker Michael Zandberg who they were keen on getting :(

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is the team that benayoun is going to go to (Racing Santander) any good?

Are they in the first division or the primier league?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
They just got promoted. I think they can stay off relegation this year

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
the team benayoun is playing for which is Racing Santander, got promoted to the Spain Liga 1. It will be nice to see Benayoun play teams such as Valencia, Real Madrid and Barcelona just to name a few.

I heard that the team has money problems, but they do have a good team of players from places like Russia, Ukraine and the Balkans. So it will be a treat.

Im not sure if they will be relegated again, but it will be nice to see them play :) Im wishing them all the best!

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I think in Benayun's contract there is a clause if the team won't be in the premier division he will be loaned to a premier division club.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Giovanni rosso just signed a 3 year deal with Maccabi Haifa. He does have a clause in his offer that makes him eligible to play in Europe, if he ever gets an offer from a foreign club.

What it means by Loan is that a team can purchase a player at a price to have him play for a season or two with that team. Its really difficult to explain but....lets say if your on my team and you have 4 years, and someone was to want to loan you for the reaminder of the season which is 5 months...

Than i would loan you, get paid more and give them to you for the 5 months and then you come back to me when your done!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, It's sort of like giving some team a player, and having them give it back when they're done, for money. RIght?

Is Zatautus still on the team?

1 - 20 of 334 Posts